[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>best singer of the thrash scene
>cool relatable lyrics
>tightest rhythm section
>urban style image, no corny bullet belts and spiky bracelets

Why did Anthrax get overshadowed by others?
>>
>>122576220
>one of these things is not like the others
>>
>>122576220
honestly might be my favorite of the big 4
Metallica had higher highs, but Anthrax was the most fun band of the 4
>>
>>122576220
Dan Spitz is still one of the most underrated thrash guitar players ever. His lead work on those early album is absolutely top notch.
>>
>>122578300
This. I feel like so many metalheads take shit so seriously they can't fathom that not every band needs to write about satan or politics
>>
>Why did Anthrax get overshadowed by others?
Metalfags are a bunch of tryhard edgelord retards
>>
>>122576220
bullet belts are based
>>
>>122578371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkEJtYbhN5M
you've got a good point, this song is a great example of his guitar work
>>
Persistence of Time is awesome.
Sound of White Noise underrated.
>>
Anthrax was the token east coast band. A constant question you can see constantly asked online is, "why is anthrax considered big 4?". They just suck. They were an east coast band, had one hit song, that's about it. Testament should get their sport, and has the exact same positives you claim for Anthrax.
>>
>>122576220
That Jewish bassist always creeped me out. He always looked like a plant, keeping an eye on the metal scene.
>>
>change to fit mainstream grunge sound in 90s
>hardly anyone listened to it so you don't get sell out accusations every day like your buds in metallica
>metal bros think you never changed
>you're still respected
>stay winning
>>
>>122580688
Why does he look like he took a tine machine back from 2002 to be in a band in 1987
>>
File: tempo.jpg (86 KB, 1000x904)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
I recently listened to pic rel after only having listened to the classics by megadeth and metallica. Fucking awesome album, what other thrash would I like?
>>
>>122578462
Anthrax was definitely political though
>>
>>122582837

testament especially practice what you preach/souls of black/the ritual

sepultura arise

overkill

sodom

kreator

slayer hell awaits through divine intervention

dark angel

metal church the dark

IMO there's a lot of cool thrash out there but you can easily start to see why only a few of them rose to huge success
>>
>>122578533
this, Anthrax is just too good to be properly enjoyed by metalhead manchildren mob
>>
>only there to fill the 4th slot
>>
>>122580640
>Testament should get their sport
This is actually one of the dumbest fucking opinions someone can have and I legitimately hope you fucking kill yourself.
>>
it's really only the big 3...
>>
>>122580688
Scott Ian? Doesn't he play rhythm?
>>
>>122576220
Scott Ian's agent is the most talented member of Anthrax.
>>
>>122580640
Testament was late to the party. First album was in 87. And it's Big 4, not your preferred 4. Anthrax was one of the first thrash bands. And they were much bigger than Testament; they were arguably bigger than Megadeth (and certainly Slayer) at one point in the 80s. You know, back when "le big 4" was actually a thing.
If Anthrax had "one hit", Testament had zero hits.
>>
>>122584974
It's really the big 1.
There's Metallica and then everyone else. Megadeth was pretty huge at one point but those days are long gone.
>>
>>122576220
>no corny bullet belts and spiky bracelets
okay so you don't like metal. by the way basically none of the american bands wore bullet belts or spiked bracelets except for slayer.
>>
>>122587615
I love metal. Helmet, Pantera, Rob Zombie, kid rock, godsmack, limp bizkit, suicidal tendencies, biohazard to name a few
>>
>>122587615
>okay so you don't like metal.
retard take

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.