[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hidamarisketch01.jpg (4 KB, 240x136)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
Why are modern musicians so terrified of feelings?
>no sadness or grieving, only "le depression" (with heavy drug and alcohol imagery)
>no happiness or fulfillment, only short spikes of immediate pleasure (through drugs, sex, or luxury items).
>no love, only sexual attraction
>no anger toward anyone or anything, only passive-aggressive non-criticism toward "le society (without specifics)".
>>
>why [STRAWMAN]?
Look harder.
>>
>>121579368
Why is OP such a fag?
>sucks cock
>whines
>generalizes
>is roundly disliked by all other anons
>chronic halitosis
>>
>>121579368
someone rape that annoying moeshit slut cgdct crap
>>
>>121579368
>no sadness or grieving, only "le depression" (with heavy drug and alcohol imagery)
Grieving is just depression with a specific context. It's better to express feelings poetically than be super literal and state the context outright. More widely relatable, stronger rapport with audience, etc. There are more songs about sadness than there are depression, and the two topics overlap more often than either is the exclusive topic of a song
>no happiness or fulfillment, only short spikes of immediate pleasure (through drugs, sex, or luxury items).
Listen to literally any other genre besides rap
>no love, only sexual attraction
Listen to literally any other genre besides rap.
>no anger toward anyone or anything, only passive-aggressive non-criticism toward "le society (without specifics)".
At this point you just reveal your own retardation when it comes to comprehending lyrics. First of all, there are 10x more angry breakup songs than angry political songs. Second of all, like I said earlier, it's better to express emotions using pathos and poetics. To a double digit IQ, this may come off as passive aggressive and nondescript. On top of that, it's extremely rare a song will rage at society without any indication as to what specifically the problem is. In fact every example I can come up with at the top of my head, I look up the lyrics and turns out the band does specify what about society they dont like. Even if a band doesn't name the specifics i fail to see the problem with that because it can be assumed if the listener isnt a NEET / underage child theyre perfectly familiar with whatever issues exist in society. On top of that, a song about anger towards something or someone seems petty and immature compared to a song expressing anger towards society
>>
>>121579368
60s and 70s Music was more about drugs if anything. Listen to a ton of "dadrock" and Ted Nudgent isn't exaggerating that he wad an outlier for not singing a ton about this or doing any really. Funkadelic were constantly singing about drugs. Lou Reed was constantly singing about drugs. CAN,Jimi Hendrix,Lynyrd Skynyrd,you name it. Some more or less explicitly mind you. The Beatles too. All the most popular ones and most of the most critically accepted.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (8 KB, 179x282)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>121579368
I am terrified of feelings too, so I understand it. I live in a closet and at night, the feelings live outside. They talk over the day's news, they eat, they sleep, they breathe. They seem to live normal lives without me, unaware of my existence. I am scared, and to cope, I listen to sad music like "Passion of The Wunderkind" by Jerry Lee Lewis to assuage my sheer horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0Nu_WkfRQ
>>
>>121579368
It’s because zoomers are soulless and have no real life experiences which is why they can’t produce good music.
>>
>>121584115
Is that Jacob collier?
>>
>>121584676
okay boomer
>>
>>121579368
I already pointed out that baby boomer era Psychedelia is prettymuch explicitly about drugs least 90%+ of it was. Most "dadrock" too.
>>
>>121584939
Thats why early breaking ben was the best
>>
>>121585015
Lol no you're just retarded tbqh. If you'd actually had sex ever you would not feel the need to pretend like this stuff was genuinely better than Prog or Psychedelia. All based on insecurity.
>>
>>121585015
>>121585241
Idk maybe that's harsh. I'm in line at the airport and it's just constant fucking noise. It's crowded and annoying here and I miss my girlfriend.
>>
>>121585241
That's a lot of projection there bud. You alright?
>>
>>121584676
>sòyllennial calling anyone soulless
>>
>>121585281
>he thinks talking like this will make him seem adult and/or mature

Are you?
>>
>>121585281
That's the nico nigger. Maybe the worst and most hated poster on this board
>>
>>121586950

You're still projecting. Every single time you think you know what anybody else thinks, you are projecting your own thoughts onto your perception of who you believe they are.
When you open your mouth and admit to having these thoughts, thoughts that you have convinced yourself belong to the person you're talking to, the person you're talking to knows for a fact that they arent thinking what you think they're thinking, and it becomes obvious that you have come up with this wacky bullshit all on your own, and you don't know how to handle it.

My friend, do not become so trapped in the illusion of your ego that you forget, you're a human just like the rest of us.
>>
>>121579368
They have no great experiences or live intensely. The common experience is now sitting at home and vibing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.