[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

No pretense. I genuinely enjoy the music. I learned a couple of the tracks, read the band member's books. I'm a musician myself, and it feels like there are zero Beefheart fans in the wild.
>>
>>121758243
Yes, I really love decals, I heard it as a kid from my older cousin and didn't know it was meant to be some crazy thing
>>
>>121758243
No you fucking don't lmao.
>" it feels like there are zero Beefheart fans in the wild.

That's because their aren't. It's a larp for Discord Type Peoplr to feel better about themselves. He's le obscure and le weird so they can feel like le epic 2012 Deadpool Hipsters. Krautrock Fanbase might have a lot of pretentious aging millenials to but these guys actually were the hipsters as opposed to just being manchildren. Also plenty of Krautrock Bands actually wrote good songs. Zappa,Beefheart,and his friends didn't. You can be the most blue collar republican ever and never touch drugs in your entire life and still admit that Paperhouse let's say has good riffs. Nobody is ever going to do that for Beefheart or Zappa. There are no "anthems" by them. CAN could write Yellow Snow or The Muffin Man but Zappa or Beefheart couldn't write Paperhouse or Sing Swan Song. He couldn't do what other people did before him either.
>>
im not really into him but i like seeing the nicosperg get triggered because he's a fag
>>
>>121758342
You say that but you probably actually do like him and are assmad that my description of you is accurate. Also if you've heard Trout Mask Replica or Uncle Meat they're so retarded and up their own asses that it's almost less Autistic to get triggered by them. The same people who pretended to think Zappa or Beefheart are le heckin best music ever are the same type of people who count tiles and play train simulator for fun. It lacks rhythm,it lacks pacing,it lacks resolution and impact. It's very soulless crap those two guys made. Listening to Zappa is "sophisticated" in the way watching a 30 Part YouTube Essay about Christianity as depicted in Anime is. Actually just depressing.
>>
>>121758342
Like seriously you're more of a "sperg" for defending this as even listenable muchless good muchless great. Prettymuch the musical equivalent to flight simulator or something.
>>
I've only listened to his first 3 albums, but they were seriously one of the greatest experimental rock bands ever. Trout mask replica is a masterpiece, not the best album ever or anything, but there's nothing else like it in the world. His other music is more accessible, but not nearly as noteworthy. I would love to start a band centered around some of the features of the Magic band, like the use of polyrhythms, abstract poetry, weird time signatures, just the raw DIY experimentation and everything.
>>
>>121758259
Its not really a crazy thing. People overblow it. I owe alot to TMR though. I started music purely because I read about how Don van Vliet would just play whatever on piano, and then have the other players play it. I thought, "If this guy can fumble his way into music, then I bet if I learn music theory and perform that shit myself I can be even better". Alot of rhythmic theory I learned from Beefheart's drummer. It's just very stimulating music.
>>
File: bill_john.jpg (53 KB, 799x483)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>121758628
>I would love to start a band centered around some of the features of the Magic band, like the use of polyrhythms, abstract poetry, weird time signatures, just the raw DIY experimentation and everything.
Literally me. I'm 18 so I still have time, but I feel like there's absolutely no one on the same frequency as I am. Maybe it's because I live in europe, so it's not really a milestone band like in the US. Although i heard that Europeans liked Beefheart way better than the Americans when they toured.
>>
>>121758243
I'm a musician as well. Own Safe As Milk, Mirror Man, TMR, Spotlight Kid, Clear Spot and Ice Cream for Crow in CDs
>>
>>121758707
Do you go to college? Assuming you live a city with enough people I'm sure you can find other people who want to make the same kind of music. I'm 21 (American) and I'm thinking of posting on my universities reddit (I know..) to find people to play music with. good luck anon
>>
>>121758321
STFU Nicofag. KYS.
>>
>>121758838
Check out the original version of Bat Chain Puller. It's up there with TMR, though it is much more chilled out.

>>121758893
Can't go to college cause my family can't support me financially. Applied to an art school once. They liked my art but I did not like the other students and the whole program.
>>
>>121758243
IM A LITTLE PIMP WITH MY HAIR GASSED BACK
>>
>>121758243
clear spot is the best song ever
>>
>>121759029
y'ever hear the alex harvey cover of that song? pretty good shit imo, you might like it.
>>
>>121759901
It's super fun to play too
>>
>>121759009
I already made a playlist in my Spotify account of the Bat Chain Puller album some time ago, glad to see you know what you're talking about :)
>>
I love Safe as Milk and like Spotlight Kid and Clear Spot

TMR is a bit too much for me to handle though
>>
I adore beefheart, regularly argue with that resident autist in those threads but last time it was moderately pleasant
>>
>>121758243
>Any actual Beefheart fans here?
There are, but apparently they only listen to Trout Mask Replica or Decals.
Lame.
Why limit yourselves?
Both albums for good, but I far prefer The Spotlight Kid, Clear Spot, Bat Chain Puller, Doc At The Radar Station or even Ice Cream For Crow.
Acting as if Trout Mask or Decals are some kind of be-all-end-all within The Captains discography is flat-out retarded.
Also, how's Blue Jeans & Moonbeams?
Last time I checked, physical versions are out-of-print & will cost you an arm & a leg.
What am I missing?
>>
also im a weird guitarist/drummer and if anybody lived in Oregon I'd probably form a beefheart inspired band with another real fan
>>
>>121760223
Oregon is cool. I also started out as a drummer cause of John French's playing style inspiring me so much. Really hope you find likeminded musicians to jam with.
>>121760087
Denny Walley was up there with Zoot Horn Rollo in terms of skill and slide technique. He really improved BCP. John Thomas' jazzy keyboard lines make stuff like Seam Crooked Sam sound like a soundtrack to some cartoon from the 80s.. it just sounds super nostalgic to me. Odd Jobs is one of my favorites.
>>121760173
Check out the older blues demos from Grow Fins. Especially "Triple Combination".
>>121760218
Idk about Moonbeams, but the opener to Unconditionally Guaranteed is peak.
>>
Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa, Nico. The unholy trinity of garbage music.
>>
Don't forget to ignore the retards autists with no life.
>>
One of the most consitent acts in music. On a sidenote, while all the complaints about Strictly Personal are understanable, i still find the mix on Safe as Milk, Trust us and On tomorrow on that album to be great
>>
>>121760501
Trust Us honestly sounds ahead of it's time. It's super good. Don't wanna look like a basic bitch, but it honestly reminds me of a few radiohead and modest mouse tracks. The usage of feedback in the outro/coda is very unique too.
>>
beefhart sucks
big zappa fan btw
>>
I was obsessed with Strictly Personal for the longest time. I considered it America's response to Magical Mystery Tour. Even with the bad mixing and overuse of flanging, it's still a cool Psych Rock album. Some of the drumming on it sounds almost Krautrock.

Does anyone else think this is basically the birth of Shoegaze? Wall-of-Sound hazy noisy fuzz guitars and loud drumming. At 2:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwp5Cic3N3I&t=2m09s
>>
File: strictly_personal.jpg (3.03 MB, 2771x2767)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>121760804
Thats what I've been saying for a couple of years now. I was super obsessed with the album 2 years ago. I would try to find the most high def version on Soulseek, use the graphic eq to fix the bad mixing etc. I think the best way to go about doing that is isolating the tracks on mvsep.com and remix the thing. Basically? really exceptional music. Alex Snouffer inspired me in a lot of ways, maybe even more than the rest of Beefheart guitarists, to play slide guitar. His playing on the Strictly Personal version of Mirror Man is super good.
>>
I like Beefheart, but I don’t understand why Trout Mask Replica gets 99.9% of the fixation on /mu/. It’s a fine album but Decals and Doc at the Radar Station are in the same league and get no attention whatsoever.

