[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I don't think they're filling these arenas. Nobody gives a shit about Incubus.
>>
>>122560816
Bro what’d you say about incubus?
>>
>>122560816
Rock will always be beloved. Deal with it.
>>
>>122560816
>Nobody gives a shit about Incubus.
they've been getting daily radio play for 25 years
>>
>>122560816
Easy to go look up the tickets for the shows. Looks like lots of seats taken, bozo.
>>
>>122560816
I wouldn't be surprised if they have their fans. I've seen S.C.I.E.N.C.E. (i think its called that, moustache guy album cover) posted here several times. I was walking between stages at a festival and passed by one Incubus was playing at. Knew nothing about them but they were impressively good.
>>
>>122560816
This actually sounds cool, Morning View is probably their best album.
>>
>>122564422
Seconded. Morning View is great.
>>
>>122560816

sources of data on this include seatgeek and ticketmaster

tomorrow in Bangor Maine - folk singer songwriter legend James Taylor is playing at Maine Savings Ampitheater.

You can go to the Ticketmaster site for the venue and buy the lawn seats in the back for $60.

or, you could go to seatgeek, and get the same lawn seats for $2.

about Incubus, they're not the top and not the bottom. seatgeek will give you a list of everything playing at the venue.

I'll do a random check at pollstar.

Incubus playing TD Garden in Boston. Formerly Boston Garden. Big venue, Celtics and Bruins play there.

cheapest seats on ticketmaster - $39.50

cheapest seats on seatgeek - $44

that says to me that sales are normal.

here's some more random data points. Hersheypark Stadium, Hershey, PA (near Harrisburg, PA, maybe an hour and a half from Philly). seatgeek lowest prices

July 4 - Justin Timberlake - $9
July 6 - Janet Jackson - $14

those are both very bad.
>>
>>122560816
I always had the impression that Incubus has a lot of female fans when compared to other rockers. So they have fans who actually spend money
>>
>>122565039

female fans DO NOT spend money. also, female fans tend to forget entirely what they knew a year ago. (not as much in the case of rock).

females just don't care as much about music and don't spend as much money on music.
>>
>>122565100
The singer was a heartthrob in his day. Women don't forget the men that made their ginies tickle.
>>
>>122565100
how do you explain Taylor Swift and everything else on the top charts that makes money?
>>
>>122563696
Yeah like 2 songs
>>
>>122564944
$2 tickets? wtf?
>>
>>122560816
I'm going to the Dallas show.
>>
>>122565100
women are an absolutely massive untapped market. it's why there's been so much effort in the past 2 decades to cater to them. they will spend more often and bigger than men in many instances and will ask fewer questions.

you don't know shit about the world you retard incel
>>
>>122565964
What are you talking about? Women have always been the biggest market for pop music for as long as there's been pop music.
>>
>>122560816
>we have foo fighters at home
>>
>>122560816

every semi-popular band from the 90s or 00s packs out the place. it’s new bands that have difficulty selling out.
>>
>>122565964

My knowledge of music absolutely smashes yours.

I do websites for teens. Those teens become rock stars.

I am right and you are wrong.

It is true that the MSM is catering to women, and losing money in the process.

>and will ask fewer questions.

ok, good point there. women are stupid.
>>
>>122565100
>females just don't care as much about music
kek, have you heard about The Beatles or Elvis Presley?
>>
>>122566016

You are talking about listening to top 40 pop radio.

Yes, little girls love top 40 pop radio. The Supremes, The Osmonds, 50 years more of that.

But men spend money on live bands. Which is where the money is.

Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson are playing Hersheypark Stadium - tickets are available on seatgeek for 10 for Timberlake, 15 for Jackson. Really unimpressive. That's women's music.

Same place - Foo Fighters for $122. Men's music.

Oh, the MSM is complete trash, and selling garbage and making less money is preferable to them than selling superior rock and making more money.
>>
>>122567512

little girls can get all worked up. The have a single thing they like. They don't like "music" they like the thing that they like, which so often coincides with what the MSM is constantly hammering into their heads.

You had to go back 60=70 years, to rock bands.

Women just don't care about music as much as men do. They Support The Current Thing though, they're much more likely to be NPCs.
>>
>>122565184

Most Maine Savings Ampitheatre shows have Seatgeek tix at $20 or lower.

The James Taylor lawn seats tomorrow are up to $3 from $2.

Here are some other seat geek prices from that venue.

tonight Laney Wilson - $14 (down from 20 earlier today - kinda cold and rainy)

James Taylor tomorrow - $3

Jason Mraz - $7
Slightly Stoopid, Dirty Heads - $8
Whiskey Myers - $9
>>
>>122565159

Well, Men like thousands, 10s of thousands of bands.

Women don't know or care about music. They do know and care about what their friends think. So, they love what is currently being advertised and they will comply with the thinking of their friend group.

Taylor Swift is very popular. All the money goes directly to Taylor Swift from females 12-35. But women just don't spend that money the way men do. Men care, women don't. But shit MSM is trying to sell only to women.
>>
>>122565152

That's why Bobby Sherman rocketed to Stadium sized super stardom and never came down.

If we're talking about Incubus specifically, or little girls ginies tickling, The ginies ticklers are not going to pay for Bobby Sherman.

Incubus is a rock band. And people are showing up, and paying, men and women, because they're a rock band. They're not the most famous rock band right now, but TD Garden is a big venue and they seem to be doing as expected there. Men go see rock bands. Maybe late teen, early 20s girls liked Brandon Boyd in 1999 or so, I would think you'd see some couples at an Incubus show, and not packs of roasties.
>>
>>122567656

update on Lainey Wilson tickets

$14 before the show
$6 at 824p
off seatgeek at 850 (7pm start)

general rule based on one data point - the price of tickets will be cut in half from show start to 1:30 after, and 15 minutes until they become unavailable

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.