[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1284.jpg (149 KB, 300x300)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>If we make all our songs ten minutes long they'll be automatically good
What were they thinking?
>>
They were thinking about filtering out faggots. And they did a pretty good job.
>>
>>122561254
It's like they gave up on writing catchy songs, now all they do is long drawned out epic songs. I mean love Ancient Mariner, Sign O' The Cross and a whole lot more, but it's like thats all they do now and its pretty boring.
>>122561540
Too easy kid, but maybe you actually like slow boring stuff
>>
>>122561254
Yeah, Harris needs an actual producer. Martin Birch was a huge part of what made early Maiden amazing by whipping Steve when he got too far up his own ass. That current guy sucks at both sound quality and wrangling Harris' creativity.

On one side its just tiresome to go through the last 3-4 albums, on the other, kudos to them for always just doing what they want and not sticking to the trends. Even if what they want is a 10 minute songs with about 3 minute of the entire thing being good.

That formula of intro-verse-build up-culmination-outro has been used so god damn much. I wish Adrian would write more short rockers
>>
>>122562364
>its just tiresome to go through the last 3-4 albums
Yes, I can’t listen to any of them anymore, especially MoLD, it’s so forgettable. FF is so dour and melancholic it’s not even fun. Their last good album was BNW. If they want to keep doing longer songs, good on them, but they have to break it up a little instead of just doing the same chorus a million times. Personally, I think they’re creatively tapped out and need a reset, it seemed to work for Priest with Firepower.
>>
File: 1713701184371334.jpg (197 KB, 1440x1440)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>122561254
That's been Maiden's schtick since 90s and it's fucking tiresome
>>
File: IMG_3089.gif (574 KB, 220x220)
574 KB
574 KB GIF
>man I really want to like Iron Maiden
>but oooooooh the length, the songs are too loooooong
>>
>>122564670
Stretching a 3 minute song into a 10 minute one adds nothing to the experience
>>
>>122564709
Exaggerating in a reply adds nothing to the argument
>>
>>122564805
I dont mind 10 minute or even longer songs if the added length actually adds something unique to it. In the case of most older metal bands its just them endlessly and needlessly stretching the songs out to sell an album that's 1+ hour long.
>>
>>122564670
Older Iron Maiden songs are shorter on average
>>
>>122564861
True, but some of their older material is also quite long, Powerslave and Seventh Son in particular
The older songs were justified in their length unlike this album, but I hate dumbasses who hate long songs just because they’re long
>>
>>122564889
>I hate dumbasses who hate long songs just because they’re long
No one said this itt
>>
>>122564889
You've learned to read, good, now focus on reading + comprehending what you're reading.

The excessive length has to be justified. Long for the sake of long is boring, girth is important too.
>>
>>122564889
Iirc it all started with Rhyme of the ancient mariner. Steve probably enjoyed that experience so much he kept repeating it.
>>
>>122566099
Phantom, then the Dune song were before Mariner. Phantom has the more get go mood and the Dune song just wasnt good enough, but the guy definitely has a thing for drawing painting a picture and telling a whole story. Check this out though, most of his long songs follow almost exactly the formula of

slow intro - verse - chorus - slow part/build up - culmination - outro

Not always intro and chorus, but always verses into a slower part into a culmination.
>>
File: IMG_4921.jpg (34 KB, 300x300)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>122561540
This. Lmao. OP has been obliterated.
>>
>>122561540
>>122566645
Love me Maiden, ever since I accidentally hears 2min was hooked for life. But songs like "Lost in a lost world", "The Clansman, but shitty" and most of Book of Souls and Final Frontier have so much fat for no good reason.
>>
>>122562364
>Yeah, Harris needs an actual producer. Martin Birch was a huge part of what made early Maiden amazing by whipping Steve when he got too far up his own ass. That current guy sucks at both sound quality and wrangling Harris' creativity.
Agreed, Harris' songwriting has been lazy since the late 80s. Dickinson/Smith has always been the best songwriting combo, which is why the two solo albums Bruce did with Adrian are so good.
>>
>>122564889
the difference is having one long epic song per album and having an entire album with nothing but those songs
>>
>>122561254
yknow the thing i hate most about it? it's 81 minutes, just enough to quality as a 2 disc album. could have trimmed some shit to make it a single disc especially since there's one track that is literally one full minute of seagull noises.
this triggers me because i believe if your gonna make a double album, you should have at least 90 minutes worth of good material, a full 10 minutes over the mark. artists having just barley enough material qualifying over the 80 minute mark is distasteful and cheapens the double album. if there is only 'just' enough they should be humble and edit to fit a single disc.
>>
>>122570679
Should've extended the seagull noises 10 minutes.
>>
>>122570752
kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.