Every Beefheart thread on /mu/ devolves into an autistic screeching warzone between two camps:
>virgin earlets coping with FOMO because they can’t into babbys first experimental music
>literally autistic pseuds who think they’re special for getting into babbys first experimental music
>>
>>121758321
This guy has an entire broomstick up his ass
>>
>>121761051
that's the way with lots of artists. Lots of listeners just stay with the album that is the most critically acclaimed and call it day. Pere Ubu, Cardiacs, Cocteau Twins, Dead can dance, Residents, Beach Boys. Glenn Branca, etc. Those are catalogs in which only the most acclaimed albums are talk about
>>
File: wtki.jpg (10 KB, 256x197)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>121758321
>>121758381
>>121758396
>>
>>121760501
>while all the complaints about Strictly Personal are understanable
What complaints
By whom
>>
>>121761913
Strickly personal was supposed to be a double album like the Mirror Man sessions. In the band's words the label ended up butchering the album with some psychedelic production choices. I particulary like the butchered songs though
>>
Favorite sell-out Beefheart songs? For me are Upon the My-O-My (great horns) and the psychedelic beauties of Observatory Crest and This Is the Day
>>
>>121761996
Aight. Bought it recently and enjoyed the 2 or 3 tracks i played, will sit and listen to it full when i get the time, im intrigued on the butchered ones.
>>
>>121758243
Nah he’s shit. If you think there was an original bone in his body, you need to listen to the Well Tempered Clavier. Fugues are super complex and really chaotic to the laymen but all the moving parts actually fit together in an intentional and satisfying way instead of being a dissonant piece of shit that may accidentally sound halfway decent every now and then.
>>
>>121762365
really exaggerated how dissonant Beefheart can get. Truly delusional
>>
>>121758243
I'm gonna start releasing music as Lt. Queefshart
>>
>>121762365
>If you think there was an original bone in his body, you need to listen to the Well Tempered Clavier
what did he mean by this
>>
>>121758937
Bro you are 100% more risk for suicide than I am just for admitting to "liking" this crap. You probably know that on some subconscious level too. Nico wipes the fucking floor with beefheart and so do CAN,Jimi Hendrix,The Velvet Underground,Amon Düül ii,Ten Years After,The Deviants,Magma,The 5th Dimension,Ed Askew,The Moody Blues,or Red Crayola. You fucking know this. You may not admit it but you do.
>>
https://youtu.be/l5wkTdVjE1s?t=183
>>
>121761506
More retarded as in you're retarded for pretending to enjoy this crap. We get it you're soooo smart and quirky zomg!!! Look at you,such a big boy pretending to enjoy random fucking banging and screaming noises with no sense of melody or rhythm attached to it in a failed attempt to get pussy and maybe convince your art teacher to pass you wow.
>>
>>121763189
I don't get what this has to do with Captain Beefheart.
>>
https://youtu.be/3sycZuJ_ox8
>>
>>121763215
Ok now I understand what this has to do with Captain Beefheart. First one was the wrong link I think.
>>
>>121763213

Party of special things to do is written by Captain Beefheart.
>>
>>121763215
God, this is so much more enjoyable than some auto-fellating prog rock fuckery
>>
File: beefheart 1970.jpg (714 KB, 1905x1317)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
well done. keep ignoring those retards. imagine wasting your wholde day ranting worse than a woman menstruating for something you dislike.
>>
File: beefheart 2.jpg (110 KB, 640x960)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
decals is his best record. don't forget to check his collab with zappa, bongo fury.
>>
>decals is his best record.
that would be Mirror Man
>>
I love Captain Beefheart.
>>
i knew him back in the 80's, he was my neighbor, he was truly a kind soul, the world will never be the same without such a good person.
>>
>>121765496
true?
>>
>>121763506
>He thinks saying this will make him seem both cool/in control and masculine as opposed to like a massive neckbeard with no friends
>>
>>121758243
I'm a fan, I love Safe as Milk, Trout Mask, Decals, Mirror Man Sessions, Clear Spot, Bat Chain Puller, Doc at the Radar Station, and Ice Cream for Crow. One of my favorite musicians period, he gives me joy with his music and lyrics, along with artistic inspiration.

My favorite song from him is Zig Zag Wanderer
>>
Beefheart's one of the few artists that successfully pulled off the feeling of being like a shaman or some sort of otherworldly being. I read a comment somewhere that said Beefheart was what Jim Morrison tried to be.
>>
>>121758243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyD06OzJoM0

Great BBC documentary on the captain
>>
>>121762230
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ2kSmbxEUw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RcJ0MCe3KM
>>
bump for comfy beefheart thread
>>
>>121761263
Nah that's people pretending to like this just because it has odd time signatures or whatever rare scales and whatnot. Doesn't make it good. I'm being honest/objective in admitting that it sucks.
>>
>>121758243
I was this many years old when I learned Captain Bee fart wasn't just Frank Zappa
>>
>>121768382
They might as well be the same person. Very specific brand of retarded.
>>
>>121768356
If you can't describe the music, how can you genuinely claim that it sucks? What about it sucks?
>>
>>121768789
I mever said I couldn't describe it,I'm just assuming that I've repeated myself so many times on this that you all know implicitly. A lack of overall pacing or presentation mostly though.
>>
safe as milk is an 11/10 album and better than tmr and decals
>>
>>121769195
It's ironically enough extremely generic and boring. He always gets touted as super avant gaurde or whatever but when compared to similar work by Jimi or Cream or Mountain even it just feels so uninspired. I guess that's why he went all epic and quirky but even then it feels like he's just aping shit the vu or Beatles had already done. You cannot tell me that the first vu album and Magical myatery tour didn't at least somewhat inspire Trout Mask either.
>>
>>121769222
Shut the fuck up nico tranny
>>
>>121769222
electricity is generic and boring?
fuck you faggot
>>
>>121769234
This is so generic of a statement that it's basically meaningless.
>>121769226
You know nothing about music and you also have never had sex with a woman and are likely bellow average t levels unironically. Like go outside and get some sunlight lol. Nico could actually write a song. Beefhesrt couldn't. If you were less retarded maybe you'd realize he couldn't aswell but I guess the retarded are always gonna be easy to con.
>>
>>121769234
It is extremely generic blues rock yes,it doesn't bring nearly as much to the table in terms of novel or truly psychedelic or musically pushing ideas.
>>
>>121769234
Don't give that dipshit an actual reply he's functionally a chatbot
>>
Literally Beefheart thought "hey,none of these songs work but my fanbase is quite literally retarded,maybe if I add a bunch of random time signatures people will think I'm some sort of avant gaurde genius instead of a fucking hack" and then ran with that.
>>
>>121769269
Except I actually know a thing or two about music,you say that but you actually don't. Sure though,I'm le chat bot because I called you a virgin once or asked if you'd been outside this week. We'll go with that. I know those insults are "generic" to you because you get them a lot.
>>
>>121769234
>>121769269
Also yes it is. Have it on now and this is like the most generic Psych-Blues Type 60s Shit ever made lol. You guys really must not have heard a lot of music huh? I can see why it appeals to you more than Hendrix on a personal level,I think that's because you have less experience being a person in a real sense and the epic quirkiness makes you feel better but I guess it works nonetheless. Still pretty stupid though.
>>
kill yourself nicotranny
>>
>>121769448
That doesn't negate what I just said being true lol. Enjoy your joker/incel versions of the rolling stones i guess. Lacks the melody or rhythm the stones had nor the pacing but hey that's what makes it "normie" proofed and relatable to you right?
>>
If other people didn't know who they were or actually listen to them you'd probably agree that Jimi Hendrix and Cream are better bands. I know I shit on The Beatles but at least I'm consistent. In terms of more "art rock" stuff CAN and The Velvet Underground. Seethe as you will.
>>
(I mean I guess not on that The Pretty Things and Moody Blues especially are clearly partially Beatles inspired but you know what I mean, I can actually explain what I like and it tends to follow shared traits or ideas. A lot of you just like shit you saw on a list when you were 12 or shit that annoys other people because it annoys them.)
>>
>>121758243
TMR is a fantastic album. Wipes the floor with psuedointellectual sporkcore like TVU, CAN, Nico, Jimi Hendrix and Claude Vivier
>>
>>121769702
I get you're just fucking with me but it's a retard yelling out of tune and a bunch of random banging noises. Just because it has odd time signatures doesn't make it good.
>>
>>121769793
Oh my god shut the fuck up you joyless cunt. Go find some friends. Nobody here fucking cares about your opinion
>>
>>121769222
>Cream
>Not generic
You really are choosing Clapton who was playing more by the rules and needed Hendrix to btfo of him. You couldn't even point a song that sounded the same as Electricity, sperg
>>
>>121770045
You say I'm joyless but I think that might be the biggest projection of them all. None of you bitches are ever happy about anything. It's just bemoaning le women or le society or some crap all of the time. That's why you like the sad Trout man and his gunny scrimbo songs. Most people would find Beefhesrt to be laughable,pathetic,and slightly sad more than fun.
>>
>>121770045
>"Go find some friends."

