[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kot.webm (1.08 MB, 576x776)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB WEBM
>Generally not a big fan of Jazz trios, quartets and quintets
>Absolutely love Big Band Jazz
What could the reason for this be?
Only one I can come up with is that it's easier to tell in big band jazz when something's improvised and when it's written. Or i just like the sound of brass
>>
>the thing i like about music is when i can tell when it's improvised or composed
Literally no one has said this ever
>>
>>122573624
I have
>>
>>122573569
Maybe you just like tuttis, anon
>>
>>122573624
I have.
>>
>>122573569
You don't like intimate music
>>
>>122573569
kill yourself chinaman
>>
You just don’t have a very sophisticated ear.
You can cope as much as you like but that’s it.
You don’t need to cultivate your ear, just like you don’t need to make yourself into a wine faggot.
But we’re here posting on a music board so people are going to rightfully laugh at you if you treat your shit dilettante opinion like it’s something worth airing.
>>
>Absolutely love Big Band Jazz
You have white skin
>>
>>122576571
intimacy is in the music itself, not the number of instruments you autist
>>
>>122576646
Big Band is more sophisticated, though. It is the most sophisticated jazz possible. Don't know what you mean by this
>>
I couldn't into big band until I listened to Gil Evans. What a fucking GOD.
>>
>>122577495
nta but scale plays a part and has a meaning you braindead faggot
>>
>>122577495
compare three people having a deep focused conversation at a party versus 45 people clamoring over each other in a lecture hall. instrumentation will have an impact on "the music itself" and acting otherwise is naive. you will never find a big band orchestration that has the same kind of nuanced call and response as the keith jarrett trio or the miles davis second quintet.
>>
>>122577758
Not him but I think the scale can juxtapose the intimacy, like whispering at a party or something. Not arguing just blabbering
>>
>>122577794
Big Band Orchestration can be alot more fun though, imo. I'll take Duke Ellington's 30s-50s work over Miles any day
>>
>>122577758
You have autism and think that scale matters when it comes to emotion. I dont make the rules here, you can call me braindead but I only speak the truth that you deny
>>
>>122579911
everything in music matters when it comes to emotion, unless you're a soulless hack
>>
>>122573624
i have.
>>
>>122577755
based, new bottle old wine is amazing
>>
>>122573569
>it's easier to tell in big band jazz when something's improvised and when it's written
yeah that's kinda not a good thing, big band solos are always so congested and inconsequential

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.