[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: load.jpg (40 KB, 300x300)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>That time Metallica combined alt-rock, country, blues and grunge into one album

Honestly Metallica should've kept experimenting like this instead of going back to thrash metal. More than half the songs on Load were decent
>>
If they made one 60 minute album with only the best tracks from Load & Reload, and they had better album artwork, it would have been a classic. Those albums are better than everything that came after.
>>
>>122552441
>12 years old
>just getting heavily into music
>jump on my bike and haul ass to the store to buy the new Metallica cd
>go to a nearby friends house to listen immediately
>ain’t my bitch comes on
>ain’t my bitch-cha
>laugh so hard I never take them seriously again
>>
>>122552441
I always wondered if a different band had written these songs, do you think people would have cared more or less
>>
>>122552441
Yeah I would've been fine with them going that direction if the songs were good. Most of Reload and half of Load are worthless.
>>
>>122552628
Based. This was my reaction to Linkin Park as a kid and caused me to only like black metal in high-school because I assumed all nu metal was just like that.
>>
>>122552441
I've yet to even hear it. I can't even remember the singles.
>>
>>122552441
Wasting My Hate is their best song post-80s
>>
They couldn't top the Black album
they were just dicking around after that
>>
>>122553394
Yeah same my beef with this album is nothing to do with genre or aestetics. The black album is great, but Load is a load of shit. Imo Until it Sleeps is the only good track.
>>
>>122552628
>>122553473
You're a fucking retard
>>
>Oh Poor Twisted Sneeeeeeeeed
>I Feed and Seed and Seeeeeethe
>>
Like that album a lot. Yes I think they suffered from lack of quality control to think they should just release every single weird idea they had, but they were at the top of the mountain and could afford to fuck around. Album still sold millions. Until it Sleeps charted even higher than Enter Sandman. They were in their 30s at this point - going back to angry thrash shit that was totally out of fashion by then would have fallen way flatter, just to keep some metal bros happy.
>>
their cover of tuesday's gone is god tier idgaf what anyone says
>>
also
>that king nothing riff
>>
>>122552441
Only people who don't like this album are trash metal purists
>>
>>122552441
too much filler. reload is much better and musically varied.
>>
>>122554888
yup. unironically how i got into skynyrd. they actually do really good covers. except for their mercyful fate medley, i really don't like that for some reason. maybe if they covered them in the 80s it would have sounded better.
>>
>>122552602
Basically this. If it were one album, history would look differently upon it.
>>
>>122553766
They could’ve gone back to straight up thrash while still keeping the massive fame and fortune the Black Album gave them. Imagine that. Put out RTL pt. 2 in 96’, or some shit like that. Would’ve been epic.
>>
>>122552441
The 90’s, in general, were gay as fuck for every thrash band outside of Pantera dominating the scene. The Big 4 put out some of the gayest shit imaginable and lower B and C tier thrash bands literally died.
>I lived through it
>it was gay as fuck
>>
I would unironically put the title track from st anger in my top 10 Metallica songs
>>
>>122552441
Bleeding Me is top 5 Metallica track
>>
I would rock out so hard to this album with my alcoholic father. Album goes hard, and has some of James best lyrics
>>122557590
this
>>
Blackened
And Justice For All...
Disposable Heroes
The Four Horseman
Ride the Lightning

>>122557590
It's good but not better than the 5 above IMO
>>
>>122552602
>>122555235
This is such a "normie that thinks he's not a normie" take, on par with "ACKSHUALLY DIO IS A BETTER SINGER BUT THE OZZY STUFF IS BETTER". Combining the two albums salvages some of the good songs on Reload but hurts Load because Load is still a good album on its own but Reload is front-loaded and has a lot of unnecessary song. If anything Reload should've been an EP with just the first 4 tracks and Low Man's Lyric.
>>
>>122557790
>AJFA
>top 5 Metallica track
Kek.
>>
AINT MY BITCHA!
>>
>>122558015
Holy fucking based
>>
>>122558027
It's easily one of their best songs. Explain yourself or post your top 5 if you're gonna make such a ridiculous comment
>>
>>122558140
It's meandering as fuck. Are you a Tool fan by any chance?
>>
>>122557590
OOOO YEAHHH
OOOOOOOO I CAN'T TAKEIT
I CAAAYYYNT TAAAKE IT
I CAAAYYYNNT TAAAAAKEEEE IIIITTT
OOOOOHH NOOOOO
>>
File: 1719643607827.jpg (142 KB, 981x987)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
King Nothing is kino
>>
>>122558270
Objectively better than Enter Sandman
>>
>>122558187
I get what you're saying, that main riff does repeat a lot. It's Metallica at arguably their most progressive. I love the intro guitar and when they reprise that riff in the middle. Yeah I like Tool quite a bit so good read
>>
>>122558330
I’m also an AJFA and Took enjoyer, other anon is just a tastelet bro
>>
>>122558330
>>122558342
>write directionless songs
>"DOOD IT'S PROG LMAO"
>>
>>122553473
Nico Sperg is into black metal? A shocking development
>>
>>122558389
How would you define them as directionless? I’m curious
>>
>>122554888
It had Jerry, Les and Pepper on the track too. I love that shit
>>
>>122552628
I had the same reaction when I heard Pantera's Walk. I wrote them off instantly.
>>
>>122558187
I'd say not even Tool would write something as meandering but then I remembered Third Eye and the entirety of Fear Inoculum existed.
>>
>>122558442
I have no idea why this is even up for debate. Cliff died and the song structures got so retarded that they had to change their overall sound. I think it was Kirk that literally said they didn't want to play "that shit again" and they in fact did go like 20 years without playing it. Plus we all know that on AJFA they were all just trying to be as loud as possible and that's why the album sounds the way it does. The reason I brought up Tool is because AJFA and Tool have the same songwriting approach at what ends up being misconstrued as "prog" because of how much they drag shit out.
>>
>>122558683
The reason why they didn’t play AJFA songs for that long is because Lars is a pussy who doesn’t like to practice and the long songs exhausted him, and Kirk went along with it because he has no real say as James and Lars’s whipping boy. Certain songs they played live in the 90s also had sections cut when they performed them and a good amount of them weren’t even AJFA songs. They changed their sound for a good number of reasons, not just because of AJFA being a drag to play. They also wanted to appeal to more audiences/“commercialize”, and also wanted to experiment with other sounds. First two attempts being good, the last two attempts being shit.
Cliff dying being a loss to their range and dynamic is inarguable, but it’s not like they all of the sudden forgot how to write songs. AJFA’s only flaw is Lars’s ego on the production. I’ll gladly die alone on this hill
>>
Why didn't they just let James do a solo country album?
>>
>>122558799
Apparently on mu in 2024, Load is a better album than AJFA
>>
File: 1713211732147925.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>listening to an album with cum on it
>>
>>122558683
why don't they just, like, truncate their songs? a lot of them sound good when cut down to 4 minutes
>>
>>122559718
buffalo cum
>>
>>122558015
Holy fucking cringe
>>
James actually hates the alt part of the album, the others hated the country part

