[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
>>122567681
I feel like it used to get talked about more often before on /mu/ since it's one of Scaruffi's favorite rap albums, but i guess the average nu-/mu/ zoomer would rather talk about the latest shitty Kanye album
>>
>>122567681
i've always agreed with this statement but what is worth talking about if the peak of the genre is already here?
>>
nobody comes close to the lyricism and the vocal delivery
>>
Certified Scaruffi SLOP. Lock it up in the dumpster where it belongs and throw away the key
>>
File: Screenshot_17.png (51 KB, 205x301)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>122567703
>sematary
>kpop
>sneed em feedem
>who????
>>
>>122567681
yeah I got into them because boards of canada did a remix of dead dogs off of ten
them and their related projects are all great

https://youtu.be/_2AEgnhu248

best related project if you haven't heard it, that and odd nosdam's solo stuff
>>
>>122567703
Yeah I remember when this album used to be posted often here.
>>
>>122567681
>CIRCLE K, SHITTY COFFEE

I listened to it years ago and thought it was brilliant if not for anything but its instrumental work - literally can't think of a "cloudier" album
>>
literally Steam Punk Giraffe holds up spork music
>>
>>122567703
anticon and stuff like why? were popular on /mu/ in the late 2000s before we ever discovered scruffy
>>
>>122567681
stupidly overrated hipster slop
>>
>>122569844
sucked ass then
sucks ass now
>>
File: IMG_0111.jpg (32 KB, 640x513)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>122569844
>>122570404
Glad it’s not just me, fuck that album sucks
>>
>>122567681
This doesn't sound to me like just hiphop, due to vocals having harmonies on them.
It's more like a bunch of guys wanting to make a hiphop album, but adding some actual musical component to the vocals, which is unusual for hiphop.
It should have its own genre, it branched out from hiphop but it's something else.
Or it should be included in triphop. There's clearly a beat-centric composition with ambiental/psyched samples as backdrop, but they're not just rapping, they're doing vocal harmonies, there's a melodic component to the vocals, which makes this not hiphop.
>>
>>122570626
it wasnt the first hip hop album to include vocal harmonies you fucking idiot, have you never heard of bone thugs n harmony? melodic vocals in hip hop songs was a really common thing in 90s

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.