Find some self awareness and you might see how funny you saying that is. These aren't your friends. You don't know any of these peoples names. Maybe it'd you're proxy for them but if so you really shouldn't be judging.
>>
>>121770099
>sad troutman
Confirmed you haven't even listened lmao
>>
>all this spamming and samefagging
>>
>>121770090
Every generic Rock/Blues Track ever recorded. Cream did have some generic fillery tracks but Safe as Milk is just a collection of them. Everything Zappa ever did mixed with Ten Years After I guess. Nothing that special though. You just lack any context or scope for the overall genre. It's all shit Zappa or The Beatled or The VU or somebody else already did. Also lot of questions from Modernist Classical but I think that might also be an attempt to be like The Velvet Underground. I know that's not a specific song but I generally find it pretty boring.

>"sperg"

You do realize I can tell you've never been laid and actually don't have any friends because you act like this right? I'm aware that I'm a sperg. I'm fine as is. I have my girl and I have family who can look out for me ill be fine.
>>
>>121770120
Thrownland and Ella GURU are most of what I am basing this view of his overall work on. Those were The ones with I would say the most legible vocals at least ot me or that I could make out what he's saying the best. Not that that's a big thing to me I listen ot Black Metal and shit aswell but those are just the two songs where I could actually really kinda take in what he was saying. I know that's probably like a fractured view of his work but hey I didn't like it I know that. I just listened to Electricity too I didn't like that either. I might not know every song he ever did by name but I know I hate literally everything I've heard by him with a passion. It is fucking horrible. I hate it. I think it lacks artistic direction. When it comes to music you can talk about theory all you want but essentially all music is literally just noises too. Aesthetic and creating a vibe or creating a mound or a soundscape is everything. I don't think Beefheart really has an idea for this other than I said beyond this sort of like shitty proto-tumblr boomer version of le heckin epic quirky random humor which I also hate about The Beatles and hate about Zappa. I find Beefhearts riffs extremely uninspired though. Like it's just the most generic soulless technical "blues" rock imaginable. I like Cream mostly for the acid rock side of it. The Blues tracks not as much save for Blue Condition and I guess White Room if you count that. Same goes for Jimi Hendrix. I get Beefheart was sorta trying to more naturally meld the too but it feels like that kinda removes some of the flavor a bit aswell. I'll also admit to liking Edgar Broughton who at least to me sounds like he has SOME Beefheart Influence although he started around the same time in England completely seperste so idk I could be wrong about this. I like Psychopath and The Moth though. Also Venus,Love in The Rain,and Piece of My Own.
>>
>>121770249
Have sex
>>
>>121770090
But to answer your actual question I mostly skip over the more generic blues tracks and just listen to the acid rock ones. Once you do that the appeal of Cream is much more obvious desu but they ofc needed those tracks to market to boomers. Cream was there best playing Acid Rock.
>>
>>121770282
>"Implying that if yiu were actively having sex you would still be pretending to enjoy this crap"

I have a girlfriend. I'll listen to whatever the fuck I want to. I'm a grown man.
>>
Take your meds/dilate and fuck off
>>
>>121770310
Have sex
>>
File: 1707542698216.png (233 KB, 1034x1003)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
Ignore nicotranny posts. He's probably brown lmao. In the meantime, here's a tutorial on Doctor Dark from Decals I've used to learn the guitar part. https://youtu.be/nJVCMV0bfgM?si=AU4uxRAEeyOeZIFj
>>
File: beefheart-rain.png (2.48 MB, 1080x1536)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
>>121770310
Your """"gf"""" is a tranny LMAO.

Here's a REAL story about Beefheart dunking on trannies/drag queens

>..Concert at the Berkeley Community Theater, November 13, 1970 featuring Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band (who “Emerge from their Cave to Test the Air and Relieve Suffering”), and The Cockettes “Live in the World Premiere of Pearls Over Shanghai”.
>What would have been the premiere of The Cockettes’ most ambitious production to date was cancelled after Captain Beefheart met with members of the troupe, who performed a mock orgy for his benefit. The precise reasons why are unclear, but Beefheart got up and walked out, possibly after Daniel Ware extended a lewd invitation to him.
>The premiere took place instead on the streets of Chinatown, a free and spontaneous event that chimed more readily with Hibiscus’s hippie ethos.
>>
>>121770381
You have no friends and you don't give a fuck about music either least not he way I do. I've spent fucking hours listening to everything under the sun. You're not mad because I'm such a weirdo or a loser since you're prettymuch just describing yourself and then projecting that onto me based on your obvious insecurities and overall behavior,you just hate me because I knew who Claude Vivier was and you didn't or I knew about this band or that band and you didn't. You're insecure because this is the closest thing you will ever achieve to an even remotely meaningful form of masculinity. This is your sad castrated version of some kind of hazing ritual where you listen to le epic bad on purpose music. Fuck off. I know I said I like extreme metla before and I do but you know it's true. There's nothing really cathartic about Trout Mask Reolica either ie the part of metal or Classical or Martial Industrial or Hardcore or whatever the fucm that peoplr actually enjoy. It lacks consequence. It sort of lacks substance and direction too I think. It doesn't feel like a song by Beefheart really leads anywhere. I love The Blues and I fucking hate Jazz but hands down Christian Vander did similar shit way better just a little bit later on (really only a couple years but completely independently it seems like),so did CAN. Just very skiable stuff. Been done better since. As an early attempt at a couple things I guess it's neat but even then you had The VU and The Deviants and Soft Machine all around the same time as him. I don't really think it's stood the test of time verywell either. I get why you like it or pretend to like it. I'm not sure you know or understand yourself why you do though.
>>
File: 1693396614795.jpg (97 KB, 835x600)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>121770488
>‘However, the Cockettes were not everyone’s Freak Darlings. Some Freak Scene gossip circulates around an ill-fated encounter between Captain Beefheart and the Cockettes in which the two were supposed to co-headline a show at the Berkeley Community Theatre.
>Staging a mock orgy to welcome Beefheart proved to be a misguided idea, since the Captain promptly ditched the group at the either first sign of some steamy theatrics or Cockette Daniel Ware’s invitation to join. (see Pam Tent, Midnight at the Palace, 100). If this did in fact happen, it poses a far out conundrum: what happens when you out-freak the freak?’

Average Captain BASEDheart W
Trannies BTFO
>>
>>121770488
My girlfriend is in fact not a tranny. You're going to die alone and/or kill yourself sometime within the next several years.
>>121770438
You too probably.
>>121770422
And you don't even know where the clitoris is. All three of you can enjoy the larping though I'm sure you love that.
>>
>There was also some problem with the Dutch performances we had cancelled. There were some legal fees, etc. Because Krasnow was Jewish, Don decided to shave his mustache into a Hitler look for the occasion and brush his hair to one side to complete the illusion. It was quite funny actually.
>>
>>121770438
>"probably brown lmao. In the meantime, here's a tutorial on Doctor Dark from Decals I've used to learn the guitar part"

Come to think of it you'll probably die alone from suicide in your 30s too. Bitch all you want though.
>>
>>121770545
You don't know where the clitoris is located,so over "bro". Now shut the fuck up and go maaturbate to your shitty retarded banging noises lol.
>>
>Fired from dead end job
Lmao.
>You too probably.
Nope. Blonde, uncut, etc. Go beat up your gf you stinky pajeet
>>
>>121770438
He got fired from begging for BLM donations. He's nearly homeless
>>121770511
Have sex
>>
>>121770582
Delusional Comment. You probably smell like piss and shit. Enjoy Captain Screechtard though. Nobody in real life will ever believe you about this either btw.
>>
>>121770584
Bro you don't have sex,stop lying to yourself.

>"He's nearly homeless"

I'm actually not. It sucks but I'm probably gonna be able to keep the place. I'm guessing that would make you feel a lot better about never really having been employed at all and living in moms basement at 35 though wouldn't it?
>>
>Hates Beefheart
>Likes ELP and Magma circus music
Lmao. Those shit bands wouldn't be able to write something as groovy as Clear Spot in a thousand years.
>>
>>121770608
Please have sex
>>
>>121770584
Like literally nobody believes you fuck. This larp isn't effective or believable. You don't listen to Captain Tardrage because you've been having a lot of sex you listen to him because you need attention desperately and are trying to be as disruptive and annoying as humanly possible.
>>
Get a job and stop being brown you pajeet
>>
Like literally nobody believes y- ACK
>>
>>121770619
Have s[spoiler]elf awareness[/spoiler]
>>
>>121770613
You do not have sex. You have never had sex. That you would tell me to "have sex" in the context of my not liking Captain Chungus is laughable in of itself but I've interacted with you enough times to see how ridiculous you telling anybody to do that to begin with is. I refuse to believe you are sexually active. Unironically no you because I cannot picture this being realistic.
>>121770611
Honestly generous to ELP to put them as not being circus music. They run into some issues with pacing and presentation aswell. Kinda makes me wonder what the fuck you meant by Circus Music though.
>>
Nicotranny watches MLP lmaoo
>>
>>121770637
You do not have that. You have literally never had that. That is why we are having this conversation. You are so deeply unaware of yourself that you don't see how pretending to "like" Captain Shartcart already makes it obvious what your problems are. Follow your own advice on that one. You probably can't even stand in the checkout line.
>>
You have no job. You will be homeless, brown, and forgotten, while we will prosper and keep listening to Beefheart,playing music and having fun. Seethe
>>
>>121770654
You're just making shit up. Literally the type of retard (like you) who "listens" to Captain Beefheart (like you) is the target demographic for MLP or MLG too. It's weird overweight smelly guys with no friends in the tech field who want to tell the world how "quirky" they are superficially using flower shirts and fedora and whatnot. If anyone watches that shit it's probably you.
>>
>>121770686
I'm already not Brown. You believe that because you're a raging schizophrenic.

