[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nick.jpg (28 KB, 612x380)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>
>>121580968
I agree, but that’s just like, my opinion.
>>
ugly mfer
>>
>>121580968
pretty boring artist, desu. shame about his kids
>>
>>121580968
overrated mom rock music
>>
>>121580968
Why "aside"? His personal opinions elevate him in my eyes.
>>
>>121583022
I’m referring to the personal opinions of those who don’t think he’s the greatest artist of all time
>>
>>121580968
I love his first two albums. My Funeral, Tender Prey, Good Son and Boatman's Call are good too
>>
File: nick_cave.png (360 KB, 601x778)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>121580968
I went into his Nick Cave and I never came back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0Nu_WkfRQ
>>
Midwest mid to have ever mid.
>>
File: jethro_lazenby-cave.jpg (70 KB, 634x825)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>121581284
>shame about his kids
"Lazenby was in a terrible downward spiral before his sudden death in Melbourne and had only walked free from jail on bail last week over a vicious assault against his mother.

He had been staying at the three-star motel, with pictures of the accomodation showing a seedy pool, graffiti on walls and filthy appliances.

At the time of his death, Lazenby had resorted to shoplifting food. He was arrested last year for stealing a packet of chili beef jerky and a bag of Smith's Crisps for $12.50.

He'd recently been released from prison amid allegations he bashed his Melbourne-based former model mother after she refused to buy him a pack of smokes.

Lazenby had the world at his feet in the early 2000s when he managed to score some top modelling jobs on the back of his famous father's name."
>>
>>121585984
this man was a model?
>>
I have 2 problems with Nick Cave
-What Ive heard of him bores me
-His fans all have different ideas on what his good albums are
>>
>>121586492
>-His fans all have different ideas on what his good albums are
There's a lot of different subsets of Nick Cave fans which is the reason for this. From day one there were people who thought Rowland S. Howard was who Cave needed and thought he was shit after the Birthday Party ended. Then there's people who only like his 80s and 90s albums where he did a lot of his 'classic songs'. Then there's his fans of recent times who seem to think the last few albums he has done are the greatest in his career.
There's also the fact that his more aggressive songs seemed to be a lot better live than in the studio at times.

I'm a big fan of him to a point but I think his discography is hit and miss. I think his peak was in the early 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmkTbOeFOs&list=OLAK5uy_lEWnJQCQtJv6gJciC833ZAJp31lzXTzVo
>>
>>121580968
>objectively
No such thing, my friend.
>>
>>121580968
Too bad his music sucks.
>>
>>121586492
>His fans all have different ideas on what his good albums are
This is the case with any artist who changes their sound. Why is that a bad thing?
>>
>>121583206
No I’m not
>>
nick cave is the type of music that if my i was writing mysic with my singer songwriter friend and he showed me it, i would reject it for being too cringe and tryhard. but maybe im the nigger in this situation.
>>
>>121587874
>that if my i was writing mysic with
Nigga what the fuck happened here.
>>
>>121587894
it is the i meant if my friend showed me this "into my arms", id would quit the project bc its mad gay
>>
>>121587920
What about Lime Tree Arbour or There Is a Kingdom?
>>
File: 1996.jpg (180 KB, 1200x1200)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>121586104
Only because his dad was Nick Cave, of course. Just look at that schnozz. Still got to walk catwalks for Balenciaga and Versace though.
>>
>>121580968
Can't really sing though.

>he objectively has the greatest discography of all time.
Maybe if you don't listen to music.
>>
>>121580968
RHCP discography > Nick Cage discography
(well maybe up until that froosh fag joined rchp…I can understand why you think nick is better)
>>
nick cave does NOT make music. its just extremely low effort lyrics and melody superimposed onto the most basic, cliche, uninspired instrumental accompiment. the only aspect that stands out is the shamelessness with which the lyrics are written, in which there no attempt at metaphor/wordplay to obscure the pedantic, adolescant thoughts that he conveys. its really no surprise he appeals primarily to mediocre femoid arthoes, i assume because his baritone voice sounds fuckable
>>
>>121588191
>Can't really sing though.
Listen to the following albums:
The Good Son, The Boatman's Call, Ghosteen
>>
>>121588401
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>121580968
He certainly has a discography
>>
>>121588884
>under 18
Specifically mentions RHCP prior to BBSM
jfc anon. I could be your dad, but I’m not. My son wouldnt be a colossal faggot like you.
>>
I've tried getting into his music on multiple occasions and I've found it to be consistently boring, all in all I'm glad he's accepted chrsit into his life.
>>
>>121589090
How can someone find Tender Prey or Let Love in boring?
>>
>>121589251
I listened to the boatmans call recently and it was boring, some tracks were enjoyable but I wasn't necessary too impressed.
>>
>>121580968
Poor man's Tom Waits.
>>
>>121589300
so a poor man's poor man's beefheart? or a poor man's poor man's poor man's howlin' wolf i suppose in that case
>>
>>121588929
Anyone who defends RHCP while being unable to properly abbreviate a simple phrase certainly isn’t old enough to post here either.
>>
>Be 16
>Discover /mu/
>See Nick Cave on the chart
>Listen to it
>Guy goes "Uhhhh Hmmm The Whirlwind Or Something"
>Drop the album
>Be 20
>See P4K recommending a new Nick Cave album
>Decide to give him another try
>"Uhhh Hyuhhh I louhhuuhUhhveeee YouuUuuuuU"
>Drop the album
>Be 25
>Mom shows me Nick Cave is on CBS News
>Decide he has one last shot
>"Hyyrruururhryryruhrurhruhrr mmffhfhrruhfuhurhruh nngghghghh"
>Drop the album
>>
>>121589300
/thread
>>
Nocturama was the last good album, there's a few decent songs on Abbatoir and Lazarus, but that's about it, don't have to listen to anything after that.
>>
>>121580968
gtfo
can't touch dylan or the sex pistols or siouxsie and the banshees
>>
>>121580968
you were right /mu/, this dude looks like a dr seuss character lol
>>
>>121589300
He's in the same league of 'niche singer songwriters with depressing songs who don't really sound like anyone else' with Tom Waits but he doesn't sound very similar.

>>121589333
If Nick Cave is a poor man's anyone he's more like a poor man's Leonard Cohen. He isn't really similar to him either but that's a little more similar.
>>
>>121581284
>pretty boring artist
exactly, theres many other punk dudes that were cooler, or edgier, or darker, then he gets all fancy and its honestly mid as hell almost the entire time, funny cause I adore PJ Harvey but she is such a superior artist
>>
>>121587920
exactly and nick cave only gets away with it cause hes already famous and sells on his persona hard
>>
>>121589300
thats where my mind went, Bone Machine is an insanely superior version of Nick Cave's later sound, Nick could never have came out with songs like Such a Scream, Colosseum, I Dont Wanna Grow Up

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.