[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Matador Records forced them to remove Negro Observer from the reissue
lol
lmao even
>>
Will Goner/Crypt do the same if Soul Food were to be reissued?
https://youtu.be/YULfLy5G1ec
>>
>>122557409
Makes me glad I have the original Touch and Go issue.
>>
>>122557409
DAS RITE
>>
so stupid, that's the best song on the album
>>
>>122557409
good call I almost bought it
>>
>>122557409
that's completely retarded, why even bother re-releasing something if you're going to mutilate it like that?
>>
a larvee is also black .
>>
>>122557409
I’m just wondering what’s the logic. BHS is just all about weirdness, I’ve listened to that song hundreds of times and never got racist vibes from it, or the band. Do people at matador really think just because it has the word negro in it people are automatically just become racist by reading it or hearing it in a song? It’s such strange puritanical behavior
>>
Le Jon was Born in Dead Rising
Grass Rising is out now
>>
That's a damn shame. Also I always preferred the demo version to the studio. Fun little riff to play.
https://youtu.be/UDZvH5q6QAs?si=TJdg6uSKsbbsSDjP
>>
>>122557409
It's to protect the millions of African-American Butthole Surfers fans
>>
File: 1637026112914.jpg (34 KB, 600x537)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
gaaaaaay

one of my favorite songs of theirs as well
>>
>>122557409
Matador has been a cancer on music for a long time. If overrated bullshit came out in the 90s you knew it was on Matador. Even the good bands they had like Superchunk and Unsane didn't release anything good until after they left Matador. It was uncanny.
>>
>>122564151
the band is also guilty
>>
>>122562043
Even if it were 'racist,' it would still be artistic expression. People don't fly into a moral panic when the Cannibal Corpse singer pretends to be a psychopathic murderer in his lyrics, which is obviously a lot worse than portraying a racist.

I think Gen-X'ers and Millennials are just kind of stupid. I don't see younger Zoomers doing this shit.
>>
>>122566924
>which is obviously a lot worse than portraying a racist.
Is it?
>>
>>122566947
Would you rather be skinned alive, raped, and then burned, or would you rather have someone be 'racist' toward you?
>>
>>122566947
you've been brainwashed
>>
>>122567002
congratulations on being retarded
>>
its ironic the song describes wealthy ignorant gangster rap blaring negro types looking down on regular ass people like the butthole surfers at the time cus they didnt have the freshest kicks or whatever or a fancy low rider car . it ain't racist but the people it's about certainly are
>>
they took it off of spotify too
>>
File: Butthole Surfers.png (700 KB, 665x995)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
>>122557409
Thankfully, I bought an overpriced copy of the older Latino Buggerveil reissue about 6 months before the Matador release.
It broke the bank at the time, but now (for obvious reasons) I no longer have the slightest regret.
Of all the bands, Butthole Surfers are exactly the last group I could ever have imagined would cuck to woke political correctness.
A shame, really.
https://youtu.be/qE6PlSyQ5ag?si=3FPR0HZtHQhkRYIL
>>
nothing that exists in reality should be off limits from an artistic standpoint and i don't need virtue signaling record companies telling me what i can and cant listen to.
>>
That's how six million jews died. Do. Better.
>>
>>122564151
>Matador has been a cancer on music for a long time.
Elaborate?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.