[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do zoomers care about music or is it too long/ not engaging enough for them?
>>
>>122572208
22 year old zoomer checking in, usually albums are around a half hour in general to keep things moving and to keep them from getting stale/repetitive. People have been wanting music that is to the point and does away with lows and only retains the high moments that captivates their attention span since at least the 80s.
I don't mind an 8 minute song that is fleshed out, organic, well written, and most of all passes by like it was 2 minutes anymore than I do mind a song that is 2 minutes but drags on and feels like nails on a chalkboard, just when will it end? It is 2 minutes but had 15 seconds of creativity and ideas so now the rest feels like 8 minutes.
If you write a good song, have good song structure, and most of all, it is a good listen, then you can make 8 minutes feel like way less than that.
Be good at what you do, whether your songs are short bursts of energy that deliver or long, thought out ideas that span 10 minutes to convey but, boy, do they.
>>
>>122572231
You didn't need to say you were 22, it was obvious from how retarded this post is
>organic
>>
>>122572231
Pretty much what you said. Post rock/metal has (while niche) a cult following and that scene's music is way more minimalistic and sometimes even lengthier than the average prog song, so as long as the music's good that's all that matters to keep people interested.
>>
>>122572208
Yeah i do, but i usually only listen to an album once, i then save the songs I liked to a playlist

To me there’s no point in listening to an album and having to sit through less interesting tracks to get to the good stuff
>>
>>122572208

Back before the internet there was not anywhere near as much stuff. Music and TV. Now there are internet versions.

Mostly true that younger people today don't give a fuck about music. The more that rock is shut out and pop is pushed, the less that people care about music overall.
>>
>>122572231

Ah a 22 year old telling us about what people wanted 30 years ago.

You're wrong.

Not only do 22 year olds not like music too much, they're generally not very good at thinking these days.
>>
>>122576251
Judging by how long the typical or average album is, it usually clocks in around the 25 to 35 minute mark.People wouldn't be buying it if it didn't sell, maybe because attention spans aren't exactly something easy to keep unless the music is good. I don't know everything, i'm 22 and only one person, so yeah, maybe i'm wrong, but time is invaluable, and spending 50 minutes or more on an album that is dogshit through and through, is not exactly a good experience.
Back when people didn't have spotify, and the first 2 tracks were good but the rest of the album was crap, not only did you waste your time but your hard earned cash on junk.
>>
>>122576251
Reasonable post with nothing you could single out as weird or illogical
>no we want boring hackneyed songs that go nowhere shut up zoomer!!!
Get a life beyond hating young people, anon had a fair point.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.