[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Death—Human.png (549 KB, 500x500)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
I have become addicted to this album. Which is funny, because I used to think it was incredibly boring. But it clicked hard.
>>
File: nin.png (984 KB, 746x690)
984 KB
984 KB PNG
>>121591591
>>
>>121591591
Just the Grateful Dead in general.
>>
>>121591591
Nothing.
>>
File: Buzum_daudi_baldrs.jpg (32 KB, 302x290)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>
I have to listen to very album for 3 times before I can stand it, what's wrong with me
>>
>>121593110
I kind of do the same thing. I listen to a song, not impressed. I happen to listen to it later , I like it.
I think i have a problem. Or it can be something related to familiarity idk.
>>
File: 1000004633.jpg (97 KB, 1000x1000)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>121591591
my first time listening to this I couldn't get behind the vocals and it instantly turned me off I liked Steve Souza more but after giving it a second run it quickly became one of my favorites and now I look down on their later works in comparison to this masterpiece
>>
>>121591591
To add an even more extreme example of sentiment reversal, here is an album I absolutely loathed. I thought it was the worst piece of music I've ever heard. There were a few times I revisited it and hated it each time. Then one day, after listening to it and hating it yet again, for whatever reason I decided to do that one more time. And I absolutely loved it. And I've loved it ever since. It's my most-listened-to album on my lastfm account.
>>
>>121592987
this
>>
>>121591591
You just programmed yourself to like it through repitition
>>
>>121594911
I hadn't listened to it that many times before I started to like it. However, I had listened to a lot of other Death Metal albums in the meantime, so that could have had an impact. It's a classic record, but it may not sound like much to somebody who's not knee-deep in the genre.
>>
>>121593975
>It's my most-listened-to album on my lastfm account.
WOAH REALLY????? OMGGGG
>>
>>121595052
Heh depends. Human is the first death metal album I listened to that I actually felt was great; I liked how austere and cold it sounded.I still think it's my favorite Death album
>>
>>121595095
It could be the case that your experience is more common. 'Twas just hypothesizing on my part.
>>
>>121594911
Lol what kind of bullshit is this
>>
File: 914yfh-f0ol-sl1200.jpg (515 KB, 1200x1200)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
>>121591591
I usually know the opposite (albums I loved that I grew to dislike or hate), but a song from picrel just came up on my radio and I can say that I didn't like Left Hand Path but now I really like it. It always seemed to me like the scandideath blue cover slop album but it's actually really fucking good now that I have better taste, I recognise it. Doesn't make me a fan of Entombed but just this album I recognise its worth.
>>
>>121595528
>but a song from picrel just came up on my radio
What radio station do you listen to, that plays Death Metal?
>>
>>121595550
I put Youtube Music (with adblock of course) on the computer, pick a song (in this case "Excommunication" by Revenge) and click the little dots and play the radio.
If you hate Jewtube so much you boycott them, you can find several webradios.
>radio station
Haha well no. I said "my radio".
>>
File: IMG_4780.jpg (58 KB, 374x520)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>121593359
Based. Bonded by Blood is a fucking masterpiece and is one of the best thrash albums of all time. I still enjoy Zetro though, specially Tempo of the Damned, Fabulous and Persona Non Grata. I have no problem with him at all.
>>
File: IMG_4781.jpg (230 KB, 1000x1000)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>121591591
Based. Human is an absolute monster. For me though, it’s Individual Thought Patterns. You just can’t touch that album.
>>
>>121595742
Oh, okay. I'm a dumdum.
>>
>>121593110
they all kinda sound the same these days, takes multiple tries to hear their individuality
>>
Similar story to you. I went into Throbbing Gristle's discog expecting something like Test Dept. or Einsturzende. Was disappointed when the so-called father of industrial didn't have much metal clanginng together. A few years later I gave Second Annual Report another try without those expectations and I got really immersed into it. Should give Jazz Funk Greats another go sometime.
>>
All albums posted so far I liked instantly upon listening to except ITP which took me 2 tries at best. Emepror on the other hand filtered me hard from the very beginning, all I heard in In The Nightside Eclipse was noise but I kept seeing the name everywhere and eventually listened to "Into The Infinity of Thoughts" for the first time, somehow it clicked(I Am Black Wizards filtered me before), after listening to the album I enjoyed most of the tracks and thought it was the best thing I've ever heard. Happened same with Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk, took me some time to distinguish melodies, hear patterns and harmonies. Today I realize ATTWAD is a masterpiece within the genre, and nothing really comes close.
>>
>>121591591
And yet another classic I used to hate. I remember that the vocals were the thing that particularly irked me. But it grew on me a lot. Nowadays I think it's a great album.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.