>"while we will prosper and keep listening to Beefheart,playing music and having fun."

You're already not doing any of these things lol. Captain Beefheart is literally only something you pretend t
>>
>get fired from washing dishes
>denied neetbux
>denied good genetics
I almost feel sorry for you. Beefheart hate is all you have.
>>
(Cont) pretend to like so you can tard seethe about how the heckin normies don't understand you and wah wah wah look how smart and misunderstood I am wahhh wagggg. You're not. You're a fucking retard. Just because it uses odd tike signatures or whatever doesn't actually make it good. Vander actually was able to write an actual song. Beefheart wasn't. Just random noise with no direction or intention. We both know you're not playing music and we both know you're not having fun lol. Call it a rest. If you had your dick sucked once in your entire fucking life you wouldn't be pretending to either. It's clearly a formnof maladaptive attention seeking.
>>
>>121770716
>Is mentally retarded
>Has literally mever been employed ever

Lolok,enjoy "having fun" recording your weirdo hyperpop bullshit or whatever. I'm gonna actually have fun playing fucking sickass Metal. I don't give a fuck. Enjoy convincing yourself that ig.
>>
>>121770716
We both know you've never played live. We both know you look like shit and probably melt into your chair. What the fuck are you even trying to say to me here? I garuntee I've got more work experience and a better history than you do.
>>
>>121770515
It literally does not matter. She is not trans. You are projecting because a woman would literally never talk to you. Beefheart probably died a virgin.
>>
Get a job you shitskin
>>
Everybody who exists in real life has been fired from a job before. You think it's some sort of great monumental sign of failure because you're completely dependant on the government or your family taking care of you. Shit happens. My other option was to leave and I wanted to keep her in my life. When you start having real world experiences (which tbf for some of you will never happen or that time for it to has already passed) you're going to quickly outgrow things like this. Like I love Extreme Metal and some Nu Metal and some Martial Industrial too but those are all about sick insturmentals. That sort of bullshit contrarianism obnoxious for the sake of it thing that doesn't really go anywhere you're gonna suddenly find really boring really fast. I did what I had to and shits been hard I won't deny that but it's just what it is.
>>
>>121770814
I am German and Irish. You are violently schizophrenic for thinking I'm lying to you and that I am secretly Indian living in India. Nobody cares enough to do this. I live in fucking New England. I talk proper because I live in New England.
>>
>german and Irish
You're a mutt. Post hand.
>>
>>121770814
Literally shows how mentally retarded you are but I'm sure you get that a lot. Have you tried getting a job yourself ever? Somehow can't really believe you work at all or ever have really. I'm down on my luck but you'll never see an upswing. Inb4 you try and pretend like you have sex again because le epic beefchad chungu ebic music you're le Chad I'm le incel. Nobody is ever going to fuck you. At least I've fucking been employed and I am telling you right now most people pretending to like this crap aren't.
>>
>>121770913
Can you admit to being intellectually disabled first? I think that would help the people who don't pretend to like Trout Mask understand what your thinking and feeling. We can't see "thrownland" or feel "ella gurus" judgement the way you can,"Timothy".
>>
File: bd3c7a15fa.jpg (219 KB, 974x1293)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
You're brown and unemployed. Get the fuck off my board
>>
im starting to think he does it for attention
>>
File: Tolkien.jpg (79 KB, 487x673)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>121770960
Attentionfags don't get to ruin threads I like.
>>
File: IMG_20240507_103608_005.jpg (351 KB, 1080x1920)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>121770956
You're a tard and probably need to be kept in a mental institution. Nobody takes you're skibbidi chungu big bazinga fungus random banging noises le heckin sad fish man crao seriously. It's pathetic and pedantic. You sound like a joke with your plastic praise of it.
>>
>>121770956
Also have sex,genuinely unironically it will cure this behavior out of you. That this is the closest thing you have to a community is really sad and explains a lot about why you're trying so hard to desperately convince yourself and others that you actually have this very specific extremely convoluted taste in everything. It's like a certain type of guy ig. Seriously pussy or maybe jail would be the only ways I could see you maturing.
>>
Maybe (You) should get a real job and maybe it will cure your fembrained spam behavior.
>>
>>121770960
>>121770974
Excuse me for pointing out the obvious I guess. You enjoy it because it's "humerous and deconstructionist" (like Rick and Morty,Robot Chicken,and Deadpool) right? That's so quirky and epic....
>>
>>121771007
Idk you seem pretty effeminate to me. I also don't believe that you're genuinely employed. Like I said I had to stop working because of my girlfriends mental health. It made it impossible for me to work. It sucks but it's the breaks.
>>
>>121770975
fat
>>
>>121771025
You're delusional. Hope you're not jacking off to this. You probably are though. All FAST AND BOULBUS right?
>>
>>121771023
>I got fired from end of the line jobs twice in a row because my tranny boyfriend calls me and screams at me for hours
>>
Why are there bots shitting up an otherwise classy Beefheart thread, pasting unreadable blog-post tier trash with mindless abandon thinking anyone is actually going to read their screeching, autistic shit.
Fuck off already!
Now back to this threads regularly scheduled Beefheart posting.
https://youtu.be/ucA3q5VCQW0?si=g2oHFHk-BLehWQgu
>>
>>121771039
You've never even had a job. I've been steadily employed my entire adult life up until now. Even worked through
>>
>>121771041
>newfag thinks he has a right to even be on this website
>>
>"I like starting shit on social media etc."

>attentionwhore
>leftist
>mutt
>tranny gf
>mlp lover
>shit music takes
>autist
>jobless
>alcoholic
Anything I've missed? Gtfo off my board you faggot. You're not welcome here. You're another spammer everyone will forget about in a couple of years. No one will remember nicotranny. Beefheart's music will persist.
>>
>>121771039
(Cont worked through coivd)

>"my tranny boyfriend calls"

This is literally a narrative you made up so that you don't kill yourself lmao. She's a woman. There's no trans anything.
>>
>>121771046
>fired from begging for money
>>
>>121771059
>(S)he's a woman (male)
>>
>>121771055
You literally listen to music made exclusively by and for retards. Also you're clearly coping and coping horribly which is why you're making half this shit up to begin with. You probably jack off to MLP regularly. Let's be honest you don't even know what a vagina looks like in real life. All sad larping thats completely transparent.
>>
>"music made exclusively by and for retards"
>he plays metal
PFFFFHAHAHA
>>
>>121771072
>You're a retard (mentally challenged)

