[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 121311.png (1.88 MB, 1440x864)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
How did the worst singer in the group become known as the lead singer?
>>
>>122580302
It suited him in those years
>>
He's not the worst singer, he has the best lead voice, nicest timbre. I mean listen to Pet Sounds, starts with WIBN and everything is great, but Mike comes in and it pushes everything to the next level
Al is second best lead voice in the group
>>
Great vocals, and almost decent songwriter when it comes to stuff like Big Sur (pity he never wrote a song as good as that since)
>>
>>122580302
by being the only one with any kind of consistency.
>keeps writing hits in spite of every evolution of the band
>everyone else falls apart
it's not a big mystery.
>>
>>122580806
>>keeps writing hits in spite of every evolution of the band
Kek no
And his voice has fallen off the hardest by the 80s it was an unlistenable nasal whine
>>
>>122580841
ALL of their voices had deteriorated by the 80s. Mike's was the only one that still somewhat sounded like himself.
>>
>>122580921
Al too.
>>
>>122580921
Uh, Carl Wilson still had a great voice, so did Al Jardine. In fact, Al is the only one that still has a decent voice.
Carl even to his last performance, despite having cancer and needing oxygen between songs, still had a good voice.
https://youtu.be/aD41cFE_rJE?si=rbxUCneQS-JCOnn1
>>
>>122580935
doesn't matter since Al sang lead on like 4 songs in total.
>>
>>122580969
Al Jardine sang lead on 50 you retard
Bruce sang the least with 19
>>
>>122581084
ok now name 10 Al songs that are actually good.
>>
>>122580966
I think Carl must have been some kind of freak where smoking his whole life didn't really affect his singing voice
>>
>>122581112
Be Here In the Morning
Help Me Rhonda
And Then I Kissed her
Lookin’ at Tomorrow
I Know There's An Answer
The Times They Are A Changin
>>
>>122581151
you only named 4 good songs, I asked for ten.
>>
>>122581162
Those are all good, I'll get back to you with the other 4.
I was going to say Lady Jane but that's eh good for Post Holland Beach Boys and he's on The Beaks Of Eagles but I think only I like that. It's hard to tell sometimes where he is-he sounds a lot like Brian
>>
>>122581162
Oh and Add The Winds Of Change that's good, the only good song on M.I.U so it's three now
>>
>>122581151
Cotton Fields as well that's 8
>>
>>122580336
There are moments like on Hawaii where his voice is cracking but it suits the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay4FTKRCxQo
>>
>>122581191
>the only good song on M.I.U so it's three now
Nah, Matchpoint and My Diane are good.
>>
>>122581183
>It's hard to tell sometimes where he is-he sounds a lot like Brian
He actually took over many of Brian's leads when he stopped touring
https://youtu.be/IiuPxfV_Zqo?si=mtBkXkrDFiiCEYV_

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.