[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>album flops
>kills himself
>>
we've all done it
>>
>is perpetually a corny turd and a worthless 'artist' no one of discerning taste took seriously
>unable to take even his suicide seriously as a result
He did it to himself, really.
>>
>>122581456
I honestly think that's what pushed him over the edge. The album's wiki article basically says that he was fucking pissed that the album got below average reviews. And of course the album's really low average score compared to the rest of their studio albums speaks for itself...
>>
>>122581564
*the album's really low average score on RateYourMusic
>>
>>122581544
This. The entire band should have been lynched from a scaffold in times square for forcing multiple albums of whiny depressive shit on an entire generation of 12 year olds.
>>
>>122581456
>no one has posted it yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_u1JWIdGO4
No shit he couldn't make a good album, he was bound to die in the next few years anyway. Just look at the guy, he looks like dialysis center and methadone clinic rolled into one
>>
>>122581564
It's never just one thing with suicide. All that bad shit happens in your life, you think surely at least this will go well, then nope, even this goes like hell
>>
>>122581456
Fucking based
>>
>>122581735
Thats the wrong nigga
>>
File: 8b1-2849803806.png (906 KB, 1126x845)
906 KB
906 KB PNG
>>122581456
Don't get me wrong, OML is not a good album, but it wasn't a complete disaster as people like to make it seem. With the exception of Good Goodbey, the tracks weren't unlistenable, just different for the band and a bit weak, which is expected for a rock band going head first into pop.
The problem is when said band made a whole deal in their previous album about rock artists selling out and going into pop for the money, ensuring their fans they'd never do such a thing.
It wasn't solely the quality of the last album that got people mad (hell, I'd argue THP was worse: Barely any interesting sounds and 3 of the songs are almost identical instrumentally), but primarily their sheer hypocrisy on that matter. And, as sad as it is to say, Chester's suicide made people forget about it and saved the band's reputation.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>122581823
Maybe one of his best friends killing himself two months prior had something to do with it.
>>
He was Jon Podesta's son and was murdered for plotting to expose his father.
>>
Nuh-uh him and Chris Cornell were about to expose the celebrity p3do cult
>>
>>122582658
not to be super simple-minded but I still don't understand how a middle age rich man would choose suicide, I'm not judging, I know we are "le edgy 4chan kids haha we make of everything lol" but it really makes me wonder, I know depression takes many forms and not everything is about money, but at that point, you could just invest in something and retire to the woods, build a huge comfy house in the middle of nowhere and dedicate the rest of your life to your hobbies, enjoying nature, family and maybe just keep making music for yourself
and that's the worst thing, they had families... they were parents, why would you leave your son or daughter like that?
>>
>>122581456
He should have stayed with Stone Temple Pilots
>>
>>122581456
He tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it didn't even matter.
>>
>>122583746
Depression just makes people illogical like that sometimes. When you're at the lowest point, everything is shit and none of the good things matter, but that also makes the highs so much better, to the point that when you're happy for a while again, you think "this is fine, I'll survive anything". And it's not bad by itself, but you also end up never changing anything that may have pushed you to the low end before, so you inevitably crash again. Chester could do all those things you mentioned, but he probably just couldn't beat the loop of stagnation.
>>
reminder that he was jerking off
>>
>>122581456
He killed himself because his gay lover Chris Cornell killed himself.
>>
>>122581456
was a place for my head about a noose
>>
Yeah but Keith Flint had number one album, successful bike team, smashed his fastest running time and then he did it too....After his losing his house to his wife.
>>
>>122581456
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
>>
>kills himself
lmao fucking retards
>>
>>122581456
He had a great voice. Sad he never did any death metal.
>>
>>122581456
Pretty sure it was the PTSD from child abuse plus his friends suicide plus feeling out of touch plus toxic relationships destroying the ability to pair bond (strong anti-suicide drug) judging from the source material of their music. It’s kind of like Anthony Bourdain, even with all the success and opportunities, if you somehow survive drug addiction but can’t maintain any relationships, you’re still going to kill yourself.
>>
>>122581456
couldn't have been the music because all of their releases were shit
>>
>>122581456
Linkin Park are fucking god tier

Meteora > ATS > Living Things > others still good

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.