[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

alright which one is better
>>
>>122570734
fuck off Dave it's time to let go
>>
>>122570734
left but right has the more popular song between those two
>>
>>122570734
Puppets. it's okay to like RTL more but it's objectively not better.
>>
Ride the Lightning
>>
File: IMG_3730.jpg (55 KB, 682x357)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
It doesn’t matter OP, AJFA is better than both of em
>>
>>122573933
lmao
>>
>>122570734
Master has better production but RTL probably has the higher amount of great thrash songs. I honestly can't decide, everytime I listen to each one they become my favourite.
>>
MoP because it isn’t tainted by Musty Dave.
>>
>>122574254
The two songs he has credits on are arguably the best on the album along with creeping death and bell tolls
>>
>>122570734
RTL but by a hair

>>122573933
Justice blows. The band died with Cliff.
>>
>>122574242
>everytime I listen to each one they become my favourite.
based and good taste
>>
burning
in
muh brain
>>
>>122574406
Was like that with kill em all for a while too. It's firmly my third favourite now but I love how raw and punk the songs are

>>122573933
AJFA would be better if they just talk out shortest straw and eye of the beholder. Beholder is the better of the two but if you took those two out, you'd still have a 45-50 minute long album with 0 filler.
>>
>>122574436
FEARLESS WRETCH, INSANITY
>>
File: Metallica Jams.jpg (336 KB, 1672x950)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
how come everyone loves Self-Titled so much anyway
>>
>>122574331
filtered
>>122574446
I think the arguable filler song is frayed ends but goddammit the bridge in that song just tickles me in a way other songs don’t
>>
>>122574482
Actually yeah you reminded me, cut off the shitty wizard of Oz intro on frayed ends. I've always found that pretty cringeworthy. Rest of the song is epic proggy thrash like on the rest of the album. Id prob rank the songs from best to worst,

Blackened
AJFA
One
Harvester of Sorrow
Dyers Eve
To Live is to Die
Frayed Ends of Sanity
Eye of the Beholder
Shortest Straw
>>
>>122574446
i actually don't mind Eye of the Beholder. Shortest Straw is ass though.
>>
>>122570734
MoP was peak Metallica.
Kill'em all and MoP are their best albums. RTL is an interesting transition, but it has more filler and the lows are so much lower.

MoP simply has the best songwriting of all their albums and even when the songs get too drawn out, it's not so annoying because they're just so good. Whereas on Justice, the excess is noticeable because it's a much drier album that lacks the melodicity of MoP or the early-days craziness of Kill'em.

Not to mention how muffled the production on RTL seems.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.