[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: physicalmedia.jpg (250 KB, 679x1078)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
Does /mu/ like physical media? For me it's vinyl and cassette. I prefer digital files over CDs because they take up too much space and I don't want to buy a CD/DVD player.
>>
>>122563080
I have a huge CD and record collection because a lot of what I wanted in FLAC wasn't available. So I rip it and upload it etc.
>>
>>122563080
What is the original image of that thing on the bottom?
>>
>>122563080
Never understood why people think vinyl is expensive. I still find good shit at thrift stores and flea markets. Old stereo equipment is impossible to find cheap by now, that's the one thing that used to be pennies on the dollar but has risen up now
>>
>>122563253
Maybe in your area. In mine there's a standing army of deranged boomer flippers that wake up at 4 am and scour the earth every day of anything cheap
>>
>>122563358
Same here. I've gotten most of the classics cheap right it became more popular. Now I buy new records, because so many old ones are scratched to shit by drunk and high boomers in the 70s/80s.
>>
>>122563244
It's just a schizo combination of Osiris and dharma
>>
>>122563080
Vinyl is cool. I collect CDs, I have a pretty big collection and I'm growing it. I mostly play digital files, I have a large flac collection but I consider CDs as permanent backup. I like playing CDs and I like to put on albums and it's cool to know that lasers are used to read the music from the disc.
>>
>>122563358
Boomers in my area are all rockists. I absolutely clean up on jazz records. Over the last few years, I've specialized in cherrypicking classic records
>>
If my dad's turntable hadn't been broken throughout my teens, I'd probably be all over vinyls. I started with piracy and will die as a pirate
>>
i used to be pretty into physical, went thrifting most days after school or on lunch break. bought new releases online.

nowadays, i don't run to stores often at all and buying online has gotten more expensive with taxes, shipping, not to mention international shipping + custom fees. so i buy a lot of digital media instead (god bless bandcamp)
really wanna get more physical releases though, should probably start paying up. it's a fun hobby.
>>
>>122567470
I just cant pay for digital, at least not by album. I have been milking a qobuz sub, riping flacs.
>>
>>122568720
what do you mean not by album?
>>
>>122568770
I mean i dont want to buy digital releases but i dont feel bad paying for a few months of qobuz or usenet to acquire flacs

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.