[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8819.jpg (946 KB, 955x1345)
946 KB
946 KB JPG
>>
The Silver Scream was a really good album, great live act but they have becoming stale. They need something new that isn't horror movie references. That has run its course.
>>
>>122571184
Saw them open for Metallica, was a cool act, music was alright.
>>
>>122571184
big three of poseur bands rn with Slaughter to Prevail and Lorna Shore
some barely functioning autist came up to me once at an In n Out while I was talking to my brother, complimented my Misfits shirt and said he loved metal, punched my wrist in some sad attempt at a fist bump, then started rolling up his cookie monster pajama pants to show me his incredibly cheap looking tattoos. He had Ice Nine Kills on his upper thigh and the Slipknot S around his nipple.
Every time I tried to turn back to my brother to go back to our prior conversation, he would linger before asking "Do you like 'X band'?" I'd try to let him down nicely because it was inevitably some awful zinecore band with unnatural push from all the publishers like Metalsucks and Loudwire, shit like Spiritbox or the prior mentions, and I was on my goregrind kick at the time. Eventually after about 10 minutes of this, (we were stuck waiting a long time since it was a saturday night and our In n Out usually has a line wrapped through the whole parking lot) he asks what shows I've seen. I told him "Last big show I saw was Cannibal Corpse and Revocation." "I don't know them" "Cannibal Corpse? ...they're like, old school brutal-" "Do they have moshing?" "...yeah?" "Nice" and then another awful attempt at a fist bump. I had wanted to punch this kid in the face from the first time he opened his mouth in my direction, or at the very least rip out his shitty women's septim ring like that scene from Mel Gibson's Payback, but he was a brown autist and I live in Commiefornia so that would've been a big no-no, and by that point they had called our order so we left.
Me and my brother still share fond memories of how awkward and cancerous that night was. He's not into metal very much, so he didn't know if tales of le ebin metal elitist were exaggerated in popular media or not, but that night he learned a very valuable lesson: Gatekeeping happens for a reason.
>>
>>122571184
Know a lady who likes them but they seem too overproduced and theatrical as well as too melodic for someone of my caliber. I enjoy heavy music but I prefer a little more grit in my listening habits.
>>
>>122572412
I’m a sperg myself but I would rather listen to Last Days Of Humanity or Dead Infection than any of what that kid liked.
>>
File: 1698685946730709.webm (998 KB, 1280x720)
998 KB
998 KB WEBM
>>122571184
I do like that they put an effort into their stage theatrics and outfits (there is a lack of that in most modern metal groups) but I don't like their music at all.
Plus I dont really see who is supposed to be their taget audience: The zoomers that like their music will not get most of the references to old horror movies. And the kind of old, perpetually stuck in their teenage years metal boomer with shitty movie serial killer tattoos all over his body would scoff at their music for not be le real metal.
>>
>>122572412
>>122572473
I don't really like metal at all but I listen to Gorguts and really like that new Job for a Cowboy album that came out this year (they have become much better musicians). I think the Misfits suck but I like Melvins. I cannot imagine being in this scenario. Thank god the only band merchandise I own is gay hippie drug bands nobody has ever heard of
>>
>>122572654
Who? Like Widespread Panic or whatever?
>>
>>122572725
Basically yeah. moe. and umphrey's mcgee and then regional bands from where I grew up that never made it. I have a couple of phish hats but I don't wear them often and I don't think they would ever draw a conversation like that guy got stuck in

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.