[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Whats the most rare record you own?

This is my copy of Blood by The Microphones purchased directly from Phil Elverum when he sold some Microphones materials from his personal archive. The record is 1/300 hand painted blank record sleeves featuring rarity tracks many of them being demos for The Glow Pt. 2 songs. Yeah I spent bank on it, no regrets. I have a decently extensive Phil collection so having a copy of Blood, and one of three that he had in his personal collection is extra cool.
>>
File: diru.jpg (3.86 MB, 3840x2160)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB JPG
Probably this. Record came in a boxset made in 2008, never again reissued since then. Bought it for like 50-60 dollars, which was insane considering it came through the mail from Japan and I'm in Latin America. The boxset also has an artbook, a CD copy of the album and also a CD with some bonus tracks.
>>
File: the records.jpg (392 KB, 1250x699)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>122580356
1) peter brotzmann octet - machine gun
original 1968 german private press in NM shape
2) charles manson - lie the love and terror cult
original awareness private press, real top copy
3) people's temple choir - he's able
this is the jim jones record, actually a really nice album too
>>
File: DSC_5937.jpg (3.05 MB, 4032x3024)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
>>122580356
I have two of the Aphex Twin festival records. Houston and London. I know the first only had 500 pressings.
>>
>>122580577
This is so based. How much did you pay for them?
>>
>>122580797
brotzmann - $140
people's - $175
manson - $325
the brotzmann was an amazing deal from a swiss guy on ebay about a month before he died
>>
>>122580868
Damn man, most I've paid for vinyl is a hundred. You're for sure dedicated, I respect that
>>
Original death grips exmilitary
>>
>>122580356
The first couple stooges albums. Anything worth any more than that I'd just sell
>>
>>122580518
>>122580577
>>122580760
How often do you spin these? I listened to my Blood copy once then put it in a frame and haven't played it since. Just a cool art piece that I own basically...I'll admit it's nice like I crave listening to it much, and it's on Spotify nowadays too.
>>122580977
Post it
>>
I have lots of rare records that nobody cares about
>>
>>122581612
Diru anon here, I listen to it a lot to be honest, I don't really care if the vinyl is gonna stop working on me, I just wanna enjoy it while it lasts. The audio diference is pretty notorious when compared to the CD release, so I absorb the music a lot more when I listen to the vinyl. I always try to focus more when I listen to the LP, maybe because I feel it is so precious. I also live in a country with high humidity and many days are very hot, so I don't know how many years my vinyl will last, and I want to use them while I still can. I also got vinyl by rare / obscure japanese bands like Art-School, I like them a lot.
>>
>>122580356
vinyl copies of death in june's "but what ends when the symbols shatter" and "rose clouds of holocaust" in their 1997 US tour edition formats (blue marble & pink), limited to 300 copies each
>>
>>122580356
Up
>>
>>122581612
I'd listen to the Houston occasionally, but I've been listening to London more after completely forgetting I even owned it. It's the closest thing to a vinyl release of Orphans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2z2RDSGeR0
>>
>>122587015
Up
>>
>>122588343
Thats cool. It’s sad when songs fall through the cracks and don’t end up on all formats. You’d think when an artist reaches a certain level of popularity their team would work to maximize availability of all their music but it’s not always the case. Of course this inaccesibility does allow for nerds like us to bask in the glory of owning vinyl with rare tracks not on the internet.

For example on my copy of the Microphones single for Moon Moon it has a b side instrumental that is not on any streaming, youtube, or compilation that Phil has put out to my knowledge it was not in his last Microphones boxset.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.