[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Undertones.jpg (146 KB, 1067x800)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Let's talk about this beautiful time period, right before Hardcore tryhard fags took over.
>>
first punk band was Jan and Dean
>>
>>122570796
No.
Let's not.
Let's not ever talk about punk or post any punk threads again.
I am fucking sick and tired of everybody starting a punk thread and arguing about what punk is, when punk started, who's a real punk, etc. ad nausium.
PUNK IS DEAD!
No wonder /mu/ is the laughing stock of the internet!
I mean, I really just don't give a fuck, anymore.
Please, no more punk threads!
>>
>>122570820
no, bethoven was the first punk. jan and dean are proto post grindcore punk
>>
File: Steve-o.jpg (16 KB, 360x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>122571160
>>
>>122570796
I think punk got stale when it went from being a style of music to an ideology, which was rather early but still. It stopped being about what you "could" do with the music and started being about what you "should" do.
>>
>>122571160
The Worst part of it is the "protopunk" revisionism.
just call it garage rock for fucks sake.
>>
>>122571451
oh fucking stop it big baby
>>
>>122571160
Shut up Steve Ignorant

Anyways I love both punk and hardcore but no punk = no hardcore, logically

My favorite first wave bands are The Dead Boys (gotta rep Ohio), The Stranglers and Wire, although Wire is in that weird category of being between punk and post punk.
>>
>>122570820
I was going to say surf rock is the seed of punk and metal.
>>
>>122572580
very cool choices
>>
>>122571451

Post-Punk started a year after Punk.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.