[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What music does she listens to?
>>
Mitski
>>
Giraffes? Giraffes!
>>
>>122555829
husic
>>
this show is overrated as fuck
>>
>>122555829
The Naked and Famous
>>
>>122556277
Nah
>>
>>122556277
i gave up after season 3. not that funny and not that "depressing". good voice acting but animation is awful
>>
>>122555829
Normal words but a horse guy
>>
>>122555829
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZXWdKSQNM
>>
>>122556277
Truth. The stereotype of the washed up actor isn't actually very interesting at the end of the day.
>>
>>122555829
Death Grips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wofmcUgforU
>>
>>122556865
i gave up after 3 episodes
>>
>>122556277
I stopped when he fucked the underage deer girl. It seemed really predictable that he would engage in some self destructive behaviour so the series could continue. Its like a self loathing version of a 'would they wouldn't they' sitcom where everything returns to the status quo

>>122555829
It's probably indie folky stuff with female singers or whatever is popular on Pitchfork. I knew a girl like this and she liked The XX
>>
>>122555829
none because she isnt real
stop trying to flesh out your objects
>>
>>122557642
Ahh the great filter

AVClub updated their review system because of those episodes
>>
>>122555829
Fiona Apple
>>
Safe edgy stuff like Death Grips and Colby McGillicuddy.
>>
>>122557642
smarter man than I
>>
>>122559226
>It seemed really predictable that he would engage in some self destructive behaviour so the series could continue
yeah that's the show in a nutshell, it's very monotone and very simplistic
>>122560092
I agree S2 > S1 but it's still not that good
>>
>>122555829
Soundtrack to Garden State
>>
File: This Is It.jpg (141 KB, 1093x1381)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>122556277
Agreed. I watched the whole thing. No idea why I didn't stop after season one since it goes from "le funny talking animal show" in the first season to being all about addiction, depression and death by the time the show ends. That episode where Bojack almost drowns in the pool and its all about death was horrible too. Thanks Jews.
>>
>>122555829
>I'M SO LE DEPRESSED
reddit show
>>
>>122556277
Pretty much. It's so fucking pretentious it's actually embarassing. Not as bad as The Boys, but basically suffers from the same issues, the writers cannot into fucking subtelty at all.
>>
>>122556277
I don't like using this term but it really is the epitome of midwittery desu. It doesn't make the kind of profound statements/ask lucid questions about human nature or the media circus or modern alienation that it thinks it does. All it does is make me think of reading a book instead. That wouldn't happen if it focused on being funny, which it still occasionally is. You shouldn't like this show too much past a certain age.
>>
>>122555829
Radiohead
>>
Loveless, Radiohead, ITAOTS, Charli XCX
>>
>>122555829
any shit she finds on pitchfork
>>
File: 1719709183866.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>122555829
They never recovered from this
>>
>>122555829
https://youtu.be/KLVJDbpZBRA
>>
Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe
>>
>>122567639
loveless isn't a band, what a cringey mistake
>>
>>122555829
Sound of bbc balls clapping against her cheeks
>>
>>122555852
Great band
>>
>>122568966
Yeah, I pretty much stopped hearing about the show after this.
>>
>>122565029
>>122567585
All it made me think of was how funny it is that she's written as a relatable feminist character.
She got:
>married to a rich famous guy,
>a nepo job,
>an abortion,
>depression,
> a divorce,

And she only gets better as a person by:

>Going back to where she came from,
>Taking her meds,
>Getting a husband,
>Raising a child
What did Bojack writers mean by this?

She listens to whatever crappy indi-rock band that her bf at the time likes. Otherwise she probably wouldn't let you listen to music. Saying it makes her anxious in the car, or start up a serious conversation every time you have headphones on. She listens to annoying true crime podcasts on Spotify.
>>
>>122555829
wilco because she's a dumb cunt
>>
Damn, lots of hate for this show. I really enjoyed it, personally. Can see how it may be seen as pretentious or predictable though.

I think Dianne would probably listen to a range of Pitchfork-core, and a decent amount of pop/hip-hop with somewhat of a poptimist's lens, and for good measure, maybe some synth/prog recommendations from Todd that she didn't expect she'd like? But her favorites would probably be female indie solo acts she relates to, and perhaps older/rugged male solo acts she's attracted to. By series' end, I could see her shifting her tastes a bit, with perhaps more R&B, adult contemporary, jazz, classic rock?

I'm glad that the show started just prior to the polarization spiral that seemed to kick into overdrive in 2014/2015. I feel like her specific character and arc (the show altogether, perhaps) would not have been possible had it been made a decade later. She's a great depiction of a likeable, well-meaning progressive (in some episode, she describes herself as a third-wave feminist, itself a term that seems passe post-intersectionality, post-trans) during a particular period in time. While I question her weight gain, as an earlier commenter alluded to, by the end of the show she is maturing and finally beginning to heal from her young adult hangups and depression, in a way that is written as not-very-feminist (an unexpected but natural turn for her character, and in my mind, kind of surprising that the presumably progressive showrunners would go there). This is made pretty clear in her ending her friendship with BoJack, leaving Los Angeles altogether to be with her new husband and stepson, and letting go of the activist's burden for her own mental health, finding peace and new inspiration for writing in uplifting and empowering children.

Really good character.
>>
she listens to fuck her right in the pussy!
>>
>>122564673
lmao filtered
>>
>>122571862
>Otherwise she probably wouldn't let you listen to music. Saying it makes her anxious in the car, or start up a serious conversation every time you have headphones on. She listens to annoying true crime podcasts on Spotify.
Kek that's the kind of razor sharp accuracy that could only come from first-hand experience. Lord spare us from this fate.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.