No they have a vagina. They are a woman. You're angry about that because you realize that tard rage and spastic displays of how ""smart"" you are like pretending to enjoy the skibbidy bazinga Trout album won't work out for you. It's like just finally catching up with your brain I think. You talk and think like a fucking parrot tbqh.
>>
>>121771097
>"they"
Finally some honesty
>>
Legitimately pathetic. Go drink yourself to death you fucking loser.
>I know you'll all make fun of me for it or whatever but I'm pretty drunk. I like having a personality as a giasperglord and then saying weird shit on these websites to a degree. I like starting shit on social media etc. I do actually stand by my takes on music though. I don't think The Beatles were that good or that intresting. Music is something I care a lot about. I do really have a band and I do really have a girlfriend and I do really have autism. I did really try canvassing foe a while. I'm not lying about those things. I never worked for BLM though. It was NPR. Honestly I'm not sure what the fuck I was fighting for with NPR,I'm pretty leftist but I was just there because I desperately needed the money and honestly a lot of the rebuttals people gave about having state sanctioned media or whatever even if they were conservative really did make sense. Big Brother and all that shit and admit it or not that's kinda what an organization like BBC or NPR represents. I'm just drunk and broke though man. I think you guys talk eshit I say too seriously sometimes. If you enjoy The Beatles in the privacy of your own home more than you enjoy CAN or Jimi Hendrix or Nico that's fine. If you think Sgt.Pepper is better than Forever Changes or Days of Future Passed that's fine too. It's just what I personally enjoy. Like I said I like a lot of different music and I also play music and that's just my opinion. Beatles were a bit safe and a bit dry sometimes.
>>
>>121771088
The people who like Trout Mask Replica tend to be mentally challenged like you are. The people who like The Velvet Underground aren't. That would be a band that's actually cool to like. You think you are cool or sophisticate for pretending to like TMR or Swans or whatever because you don't even comprehend what that would be. I play shit like ulver prettymuch.
>>
>>121771106
Honesty would be when you start talking to us about how you're thinking about killing yourself or how you're a virgin despite being 35. Like you were saying earlier have sex,I know that was projection on your part to but it would help cure these behaviors unironically.
>>
>>121771088
Like literally the sort of idea that this makes you seem sophisticated is in your head,it marks you as a massive reject. >>121771108
>>
>>121771125
>"I'm pretty leftist"
>can't hold any job
>dating a brown tranny
>is a dumb faggot
pottery
>>
>>121771140
That's (Your) post. I don't listen to fucking Nico or support BLM. Nor do I fuck trannies.
>>
utterly embarrassing
>>
>>121771166
Let's hope nicofag finally has a heart attack from drinking booze or dies from AIDs, because he CAN'T go back from this.
>>
File: doc_at_the_radar_station.jpg (365 KB, 1200x1200)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
For me it's Doc At The Radar Station
>>
>>121771108
Bro you've never even been employed. Retard was just assmad because I didn't believe his stories about how much he tripped. I've 100% tripped more than that guy. I took the job I needed to at the time. Yeah she was freaking out but yk she just got diagnosed with Bipolar prettymuch. It's not her fault and I love her. Also I'm canvassing again I guess. For mushrooms not npr. This will be my second time canvassing for them. The irony isn't lost on me either.
>>
>>121771108
Also normal people drink ocassionally. I get you don't go outside at all but getting drunk on a Saturday night or whatever that's fucking nothing. Bro was bitching at me to prove how much heckin lsd (really shrooms for pussys desu) he'd done. I'm like I said German and Irish so I don't fuck around with that shit. You trip with me we're tripping to the fucking shadow realms. I'm gonna eat it all at once I don't give a fuck. LSD is fun too mind you.
>>
>shrooms
>fucks a bpd whore
>metalfag
Holy shit you are the most sorry ass spammer I've seen in like 3 years. Seriously just get the fuck out to the same shithole imbred went to
>>
>>121771179
>>121771166
Tard Rage Screeching which is more depressing on your own part? Yeah im really fucked. I got work tomorrow so I might miss out on some of your bitching. Hope that makes you feel better.
>>
>>121771179
>"finally has a heart attack from drinking booze or dies from AIDs"

Thank you Coldsteel. It's usually cocaine or meth or at least like xanax that you get a hard attack from. What you're thinking of is Liver Failure. Alcoholism gives you liver failure.
>>
>>121771242
>shrooms
>fucks a bpd whore
>metalfag

These three things are all based. I don't do shroooms anymore though it fucked my mental health. Smoking weed and drinking don't for reasons I don't really understand. I might do shrooms again at some point but it's not something I need right now.
>>
>>121771055
I'm adding
>druggie
and changing
>tranny gf
to
>bpd tranny gf
I can't believe you seriously brag about fucking a bpd axewound who's probably brown. You're absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>121771242
I'm on a strong break from shrooms. Also I grew up in suburban new england. Don't know why you assumed I grew up in a trailer. Nothing against him for that but his music is Cringe as fuck. His entire persona is Cringe.
>>
fast and bulbous
>>
>>121771286
You're throwing a fit of tard rage because the state didn't give you a gf lol. She's not trans. You need to believe she is so that you don't kill yourself though. Had to say something right? Go ahead and laugh that off. Sort of amazing you didn't kill yourself or go off and become a monk at this point.
>>
>fucking a bpd tranny
>based
Lmao. Good thing I'm actually attractive and women swoon over my hair and eye color, and I don't have to resort to your practices to get my dick wet. I guess the jazz/rock guitarist vs metal guitarist meme is true kek
>>
>>121771307
>"EPIC AND CHUNGUS"
>"FUNNY PENIS REFERENCE USING THE FUNNY QUIRKY WORDS"

Yeah,this is the part you actually enjoy lol. It's a bad comedy album.
>>
>>121758243
only care about safe as milk
>>
>>121771319
The tranny part is something you made up in a fit of retarded rage. I understand this is keeping you from like I said milling yourself but its also really sad for you. Either that or you're a genuine schizophrenic or something cannot tell. Do you believe trannies are spying on you too? Are they helping the aliens to poison your food?
>>
>>121771319
>"Lmao. Good thing I'm actually attractive and women swoon over my hair and eye color, and I don't have to resort to your practices to get my dick wet. I guess the jazz/rock guitarist vs metal guitarist meme is true kek"

This is like the most obvious example of you lying to yourself and publicly coping humanly imaginable.
>>
You're literally a druggie alcoholic with no job and a shitty (if real) gf. Gtfo of my board
>>
>>121771359
You've never had a job. Also I have a job again I guess although if I'm being honest this one will also probably be temporary just due to it being more canvassing. I was apparently supposed to start today but they didn't fucking tell me that and I need to like get a couple things before I start prettymuch. I assumed it would be a couple days. My girlfriend also wanted to tell you she's doing a Sims challenge. I'm not really sure why she wants to tell you this. She fucking loves the Sims though. She's like reenacting the middle ages in the Sims or something or lime the 18th century I think those might be different challenges idrk.
>>
>>121771359
>alcoholic
>got drunk once as of this record

You don't go outside or interact with people at all based on this alone. Normies drink all the time. Nobody considers getting drunk now and then alcoholism. It's only if you're like getting hammered every night. Nobody considers like a beer in the evening to be alcoholism either.
>>
File: 27286be0c.jpg (360 KB, 2364x2089)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
Get the fuck off my board you druggie white trash imbecile. Go put some needles in your arm or some shit.
>>
>*sniff*
You smell that? Nicotranny-free air. Rejuvenating.
>>
>>121771430
Bro you're literally mentally disabled. Stop talking. Your read of reality isn't as good or insightful as you seem to assume it is.
>>
>>121771479
Are you even capable of being witty or clever or do you just talk like a retard trying to ape things he saw on some shitty wojak cartoon page on youtube constantly?
>>
>>121771479
>>121771430
No wonder you find TMR and the random retarded peepee poopoo shit funny. Your hair looks like shit by the way. I'm guessing you don't actually bathe regularly from this photo. An attempt was made ig.
>>
>Does drugs and alcohol
>Calls me mentally disabled
Shrooms are literally a reddit drug. Fags like you legitimately think that eating mushrooms that grow in poo will make you see God or something LMAO. Just accept you got BTFO beyond repair. I know who you are now. Everyone does. No one will ever let it go. I won't give you any more attention though. I've proven my point. Here's to hoping you won't continue your sad existence for too long
>>
>>121771430
>"Go put some needles in your arm or some shit."

I'm guessing that's how you think alcoholism works right? Did the deep web teach you that?
>>
>>121771536
You very clearly are mentally disabled yeah. It's random banging noises with some other retarded guy screeching over it. Now I'd like you to compare your hygiene and what your fucking hair looks like to this image and then feel very ashamed of yourself and who you are as a person.
>>
>>121771536
>" LMAO. Just accept you got BTFO beyond repair. I know who you are now. Everyone does. No one will ever let it go. I won't give you any more attention though. I've proven my point. Here's to hoping you won't continue your sad existence for too long"

You literally talk like you're writting a fifth grade essay. I can tell it's hard for you to form these thoughts too. Also given that you've never been employed and also never had sex ever I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Inb4 your totally real real life real world friend group full of people who actually know what TMR is. That doesn't exist. You're more at risk for suicide if anything. Your social circle is clearly an imagined fantasy thing for you which happens in your 40s after you've finally mastered being a Sigma Male or whatever. No wonder you like Beefheart and Zappa a lot. Pointless masterbation and pathetic displays of anger.
>>
>>121771430
Your hair looks terrible. It's pretty clear that you don't really groom yourself.
>>
Kill yourself nicotranny
>>
these are the funniest threads on the entire board holy fuck my sides are in orbit every time thank you so much for providing endless entertainment nicotranny
>>
>>121770099
>the sad Trout man and his gunny scrimbo songs
Ahh, so you're just a confirmed hater and have been in other beefheart threads.
>>
ignore nicotranny. I just learned Moody Liz on guitar
https://youtu.be/CluZg8R_524?si=YVdBiyjrns6FbOkm
>>
>>121770649
i'm not that guy and don't really care about this argument, but please have sex
>>
i like Can and Beefheart, i'm pretty sure they have a big overlap of fans.
>>
dude really just ruins on topic threads for no reason
>>
>>121774819
he has no life. his gf is a bipolar indian bitch, he does all kinds of drugs and drinks booze, has no job and money. he's a genetic dead-end.
>>
>>121774935
You’re worse
>>
>>121774952
fair 'nuff
>>
>>121774952
both are pretty bad
>>
>>121774935
>he has no life. his gf is a bipolar indian bitch, he does all kinds of drugs and drinks booze, has no job and money. he's a genetic dead-end.

