[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7829.jpg (3.8 MB, 2659x3456)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
>Im native american!
>Is white
Was she based?
>>
I guess the secret to a successful indian larp is to just....be italian?
>>
>>122579515
Nah, she's unmistakably native. She's textbook the phenotype. Not sure what you're on about, OP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAKOs1Zm5Fo
>>
File: Dflj0agXUAAVI94.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>white woman
>based
>>
I like her music, but I think the LARPing as native American thing was cringe. She was talented enough to not have that be a gimmick in order to be successful.
>>
>>122579515
Those teeth are freaky
>>
She is currently facing jail time
>>
>>122579515
Illuminations is based.
>>
>>122579619
I know right. There are even lower quality photos than that where she looks more Indian
>>
>>122579515
universal soldier is a jam, much better than universal coward
https://youtu.be/zYEsFQ_gt7c?si=vrkZVHosZWJ5Vx8R

https://youtu.be/X0y9CN_ta-A?si=OpTHgndfhJDLujWQ
>>
>>122579619
Her birth parents are documented, they're white people from Massachusetts. The most impressive part to me is that she just lied her way into Canadian citizenship
>>
>>122579515
Meds aren't white
>>
>>122579726
i don't think they're real ones
>>
>>122583018
>white
half italian, and by the looks of her probably sicilian, which is part middle eastern
>>
>>122583018
>The most impressive part to me is that she just lied her way into Canadian citizenship
Easy when you can just claim to be an adopted native with no birth certificate. The most impressive part to me is how Buffy tried to silence her family with legal threats.
>Some members of the Sainte-Marie family had attempted to clarify her European ancestry in the 1960s and 1970s, but the singer threatened them with legal action for doing so. In December 1964, Arthur Santamaria, Sainte-Marie’s paternal uncle, wrote to the Wakefield Daily Item, which published his editorial that Sainte-Marie "has no Indian blood in her" and "not a bit" of Cree heritage. Her brother, Alan Sainte-Marie, also wrote to newspapers, including the Denver Post in 1972, to clarify that his sister was not born on a reservation, has Caucasian parents, and that "to associate her with the Indian and to accept her as his spokesman is wrong". Alan Sainte-Marie's daughter Heidi has stated that, in 1975, her father had met Buffy and a PBS producer for Sesame Street while working as a commercial pilot. She has said that the producer later asked her father if he was Indigenous, because he did not look that he was. Her father clarified that they were of European ancestry and not Indigenous. On November 7, 1975, Alan Sainte-Marie received a letter from a law firm representing Buffy Sainte-Marie, which said, "We have been advised that you have without provocation disparaged and perhaps defamed Buffy and maliciously interfered with her employment opportunities." The letter also stated that no expense would be spared in pursuing legal remedies. Included with the law firm letter was a handwritten note from Buffy Sainte-Marie to her brother stating that she would expose him for allegedly sexually abusing her as a child if he continued speaking about her ancestry. He decided to back off from his letter-writing campaign and a month later on December 9, 1975, Buffy made her first appearance on Sesame Street.
>>
>>122583779
As a fellow NPC I also thought the most impressive part was the part that the Wikipedia article portrayed as such.
>>
>>122579515
>everyone talking about race
>no music discussion whatsoever
wow nu-/mu/ truly sucks
>>
>>122587402
Her music sucks lol, it sucks twice as much knowing that the Native American vocal tricks she uses as a crutch are literally just nonsense
>>
>>122579515
I thought it was depressing that they had to expose her and destroy her legacy at the end of her life. At that point just let her get away with it no one is happier learning the truth
>>
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/buffy-sainte-marie-illuminations/
Fucking kek'd.
An italian larping as native american.
>>
She's been larping since the 60s. At this point she's earned it.
>>
>>122588199
>An italian larping as native american.
Kinda based desu.
>>
native american clothing is so fucking gay
no wonder they got conquered dressing up like birds and shit. fucking homos
>>
>>122579515
She never really claimed to be native, though, did she? She just dressed like that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.