[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000026361.jpg (81 KB, 1200x630)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Not a regular here and unsure if this falls under 'personal music' but...

I've been recently hanging out at a karaoke bar and I'm looking for song recommendations for when I go out again.

I have a deep voice so I do well at old blues songs but the bar I go to doesn't have a lot of blues songs. I did 'House of the Rising Sun - the animals', 'In my time of dying - led zeppelin', 'white room - cream' and 'take it easy - eagles'. What's some other good songs for karaoke

Also karaoke general, discuss your experiences at karaoke and favorite karaoke songs
>>
>>122582278
Folsom Prison Blues
>>
I always do In Dreams by Roy Orbison or Wicked Game by Chris Isaak. I kill every time, but you need to be a good singer.
>>
>>122582291
Oh yeah I did well at that one too. I got a massive applause for that one and house of the rising son. I also did a bunch of ed sheeran songs too to try pick up chicks but yeah my voice fails me when I have to hit notes that are too high
>>
File: 1000026362.jpg (98 KB, 750x740)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>122582278
Telephone Masturbator - Pork Dukes
Little Girls - Oingo Boingo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wZYh4ChL0w&
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4J-f5lkCLo
I'm singing alone
>>
you might try the Doors. Don't know if those are good karaoke songs but Morrison had a fairly low voice.
>>
so is karaoke a regular general on this board or nah

>t.newfag
>>
>>122583419
no but I hope it will
>>
>>122583658
you need to make it like Racist Trust Fund Karaoke, and it will take off
a few skibidi jokes and youre set.
>>
>>122584227
change the general tag to /kkk/ and you're all set
>>
>>122582278
WEEN - PISS UP A ROPE always goes over well with the gals that sing those songs about keying up a dude's car if he happened to get some strange
>>
>>122584386
THIS
>>
>>122584471
kek, good song but the disk jocky at the bar won't let me sing songs too offensive. Like she won't let me sing 'Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo' - Bloodhound Gang, or 'Rape Me' - Nirvana
>>
>>122582278
anyone know why valerie - amy winehouse is such a popular song at karaoke? There's no there song that every seems to draw a crowd like it.
>>
Since I do karaoke a lot, I notice very few venues are perfect. Actually most of them have one giant problem or another
>No TVs facing the singer
>Shitty MIDI synth instrumentals only
>Bad audio mixing
Case in point: just last Friday, I axed all original my ideas because they had a limited selection. Went with The Outfield - Your Love. It's a song I can do from memory but was forced to watch the screen since my voice was drowning out the music
>>
>>122587868
Valerie is one I hear every now and then but it's not what I'd call a showstopper, at least in my area. What definitely holds true though, is how much people love that era. Anything late 90s through the 2000s will hype up the audience

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.