It led to a massive half assing
>>
>>122552441
load is like the antithesis of alt rock lol
>>
>>122561106
What song would you take out from Load to put in Fuel, and where would you place it in the album?
>>
>>122552628
This is so bizarre, i was totally sucked by the retard lame pop Metallica songs when i was a little kid and didn't know good music yet, maybe it helps it was not my first language and i didn't speak engllish at the time, but i think those albums have some good songs here and there, not for me, but i can see why some kiddos are into it, but its stupid once i got more seriously into metal, i hate those albums, today i listen to all kinds of good music.
>>
>>122552441
such an edgy album cover
>>
>>122562732
I can already tell that your taste in music is objectively shit
>>
>>122562215
I'd only keep Bleeding Me, King Nothing, Wasting My Hate, Ronnie, Outlaw Torn. The rest are out, especially all those shitty as hell singles. So basically
>King Nothing
>Bleeding Me
>Wasting My Hate
>Ronnie
>Outlaw Torn
>Fuel
>The Memory Remains
>The Unforgiven II
>Carpe Diem Baby
>Prince Charming
>Low Man's Lyric
>Attitude
>Fixxxer
>>
>>122562949
>takes out Until It Sleeps
>keeps Fixxxer
I sincerely wish death on you
>>
>>122563321
Not a pop singles guy, sorry.
>>
>>122563336
>not a pop singles guy
>keeps the song with fucking Marianne Faithfull in it
either get a lobotomy or I’m sorry about the lobotomy
>>
>>122559684
Either Load or DM (the iTunes mix, anyway) are Met’s most underrated album, but neither of them can carry AJFA’s jockstrap
>>
>>122558015
Load is worse than Reload and is mostly filler. At least Reload has a strong start. The only songs worth keeping from Load are Outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me, Until It Sleeps and maybe King Nothing. Combine those with the first 4 tracks on Reload and you have a good album. You don't need two 80 minute albums with cum on the cover.
>>
>>122564587
This but the opposite
>>
>>122562949
Devil's Dance belongs on there. Fixxxer is a decent song, but it serves the same purpose as Outlaw Torn and it's not as good.
>>
>>122554888
Turn the Page is their best cover imo.
>>
>>122558799
Long songs like Justice are exhausting for the entire band and the audience. They were watching people yawn while they played Justice. It's a fucking boring song that repeats itself too much, bro. It's that simple. Metallica would never call their own work shit, but read between the lines.
>>
>>122564735
The song itself is long sure (which I don’t mind), I was talking moreso the album itself. Crowd at Seattle 89 went crazy for the song though
>>
>>122564792

You have to remember that is an edited show pulled from the best of two nights of footage. It's an exaggeration. They were great then and the crowds were digging it but if they felt that the reception of the long songs over the whole tour was meh in general, then it was meh.
>>
>>122558015
>This is such a "normie that thinks he's not a normie" take, on par with "ACKSHUALLY
do you talk like this in real life? you must be a chore to be around.
>>
>>122564895
You sound mad as fuck. Are you this easily triggered in real life? Your family must hate you
>>
>>122552602
fpbp
the truth is simple
>>
>>122566125
Samefag
>>
>>122553310
If they didnt have Hets voice then no. His voice carries everything (including lulu lmao)
>>
File: pepe mic.jpg (30 KB, 810x362)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
WHERE'S YOUR CROWN KING NOTHAAAAN
>>
>>122552441
im up for the 30th anniversary special edition of that album
>>
Semen and blood mixed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.