[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1701848895070708.jpg (102 KB, 1000x1000)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
What do you think about the Flaming Lips
>>
i think their peak is Transmissions and Clouds Taste Metallic
the album you posted is fine but not the REAL peak flaming lips which included the great Ronald Jones
>>
I went through a hallucinogen experimentation phase and listened to dozens of classic psychedelic records in this period, and Clouds Taste Metallic is number one
the best album for recreational hallucinogens
>>
i think they were really good from clouds taste metallic until yoshimi. i think at war with the mystics has a handful of really good songs, some with gay lyrics, and is pretty underrated. everything after mystics is shitty post-mid-life crisis shit created by old men trying to sponge off the youth to add energy to their shit.
>>
>>122571059
Great until, and including transmissions. From there on it's quirky reddit type bullshit that I can do without. Their best is probably in a priest driven ambulance
>>
>>122571059
douchebag music
>>
>>122573459
Contrarion fool. They're best album is Soft Bulletin and it isn't close, although I do enjoy Clouds Taste Metallic.
>>
>>122573549
I hated that album. You guys have no taste. Eventually when you'll get older you'll realize how much of a joke those later albums are.
>>
Just saw them play this album front to back a few days ago. Always a fun show.
>>
>>122573613
You've got to be joking. I simply can't understand why anyone would hate Soft Bulletin. Flips get everything right with that album. The lyrics and instrumentals are so much more complex and satisfying. It is much further ahead than any of their other stuff.
>>
>>122571690
Have you even bothered listening to Embryonic or The Terror?
>>
>>122573613
Lol what a retard. Soft Bulletin is a masterpiece.
>>
>>122574638
>masterpiece
If you keep throwing that term around around like that it will quickly lose all its meaning
>>
They glow
>>
The Terror is fantastic
>>
Embryonic/7 Skies H3/Terror era is excellent. Can generally take or leave the rest.
>>
>>122575327
Are you the anon who thinks Wayne is Steven Drozds' handler. If thats the right term
>>
>>122571059
They were outdid by Dr Dog much later
>>
>>122575350
It's definitely an underrated, great album.
>>
>>122574638
G.I. by germs is a masterpiece.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.