[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I really like the sound of jewel cases. Do you like the sound of jewel cases?
>>
>>121581183
They're infinitely better than all these stupid as hell digipacks nowadays. You'd be hard pressed to find even a disc sleeve in one of the newer printings. Even worse is that the new jewel cases are super weak, so I always have to replace them on any new CDs I get because newer CDs are more expensive than used ones. I just don't understand why vinyl is making a comeback since they used the most materials but CDs get the shaft.
>>
>>121581333
Do you like the sound of jewel cases?
>>
>>121581451
I do.
>>
>>121581183
yes i do
>>
>>121581183
they suck and tend to break. i prefer the folding card ones with the plastic insert where the disc goes.
>>
>>121581648
What's your opinion on the sound of jewel cases?
>>
>>121581674
dont remember. i play my CDs too loud so i can't hear that anymore
>>
>>121581183
clack
>>
>>121581183
jewel cases sound racist
>>
>>121581333

I’m a hater of digipacks as well. I think the makers of them have a weird idea that they’re more “collector item”, like a mini vinyl sleeve
>>
>>121581820
My biggest problem with them is that they don't fit with the rest of my CDs. I have to have a seperate pile for all these abnormally tall paper sleeves. It's extra dumb because there do exist variants with a plastic disc tray which fit in fine with jewel cases.
>>
>>121581702
this
>>
I LIKE THE SOUND, AND THE LOOK; I DISLIKE THE CONSTRUCTION: FLIMSY.
>>
>>121581183
love how they sound
the satisfying feels and sounds of CD usage are what I miss now that I stream all my music
>the click when you close a top loading CD player
>the sound and smooth motion of a CD being taken in by a motor
>the sound of a multi disc player shuffling to the next disc

and then of course I think we all remember the other noises like the constant skipping of a CD player trying to find the next undamaged part of the disc
>>
>>121583255
>noises like the constant skipping of a CD player trying to find the next undamaged part of the disc
heard that today when I played the Greek now-that's-what-i-call-music-type compilation CD i bought for a dollar from a thrift store to be le quirky
>>
>>121581183
yeah and because they're square they're good for stopping your CDs from rolling away
>>
>>121581183
I like the way that they let you take the booklet out to read the liner notes.
I don't like how brittle they are, how the tabs snap off if you breathe on them, and how much the reflective plastic shows its shelf wear. And I especially hate how you can crossthread the booklet on the retaining tabs if you're not careful, and then you have to tear it either pulling the page(s) back over if you didn't when you were pulling it out again. I wouldn't mind if someone had just updated these to make them better built.
I like sleeves a little bit more, but I only wish sleeves had ANY kind of standardized dimensions. All of the sleeves I've gotten from ECM are the same height and width as jewel cases, and they slide right in to my CD shelves. And YET not only is no other label's sleeves that same size, they're not even sized the same to each other. Every other is bigger than a jewel case, but that difference is between 1/16" taller (just barely enough to slide in) to 1/4" taller. What the hell gives? Why can't we just agree to make sleeves the size of a jewel case and call it a day?
>>
>>121588180
Do you like the sound of jewel cases?
>>
>>121588259
Yeah, they're nice for that. I like sliding my finger over the grooves on the edges.
>>
Physical media sucks balls.
>>
>>121581183
I liked jewel cases but it was annoying when the plastic would break
>inb4 take better care of your stuff
fair enough
>>
File: 1711571539290326.jpg (131 KB, 730x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>121589613
Fuck you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.