To be fair, that's me as well except no gf
>>
>>121775771
nta but at least you dont shit up threads with spam :/ remember that theres always someone whos much worse than you
>>
>>121774613
I'm the only person in this entire thread who has literally ever had sex. Listening to Beefheart does not make you seem cool or normal. It is ok to admit that you do not actually enjoy the sound of a retard banging random keys now.
>>
>>121774935
>"He's a genetic dead end"

You have no self awareness lol. I'm literally working tomorrow. You've never worked. You live on disability. You've never been laid. You're not having kids. I can infer these things easily. >>121775849
Lm
>>
>>121775849
>>121775771
Lmao,you probably shit yourself on public transport. I'm better than you completely. Stop coping so hard. If you were you wouldn't be pretending to love screechtard.
>>
>>121777251
How did blowing guys for pocket change go?
>>
>>121763526
More of these rare candid pics. This one is kinda nice.
>>
>>121777285
can't find the hq version
>>
File: Mark_Bill.jpg (262 KB, 1500x1000)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>121777285
Here's the bass player, Mark
>>
>>121777279
Bro you've literally never been employed. Thar will be you in ten years lol. No woman will ever have sex with you. Stop screeching and tarding at me and just admit this to at very least yourself.
>>
>>121777340
I assume this was in late '68 or sometime in '69 since he shaved his goatee and stache?
>>121777363
These color pics are surreal, though. Makes you appreciate how relative time can seem.
>>
>>121777380
Late '69 or early 1970, right after Trout Mask.
This pic is also from 1970-71, I think from the Spotlight Kid era. Wait.. is that fucking Todd Howard?
>>
>>121777367
Last week though
>>
>>121777456
Guy in the corner with the blue Jean jacket is way to normal to be in Captain Bazinga.
>>
>>121777456
>Late '69 or early 1970, right after Trout Mask.
How do you know exactly? Curious.
>>
>>121777470
This is the only one you've shown me which wasn't less than 40.
>>
>>121777490
You mean the one other one I showed you that was 35 hours, last Wednesday? The same week? You cannot be this stupid
>>
File: Art-and-Roy.jpg (198 KB, 704x718)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>121777486
Mostly from the drummer's autobiography. Also because of the lineup: Mark Boston, Bill Harkleroad, Roy Estrada, Art Tripp. That's the Spotlight Kid/ Clear spot lineup. I can send you a pdf file of John French's book through mega.nz or some shiz if you need.
>>
>>121777560
You showed me one or two before that that were also less than 40.
>"are you stupid?"

Yiu literally listen to a retard banging random notes. Just because he's banging them in an odd time signature or knows he's playing badly and is doing it on purpose doesn't make it good. If you're gonna insult my intelligence try listening to Classical or Soul Music.
>>
File: zoot5-207x336.jpg (15 KB, 207x336)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Here's Bill/Zoot horn rollo.
>>
>>121777627
Ok he looks like me ngl. Stronger chin and longer face but overall.
>>
File: img_3_1681026582672.jpg (359 KB, 898x1349)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
Found one more
>>
>>121777600
Yes people with the keys a kenworth truck famously work less than 40 hours a week, as everyone knows. Do you even have a driver's license? considering you whined about having to take the fucking bus before you got fired from begging for money
>>
>>121777578
That makes sense, ty Anon. Do you have any pics from the Strictly Personal era? Here's them performing in Italy in '68.
>>
>>121777675
>>
>>121777665
Ok,you've shown me several screens previously. I guess you really do think I'm retarded but I have enough short term memory to remember that.
>>
File: refusal.jpg (825 KB, 2592x2464)
825 KB
825 KB JPG
>>121777700
>>
>>121777700
I wish this pic existed in higher resolution. I believe they were in Belgium or Denmark, something like that.
>>
>>121777665
I'm sure it's a very nice truck sir. The last like 3 or 4 screenshots you sent me were for less than 40. You can convince everyone else in this thread,by all means go ahead. It's not like I have screens or anything.
>>
Jeff Cotton, post-Safe As Milk, pre-Decals guitarist
>>
>>121777665
>"considering you whined about having to take the fucking bus before you got fired from begging for money"

Was this before or after I got kidnapped by the trans Indian mafia? Think you're making up interactions again lol.
>>
>>
>>121777763
He would have loved anime osts. Exactly what I'd expect a member of the magical meme band to look like.
>>
File: magic band .jpg (964 KB, 1440x1080)
964 KB
964 KB JPG
>>
File: unnamed (3) (3).jpg (25 KB, 334x324)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>"I'm marrying the last virgin in America" -Don
>>
>>121777713
What do you think KW on the key in this image means? >>121777470 I'm guessing the answer is no, you do not even have a driver's license.
>>
>>121777831
What I would give to see/hear them recording the Strictly Personal stuff. Not just the demos from the Brown Wrapper sessions, but the versions that would go on the butchered Blue Thumb release.
>>
File: 303020wcjcic.jpg (1.51 MB, 2048x1435)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>
>>121777756
>I have so many screenshots I think its probably like one number or another number
I showed you that I had worked 35 hours last week on Wednesday and when you tried to gotcha (having been freshly fired from begging for money) I told that it was Wednesday and you are a retard. Is this what you do instead of getting a job? Screenshot 2,000 images of every other poster on this board calling you a faggot?
>>
File: drumbo.png (213 KB, 393x600)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>121777867
If that's what you think, wait till you hear about this:
>The Strictly Personal and Mirror Man albums reflect the very roots of where we took the music on stage. It became more and more spontaneous as we played. After six weeks on the road, I think we could have made a much more interesting record than either recording mentioned so far. We knew how to read Don better, and he was following some patterns that made him a bit more predictable to us. Unfortunately, Van Vliet didn’t enjoy practicing or performing with the band and seldom did we rehearse together. But for a short time, we were actually beginning to be like a real working band. This is what I had wanted to do in the beginning.
>>
File: Alex-and-Mark.jpg (178 KB, 708x716)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Alex Snouffer in 1972. He left right before TMR, joined back during Unconditionally Guaranteed, for only one album, as it was completely ruined by Don's bullshit and the production. He's the one playing the rhythm part on My-oh-My. They basically refused to pay the Magic Band members, resulting in them all leaving, and the Tragic Band era starting.
>>
Alex is honestly the unsung hero of the band. He literally started it. It was a blues band originally. He was a conservative player, and yet he and the rest of the band basically invented fucking shoegaze.
>>
I'm trying to remix Upon the My-oh-My. Accidentally fucked up the sax solo and turned it into earrape.. I'll try again later
https://vocaroo.com/19UV2ZTHv0wN
>>
>>121777857
I live in a major urban area or I guess right outside it. Nobody I know does either save for like maybe 2 or 3 people. It is also impossible to park in and around Boston. I'm like a white kid from the suburbs but like not that far out there. If you're on the Boston metro you're not saving money owning a car. It would both be way more expensive and not very practical. >>121777857
>>
>>121777857
When I was trying to learn welding I considered it because then I'd actually have to cary shit but if I end up doing more canvassing which seems like what's ultimately going to happen unless I'm making good money on it which desu I just want to get back to the kind of jobs I'm doing before it'd be a waste. I don't live in Wooster or Canton I'm prettymuch right outside Boston so it's like what the fuck am I going to use a pickup truck for? I get why you have one you probably need it and I have done a lot of manual labour jobs but they're all like lifting shit or medical or for fucking warehouses or whatever. They don't really need you to be able to drive to lift boxes or stamp down on something. Obviously I'm broke and I'm straight up admitting that. Having a car would fuck me. I can go out like 10 miles on the purple line in an hour or less if not further. Most of The immediate Boston Area is probably public commuters.
>>
>>121778359
My wife is from Grafton and she started getting her license when she was 15. You're just a loser and all of your friends are losers. Zoomers in general are complete faggots who are afraid of/too broke/too lazy to do anything. All of my in-laws live near Boston and they would all call you a supreme faggot.
>>
>>121777857
If I worked construction I would probably know more about trucks but it's not exactly a useful skill when traffic is universally always fucked and you can get anywhere you need to on public transit. Public transit is fucked too mind you but Boston Drivers are literally mental.
>>
>>121758243

