[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>high out of his fucking skull
>gives an incredible performance
How did he do it?
>>
>>121589968
setting low standards for his retarded audience
>>
>>121589968
You’ve never done drugs before, have you?
>>
>>121589985
Alice is the last truly incredible rock band
>>
how did a gruge singer find a voilin to play for him int he 1990s would a violin person even know what grunge music is how would that even hapen
>>
>>121589990
point proven
>>
File: 1690515374993135.png (36 KB, 646x731)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>setting low standards for his retarded audience
>point proven
>>
>>121589968
>How did he do it?
just a great singer, he got weaker over time but even still it's a pretty good performance
>>
>>121590048
Was it the heroin?
>>
>>121590082
yeah but don't forget the coke
>>
>>121589995
'People who play violin must only have ever listened to classical music' just shut up, youre embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>121590127
i never said that dont put words iny my mouth but wat other grunge band use had violin people writing there songs in 1990s there wasnt anyone doing that so how did they get one for alice in chains
>>
>>121589968
Jerry was high too. He even had a bucket next to him to throw up into.

Looking at their actual setlist reveals how much of a clusterfuck the whole show was.

Nutshell (take 1, complete)

Brother

No Excuses

Sludge Factory (take 1, complete)

Sludge Factory (take 2, complete)

Down in a Hole (take 1, incomplete)

Down in a Hole (take 2, complete)

Angry Chair

Rooster

Got Me Wrong (take 1 complete)

Heaven Beside You

Would? (take 1, complete)

Frogs (take 1, complete)

Over Now

Killer Is Me (take 1, complete)

Nutshell (take 2, complete, band leaves stage and re-enters prior to starting song)

Sludge Factory (take 3, incomplete)

Sludge Factory (take 4, incomplete)

Sludge Factory (take 5, incomplete)

Would? (take 2, complete)

Frogs (take 2, complete)

Killer Is Me (take 2, complete)

Sludge Factory (take 6, complete)

Got Me Wrong (take 2, incomplete)

Got Me Wrong (take 3, incomplete)

Got Me Wrong (take 4, complete)
>>
his high probably peaked during Sludge Factory, that mess up is hilarious
>>
>>121590167
smashing pumpkins dumbass, i think nirvana did it for a song too
>>
>>121589995
>>121590167
average alice in chains fan iq
>>
Alice In Chains is the most overrated grunge band by far, in fact I would say musicians that have a heavy reliance on drugs are vastly inferior to those that don't need it
>>
>>121590189
Jerry had a bucket next to him because he had food poisoning
>>
Layne had a voice that was untouchable. Even though it degraded with his rampant drug abuse, he delivered some of the most powerful choruses ever recorded. One of a kind. Jerry still doesn't get nearly enough credit though.
>>
>>121590540
Ah yes, that old chestnut

He admitted years later the food poisoning story was somewhat less than true
>>
>>121590602
Fair enough. I had heard the food poisoning excuse and never delved into it myself. Seeing as how the entire band was on something, or multiple somethings, I feel stupid now for not looking deeper into it.
>>
You literally couldn't name a better live vocal performance of that era. Layne was a monster.
https://youtu.be/naoSdrzqh-M?si=_B8sW2-xvQ4pqFAM
>>
>>121590167
>>121590256
Nirvana used Cello. Smashing Pumpkins used Viola, I believe. For acoustic songs, string additions sound fantastic.
>>
>>121590754
Don’t feel stupid. I mean it’s just a band.
>>
>>121590754
I heard he admitted it was just a story on some podcast, but I haven't heard the podcast so I dunno for sure
>>
>>121589968
He did it just not to feel sick. The crack is what really destroyed him.
>>
>>121589968
Alice In Chains harmonized vocals. It was one of the main things that set them apart from other bands at the time. Cantrell and Staley sounded otherworldly together.
>>
>>121591371
most of the grunge bands did it to some extent alice in chains was just the best by far
>>
>>121591431
They took some lessons from Simon and Garfunkel, but I have no proof of this.
>>
>>121590189
Was this normal for MTV Unplugged? Doing all these takes?
>>
>>121591641
A lot of the bands who did MTV Unplugged would do multiple takes of songs to get them perfect or to fix any mistakes

I've heard Nirvana did theirs in one take but I don't know if that's true or not

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.