[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: th-2888648434.jpg (16 KB, 474x362)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>uh
>>
>WE ARE THE FALL
>>
>>122580549
I like mark and I think he was really great
>>
>>122580973
based Mark with help from 50+ other people but making people think he was the band lol if it's me and your granny on bongos etc kek I still love him though
>>
>>122581050
He was a Beefheart type who played musicians instead of instruments. He was good at abusing people until they created just the right cacophony.
>>
>OBLIGATORY N
>>
>>122580549
Is that Eddie Money?
>>
File: 894618.jpg (76 KB, 576x397)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>122581050
In regards to the music, he composed too and his role was more in the vein of an editor/conductor of the musicians output; but at the end no MES vocals (its all about the vocals delivery giving gravitas/Shaping the music) no The Fall.
>>
>POLEAXE-UH
>>
>I WAS IN THE REALM OF THE ESSENCE OF TONG-AAAHHHH
>>
>>122580549
Sing ta-row row row row
For the british
Grena-diers
>>
>>122580549
I'd rather just listen to Pavement with my bros, share a six pack of Dale's Pale Ale, and go skateboarding near sundown.
>>
>>122586686
I always thought that people massively exaggerated the similarities between the fall and pavement, compared to the more overt pastiche of lcd soundsystem for example. You don't listen to either of those bands for the same reasons.
>>
>>122586686
I prefer Pavement too, but neither band remotely scratch the same itch, especially since both only resemble one certain era of the band that doesn't represent them as a whole.
>>
File: Fall.png (1.2 MB, 982x653)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
https://vocaroo.com/1gtJTkeegHOU
>Electronic dingleberry excrements stay stuck on the arse of the passing crows
>They walk in rows, the little people on peoplemas for people plus, feeling like an eclectric vibration of motion
>Once the wave of sick is cleared, an appearance of monoclastical singletons evaporate into the street
>The feet of this operation run smoothly,
>But the tart is away
>The tart is away
>THE TART IS AWWAAAAAYYYYYYYYY
>ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
What did he mean by that?
>>
>>122586686
It seems yanks always feel the need to make rip-offs/remakes of stuff that people from another country have already done. Be it movies, tv shows, music whatever
>>
>>122589086
yanks have 0 cultural relevance these days
>>
>>122589086
Huh interesting, that's kinda like how all those 60s British rock groups blatantly ripped off/remade American blues artists. It's almost like artists find inspiration from anything or anywhere
>>
u think your a fabian intelectual u like to drive a volvo *random reggaeton interlude*
u gave me 3 stars in the nme magazine / u are worried about teh price of gasoline *arab disco interjection*
>>
>>122589094
culture doesn't exist anymore retard
>>
>>122580549
HOLY RETARD
>>
>>122581050

the poor lead guitarist and bassist were there for 20 years and helped write most of their best songs, then got the boot when Mark started his downward spiral
>>
saw you at the tesco-uh
buyin a packet of crisps uh
eat em up eat em up AH
>>
>>122580549
>>122583878
WHY ARE BRITISH PEOPLE SO FUCKING DYSGENIC?
>>
Payin' off youruh jaguar-uh
Too bad you crashed it in Hampstead uh
Can't drive can't drive can't drive uh
Now you ride a bicycle-ah
>>
>>122591233
for you maybe
>>
>>122592729
The honest answer is that a big part of it is a lack of access to orthodontistry. Because the UK is a whiter country than the US overall, a lot of the poorest people (e.g. up north) happen to also be white where in the US their equivalents would be black and in ghettos. There's a povvo black population in the UK too of course but it's proportionally much smaller than the US's. Leads to a whole white underclass below even US rust belt fentanyl addict white trash -level poverty who have nought but a can of baked beans in the cupboards at home and are pulling out their own teeth en lieu of affording a dentist. The British class system is a medieval feudal hell. Couple that with poor nutrition and a constantly damp, cold climate and we're set up for aesthetic failure.
>>
>>122595606
Oh and don't forget the drinking. It's so endemic here I even overlooked it. 20 pints is a normal night out if you're university age here. Pubs were our primary form of social space for centuries until after WWII, within living memory.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.