Lick muh decals off baby
>>
>>121777970
>>121777867
So was beefheart that big of a character and musician that the band was able to put up with his BS?
>>
FACTORY NO PLACE FOR ME

BOSSMAN, LET ME BE
>>
>>121778561
Literally none of my friends have driving licenses prettymuch. A lot of New Yorkers probably can't drive either. I get why you think that. I'm not saying I hate the Midwest or anything. I've had supervisors who took public transit in aswell. The people who drive are mostly either suburban moms,drug dealers,or people you would probably think were a whole more like Bones or whatever than I am. A lot of the fucking Harvard Students don't drive either. They don't call it taxachusetts for nothing but a lot of that money goes back into shit like this.
>>
>>121778561
My Mom also didn't drive til she was like 45 or 50. I have literally never lived outside a major urban epicenter for long enough for it to ever occur to me. Maybe that's classiest I don't know but I don't think a car would help me thr way it dies you. I have no friends that own cars basically. Tons of people on the train all times of day though including people who make 30 tomes both our combined galleries or whatever for sure like The Buisness People and Harvard Atudents and shit. Like I'm trying to think of a more politically correct at the current time way of putting this but I simply don't live in The Pacific Northwest or South or Midwest. I do not know which pickup truck is the good one and which one is the cringe and gay one. That we never a useful skill.
>>
FAST AND BULBOUS
>>
>>121778561
I'm obviously super fucking high but you get what I'm talking about. Everything I could realistically need to get to prettymuch is accessible on public transit.
>>
>>121778753
BOCHI AND CHUNGUS
*Does an epic and quirky fortnite dance like a boss*
*random screeching noises*
>>
>>121778607
Essentially yes. He was a giant manipulator, but EVERY musician he's worked with genuinely liked the music enough to put up with him for a couple of years. It's like an addiction. I can play a handful of Beefheart tunes and they're all very stimulating and fun to play.
>>
>I missed the music horribly. I had played in a couple of cover groups and it was like a humiliating nightmare. The fact that I was traumatized by having experienced the Trout Mask year coupled with my lack of ability to cope with college life or find a decent job had taken me to a point of resignation - damned if I do, damned if I don’t. I had thought that there were opportunities awaiting me. I had found out that basically I was looked upon as a low-life drug-using hippie by the desert community.
>>
>>121778996
So he's like a less "problematic" but also less intresting Bob Markley or Christian Vander? Who was less creative and more visibly mentally unwell? Huh,sounds like he kinda got fucking mogged there desu. Lou Reed was right about him. Like I'm sure he hated British Prog too which I honestly like but there was no way Zappa could ever compete with those guys. They wrote actual songs. Zappa just wrote guitar demos.
>>
>>121778996
As dorky as RUSH were they like have some actual emotional/interpersonal insight in there lyrics. It's shit you can listen to and reflect on. Same with Magma as incremphensible and schizo methhead coded as it may be. That's like actually pretty emotive stuff. Zappa did NOT have that going for him.
>>
>>121778996
Also Giddy Lee feels like he was actually trying to create like art or whatever. It's music that's actually made to be listened to just as much as Pop or Punk or Classical. Zappa never had that. He did not care about pacing or tone. That's why Millenials and Zoomers are more likely to have heard CAN than Zappa too.
>>
>>121779028
Beefheart seems like a pos.
>>
>>121778623
I lived for 30 years in the NorthEast, I am from New York (not the city). My wife is, again, from Grafton. You're just a lazy broke faggot. I have driven all over the northeast. One time in like 2017 I drove from the top northernmost county of NY, to the assend of Brooklyn, and back the same night, and went to work the next day, to see a disco biscuits concert. I moved to the south/midwest during the pandemic because the state destroyed our business. It is uniquely a zoomer thing to be a complete fucking retarded useless faggot who doesn't even have a drivers license. You can't legally operate a fucking smart car. You should be dead purely out of shame itself.
>>121778721
You're mom sounds like a mentally ill retard who moved to this country 2 years before she could drive. Considering you're dating some indian girl and now you're enlightening us with the knowledge your mother didn't learn to drive until she was 50 years old it's pretty obvious you're an indian immigrant.
>>
>>121779322
You seem ti be Ina. Seething fit of retard rage but sure,whatever makes you feel better. I can see why you relate to Beefheart so much lol. You must be hell to work with.
>>
>>121779322
My Mom is pretty successful honestly. Lot of people that don't drive in mass though.

>"Not the city"

Right I figured that out already.
>>
>>121779351
You got fired from being a dishwasher and from begging people for money for NPR, why would anyone give a fuck what you think about anything? You are now openly coping about not even having a driver's license. You are a loser with a shitty brown BPD girlfriend and your life is only going to continue to get worse. Where do you think you go from getting fired from dishwashing and panhandling, because your girlfriend keeps calling you to scream at you on the phone for hours and you keep answering? What is the next step for you? BTW weed in Massachusetts is severely overpriced even on the black market, you're getting fucked every direction with no condom. You're probably still paying $180+ a zip (as if you could afford an ounce at a time lol)
>>
>>121779365
>My Mom is pretty successful honestly.
>didn't learn to drive until she was 50 years old
>America
no she's not you streetshitting retard
>Lot of people that don't drive in mass though
maybe the four 19 year olds you know
>>
>>121779420
You're like a fucking parrot. Just repeat the same shit over and over. I'm telling you if everywhere you needed to go was in walking distance you might not know hoe to drive or know but not own a car. It's common. I get that like where you are that's an important thing but Bosotn and the surrounding area is pretty easily walkable. I'm not talking about silent hill New England I'm talking about Boston. You can feasibly walk from Cambridge to Southie to Dorchester and back it's not that hard.
>>
>>121779420
I think you're lying about how much LSD you've done and LSD is kinda pussy ahit to begin with. It's ok now and then but it's nothing special. Got any more of those fruity femboy drinks to show me?
>>
>>121779420
>"What is the next step for you? BTW weed in Massachusetts is severely overpriced even on the black market,"

Uhhh yeah but way moreso at the dispensaries.

>"You're probably still paying $180+ a zip (as if you could afford an ounce at a time lol)"

I get a good amount for what I pay for. Usually like 7.5 or so for $40 bags. I'll give you that I buy in small quantities too. I've always done that I think. I'll admit it's partially cost but it also yk basically keeps me in check a bit. Limits how much I smoke. I would say at most I've probably put down is like $200.
>>
File: 1677974302347059.jpg (12 KB, 187x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>121758243
His original version of The Torture Never Stops is better than the all the other versions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uyRocIVoK0
>266 replies
Ahh, Nicotranny is still alive and well! I was afraid he perished among this sea of Drake/Kendrick manufactured beef
>>
>>121779509
I spend like $5-600 a month on beer lol. I'm not exactly proud of it and am definitely a drunk but you're so fixated on what a badass you are for how you totally drink liquor. Yeah if you keep drinking it either ends up like this or drinking Crystal Palace vodka by the handle twice a week, it's one of the two. I would advise you stop drinking now to avoid that. I spent 15 years going to hippie shows, yeah, I've done a lot of acid, I've grown mushrooms, I've done a lot of MDMA, I've smoked a decent amount of DMT. I'm older than you and not as much of a useless faggot as you and that's what I wanted to do. I know you will never accept this because you are a myopic faggot who thinks that "doing mushrooms for several months" is some achievement. I took LSD as often as I could get high on acid for like 3 years. I would go to a festival, take 3 hits of acid on saturday, and then take 7 hits of acid and 2 grams of mushrooms on sunday. I've owned 20lb tanks of nitrous. I've kholed my friends on accident. You're not some badass. Neither am I. It's just pathetic you think nobody but you has ever done a drug.
>>
Thanks for getting the Beefheart threads to front page lmao
>>
>>121779561
Based Zappachad. I like the "Can't do that on stage" albums alot.
https://youtu.be/Gh5gCb1th90?si=Be4wLfXM0GzjxnsP
This is probably my favorite Zappa/Vai piece, along with Montana.
>>
>>121779146
>>121779190
>lyrics
why does he always reply twice?
>>
>>121779420
Basically and this is just me being serious and completely honest with you:Yes BUT not to the degree I think you're thinking. I also do not buy drugs off of other white guys generally especially not if they're gay because of opioid and meth and shit. If you're buying drugs off of a gay white guy in New England they will be morelikely to include meth or fent or any of that shit. Do not buy drugs in Western Massachusetts too. If you're buying it off a white guy you want him to be Canadian or some shit probably or like Irish or Italian. I know some of you guys are racist but I would still say if you're in New England don't buy drugs off other white dudes especially gay ones. Do not accept anything from White Gay Men either especially ones from like out in the western part. The further away from the city you get.
>>121779595
My Girlfriend probably does too. I never really got that. Anyway if a gay white guy from western mass offers you drugs and you don't know what it is just assume it's crack or meth and don't take it. I am not joking about this either.
>>
>>121779595
>that nobody but you has never done a drug
>at festivals

