[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: main_81993-eddie.jpg (437 KB, 1000x1000)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
Am I out of touch with the times? My friends judged me for being excited about a concert I bought tickets for. Later, when they found out I'm a big fan of Iron Maiden, they gave me a hard time, calling it 'boomer music' and claiming there are much better modern bands.
One friend was particularly adamant, saying Maiden was okay in its time, maybe inspiring some people, but it should stay in the past because it's no longer relevant. I strongly disagree.
I get that people have different preferences and might prefer newer music over 'boomer music,' but saying no one should enjoy it because it's old and irrelevant just seems narrow-minded.
I don't know, seeing everyone side with him, am I the one who's out of touch?
>>
I think you should shoot up you office or whatever place your friends are from while blasting iron maiden in a boombox.
>>
>>122525068
>One friend was particularly adamant, saying Maiden was okay in its time
honestly op you have shit friends that what to be assholes because they dont share your taste in music literal nigger behaviour get new friends
>>
>>122525068
You’re out of touch yes
I’m out of time
>>
>>122525068
Iron Maiden is definitely one of these bands zoomers don't care about yes
>>
>>122525068
Kids know fuck all about music so don't take them seriously.
>>
>>122525198
>>122525287
Unfortunately, it's a friend group that becomes judgmental without provocation. Sometimes they pass it off as banter, but this time they were very serious, especially that one friend who said he doesn't believe anyone could seriously like Iron Maiden in 2024 when there are so many better bands. I've never joked about his genuine obsession with Placebo and U2 because I don't mind what others like. However, he started mocking me when I shared my excitement about going to a Bruce Dickinson concert. I just wanted to share my excitement with my friends. To be honest, after that incident, I feel apathetic towards these friends in general, especially towards him

>>122525332
But I'm out of my head
When you're not around
>>122525418
That's the funniest part most of those friends are a bit older, so I can't blame their zoomerism for takes like this.
>>
>>122525068
Your friends are dicks.
>claiming there are much better modern bands.
The only band that comes close is Unleash the Archers.
>>
>>122525472
They are too old to behave like that...
>>122525569
Thank you, anon, I'll check them out! It also reminded me of that one friend who said he hated screaming-type music (meaning most classic heavy metal bands) and believed shouting-type music is superior
>>
>>122525644
They haven't grown up yet. Hence, they're still kids.
>>
>>122525569
kamelot and avantasia are pretty kino

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.