[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: big.jpg (201 KB, 1024x1536)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
Maybe I'm just a retard but why is it seemingly impossible to find JUST INSTRUMENTAL music? I don't mean boom bap rap beats or songs with the vocals taken out, I mean music made purely with no vocal implementation at all. I've tried navigating all these crazy database sites that have the most inane categories and genres available like "starbucks bathroom pop" or "I thought it's friday but it's actually thursday emo" but alas no fucking category for no vocals. I mean seriously what the fuck is wrong here? Am I in the wrong for some reason? I just don't want vocalchord slop in my speakers all the time.

>Just search for classical music and listen to the same songs on repeat
No!
>Just search for 'instrument music' in youtube and listen to boring ass singular 'instrument' ballads
And also no!

I just want to be able to use one of these databases, look at genres, look at ratings, but sort out the albums with vocals. Is that so bad?
>>
>>121584859
>listen to the same [pieces] on repeat
Classical music doesn't have a quantity problem. You seem dim.
>>
>>121584950
The post isn't about classical music at all really
>>
>>121584859
The voice IS an instrument anon.
>>
>>121584859
the genre you are looking for is "ambient" which in itself is split into many sub categories
>>
File: ad-rock.png (137 KB, 355x401)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>121584859
Starbucks bathroom pop is actually my favorite, I bump that shit when I'm in da club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0Nu_WkfRQ
>>
kpop usually has the instrumental on youtube
>>
>>121584859
Theres tons of instrumental music out there. But its often eschewed by plebs and the mainstream because non musical people cant process whats happening.
For most people, music is a product, or a background noise, not an artform.
>>121585067
"Ambient" is not a catchall term for instrumental music. Which is probably why its confusing as fuck when people use that term. Theres many styles of instrumental music.
>>
>>121585225
music made to be background noise is usually instrumental
>>
>>121584859
Are you actually this retarded? Woah.
>>
>>121585261
Sometimes.
Most top40 is not made to be the center of attention, its made to enhance your shopping experience at the Gap, or Macy's.
OP is asking about Art Music, of which there is a lot.
>>
>>121585287
I don't see an answer yet althoughbeit
>>
>>121585326
>its made to enhance your shopping experience at the Gap, or Macy's.
not really, it's more about profiting off celebrity worshippers
>OP is asking about Art Music
no he isn't
>>
>>121584859
there are whole genres which are mostly instrumental, like post-rock and most ambient electronic genres
>>
>>121585418
>art music
Yes, he is. They just dont understand words.
>macys, celebrity worship.
Its quite literally, the same thing. Different phases of the consumer cycle. The macys part just lasts decades, while the chart topping bit lasts a year at most for an individual piece. Theres exceptions, but its rare.
>>
>>121585705
>They [sic] just don't understand words
>uses the zoomer sense of 'literally'
end your life, literal autist
>>
>>121585705
I just want a rateyourmusic or albumoftheyear or whatever with a "NO VOCALS" filter. I don't know what about that is so incomprehensable to you guys. Art music sounds like faggot shit, I most definitely do not want purely "art music"
>>
>>121585832
Have you tried bitching about your faggot ass problems in the RYM forums? Those dipshits seem right up your alley.
>>
>>121585768
>literally: consumerism.
Stay stupid anon!
>>
>>121584859
go to faggot.com
>>
>>121586234
Don't promote your site here
>>
>>121585832
https://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time/d:instrumental/
Wow, that was hard.
>>
>>121586282
Except that filters out hardly anything
>>
>>121586523
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>121584859
>Maybe I'm just a retard
Based on everything you've said here, I'm gonna say this is the case.
>>
>>121586683
I'm OP, the list is helpful. He's probably saying it only filters out ~1000 projects, but that's still a lot, to me at least
>>
>>121584859
rateyourmusic chart search, "instrumental" descriptor, add other tags as you see fit

there ya fuckin go
>>
>>121584859
Bach alone made 1000 pieces, I don't think there's any danger of listening to it all
>>
>>121584859
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCEYPyUBDAU
I wish the Octobass got used more
>>
>>121584859
Just when I thought my opinion of zoomers couldn’t get any lower…

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.