Mushrooms are a really common drug around here. You have almost definetely tripped less than I have. Acid is weaker too.
>>
>>121779652
Sure but also musically it feels extremely hanky and inconsistent. This is coming from a metalhead too. I cannot imagine other people reacting better.
>>
>>121779652
*janky

Like say what you will about extreme metal or progressive rock but if I can enjoy both Gentle Giant and Agnostic Front but cannot enjoy Captian Beefheart it's probably because he wasn't that good. If I can enjoy like Avant Gaurde 1900s Classical Shit and various dadrock too especially. I like tons of music that is similar to Trout Mask Replica. It's not like I don't "understand" it. I just don't think it comes together well. I like The Velvet Underground,Red Crayola,CAN,Jimi Hendrix,The Moody Blues,and Ten Years After all of which could be argued to be similar to Beefheart in various ways. I don't like the direction he takes it in though. It's tacky.
>>
Lime I can enjoy Southern Rock and I like some vanadium gaurde classical music. I'm not really seeing what I'm not getting here. Just seems like an Illy thought out and Illy out together album. He could have actualized this a lot better.
>>
>>121779658
I'm not from massachusettes and my years of psychedelic abuse were like 2007-2021
>>121779670
>mushrooms are a really common drug around here
>boston
no they aren't I have literally grown mushrooms and eaten them freshly picked off of the cakes many times before the psilocin degrades to psilocybin
>Acid is weaker too.
Yeah I'm sure it is when you're doing one hit of shitty nBOMBS in the 2020s, I used to take 5-7 hits of real acid in the early 10s and it was only very very late like 2017 some actual one hit stuff came back around and I would still rather take like 3 or 5. I would bet $10,000 you have only ever done bitter spitters.
>>
>>121779806
Well that's news to me because I've done a lot of them. Like I said I had to quit because it was an issue. Make whatever smart comment you will but I was getting them pretty cheaply too. Skeptical.
>>
>>121779806
>"I used to take 5-7 hits of real acid in the early 10s and it was only very very late like 2017 some actual one hit stuff came back around and I"

It's definetely weaker lol. I've done both good acid and shit acid but I've generally done pretty fucking good mushrooms. Maybe thats because you can actually tell by looking at them to be fair. It's much easier to tell. I think the most tabs I ever did at once were maybe 12 or 13 or so.
>>
holy fucking shit take it to discord you autists
>>
>>121779877
I don't have Discord because I don't need to. That's why you pretend to like this crap lol. Way to bond with the other rejects.
>>
>>121779887
NIGGER YOU'VE MADE LIKE 2 HUNDRER POSTS SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
NIGGA I KNOW YOU'RE COOKING UP A DOZEN REPLIES TO THIS JUST FUCKING STOP NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR LIFE
>>
>>121779863
>I've done a lot of them
>I took mushrooms 5 times and it broke my brain and now I spend all of my free time on 4chan being a schizo retard
sure
>>121779839
Just grow fucking mushrooms. You can get like a half a pound of the best shit on earth and pick them wet off the cake for like $30
>>
TAKE IT TO DISCORD STOP FUCKING SPAMMING YOUR OFF TOPIC SHIT YOU NIGGERS
>>
>>121779952
I straight up don't believe about half the shit you say.
>>
>>121779952
>"sure"

You're coping so hard with the tard rage holy shit. Really delusional response. You got high a couple times at music festivals I get it.
>>
>>121779904
>>121779940
>>121779970
I mean you don't have a life so maybe learning a bit will help you.
>>
>>121758243
The only real Beefheart fans are in their 70s, that's why you almost never see them in the wild. Zoomers just see him as the le epic maymay fishman album guy. IMO Trout Mask is actually one of his more lacking records, and I think Zoomers would actually care about him if Decals or Doc got all the hype instead of the fish record.
>>
>"Bro just start a grow operation in your small apartment"

This is part of how I know you're retarded.
>>
YOU MADE MORE THAN A HUNDRED POSTS ON 4CHAN TODAY
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??
>>
>>121780032
YES! This. Almost no fans of the genre proper genuinely give a fuck about this album. It's the same type of retard that's obsessed with drawing himself as pepe or mlp charecters.
>>
>>121780033
You grow mushrooms in like a 2x4 plastic tote in your closet. How are you this fucking stupid?
>>
>>121771205
one of his masterpieces for sure, the mellotron just fits into his sound so well
>>
>>121780034
You're literally screaming like a fucking retard. I've got work tomorrow. I've got friends. You've got nothing.
>>
>>121780032
>everyone (except me of course) doesn't like this band
Listening to Clear Spot right now
>>
>>121779952
>"I took mushrooms 5 times"

Yes,I already said I can tell you're lying about how much you've done. Trying to turn it back around on me won't change this. You tripped a couple times at festivals. I was doing it every 3 days for months on end. I had done it plenty of times before that too.
>>
>>121780060
You don't have a new job nicotranny
>>
>>121780103
>t. has never even grown his own mushrooms
>>
>>121780106
It's more canvassing. It's probably not permanent desu but these guys pay good and I want future opertunities from them so I'm doing it. Probably about two to three weeks. This one isn't "begging for money" as much as asking for signatures. Job is probably a string word. Gig would be more accurate.
>>
>>121780118
Neither have you lol. Stop lying. I fucking garuntee I've tripped more times than you have.
>>121780120
I meant to say strong. Idk why spellchecker did they.
>>
>>121780106
I didn't say I had a job I said I had work. I get that's not a huge distinction but it's a gig. More canvassing. These people didn't fire me though they fucking love me. I get them those signatures. I wish I could just work for them but unfortunately I don't think that's how it works with this one although maybe I could ask. Probably should. They seem pretty fond of me.
>>
>>121780133
Oh is this your way of asking for advice because you're such a dumb fuck? Sure nicotranny. I'll help you out.
https://sporeworks.com/Psilocybin-Genera-Spore-Syringes/
Go here and buy some penis envies, and maybe some azurescens or burmas if you need variety but desu just go with the penis envies. Then look up how to do the PF TEK. Also get a dehydrator because if you don't fuck up you're going to have a boatload of boomers.
>>
>>121780106
It's a well paying gig too but I do want to make this clear for future reference. I did not say I had a new job already it's another campaign they need people to sign on. It pays well too it's not bad work but it's definetely not a "job". It's a gig. That's what I'd call it at least. Idk. I'm gonna still keep applying other places while I do it.
>>
>>121780167
I am not asking for advice. I do not believe you know what you're talking about. You've done Psychs a handful of times at festivals. I was doing it every three days. I had to stop for psychiatric reasons. The amount I have done and the amount you have done are truly non comparable.
>>
>>121780167
Penis Envies I've done before. That and the European ones with the red caps I think once. Not sure about Burmas probably not. Also why the fuck are you talking about this on 4Chan? You a cop or just genuinely retarded? You're prettymuch admitting on record that you grow.
>>
>>121780189
Why are you even bothering dude? You don't even believe the horseshit that you're saying. Is this just some persona you have decided you're committed to or what? I just gave you the tools to grow a pound of the most potent mushrooms you can get, that you can pick fresh right off the cake, and you're still pretending that as some 19 year old faggot who can't even drive you're such a badass. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>121780209
I haven't grown mushrooms in years and I was a microscope enthusiast back then. You're pretty much admitting you're a complete faggot (everyone knew this).
>>
>>121780250
You're lying about how much you've actually done yourself though lol.
>"You're a massive faggot"

Really convincing lol. You're very silly. Just a funny little guy right?
>>
>>121780235
I never claimed to be "such a badass",nice fit throwing though. Seems like you're freaking out a bit. Nice projection though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.