[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Twenty-One-Pilots.jpg (108 KB, 1024x680)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Why are they so fucking popular? Can someone please explain the autistic lore behind this band?
>>
>>122567023
it's midwitcore. like coldplay, or kendrick lamar. pop music with a thin veneer of intellectual acclaim.
>>
>>122567023
I think the young like them. I'm dating this 20 year old and she says she grew up with them or whatever.
>>
>>122567023
They made a mediocre debut and a second album. The second album is out of print and many of the tracks on it were included on their major label debut, a much better album that kept the prior quirkiness with a new polish that was complementary. Blurryface was released a few years later and was a major commercial success as they became and sounded mainstream. Trench was soon after released which was more nuanced and memorable in comparison to Blurryface, a fantastic record in its own right. Shortly after the first year of the pandemic they released Scaled and Icy, which apparently has not much to do with the "lore" and consists of great Pop tracks. Clancy was released a few months ago and seems to be a culmination of all their lore-based albums. Also very good. I don't know much of the narrative, I just think TOP makes great music
>>122567044
>midwitcore
>coldplay
>Twenty One Pilots
Kendrick is peak midwit but early Coldplay and most TOP is simple yet great Pop/Rock
>>122567084
Trve
>>
>>122567023
>Can someone please explain the autistic lore behind this band?
The Dema/Clancy lore, or the backstory of the real-life band?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.