[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>SZA was on the main (Pyramid) stage and failed to draw a crowd
>other acts like Avril Lavigne had absolutely massive crowds despite being put on smaller stages
>Shania Twain was on the Pyramid stage earlier that day and played to a gigantic sea of people
Why didn't people show up to listen to SZA, /mu/?
>>
literally who
>>
Don't know who that is
>>
>>122584871
>>122584872
She is an R&B/Hip-hop singer. Some of her songs on spotify have over 1 BILLION streams. She headlined Glastonbury, but hardly anyone showed up.
>>
>>122584722
Racism
>>
cant name any of her songs, but she is one of those black people shoved in your face if you are a libtard who listens to npr or something, should have not been a headliner
>>
>>122584722
Shoulda got Doja Cat
>>
Never heard of him
>>
File: ac6.jpg (60 KB, 385x390)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>122585079
>him
>>
>>122585120
this photo is literally unedited
>>
>>122584722
Most of these people I have only heard of because of /mu/
>>
>>122584722

people don't want to see the choreography type acts live. they don't want the pop and the rap.
>>
>>122585007
More like Doja Rat
>>
>>122584722
>astroturfed (((star))) has no authentic audience

Shocking. Sabrina Carpenter must be shitting her pants seeing this.
>>
>>122584941
I only know one of her songs she did with Travis Scott that I used to listen back when I was a perm-kid
>>
>>122584901

that music is not popular live.

you can buy your way onto playlists. and you can just buy streams. you get paid if a stream plays and you can pay people (and bots) to play your stream.
>>
>>122585188
>Sabrina Carpenter
Crazy how popstars are just going full BIMBO right from the get-go now. That was usually reserved for later in your career.
>>
Despite being the most famous female singer in the world today, this is a strange result!
>>
>>122585188
>astroturfed (((star))) has no authentic audience

she might have an authentic audience, but it's not a live audience. People who actually pay money want to see musicians perform music. not the pop, rap, r&b which has dancers and things like that.
>>
>>122585304

Taylor Swift is the only famous female singer now.

She's alone in her tier, there's an empty tier below her, and then an occupied tier which Sza might occupy or might not, I don't really know or care. A top 40 pop act who is 2 tiers at least below Taylor Swift isn't worth talking about. Or, not here, maybe facebook or some place where really basic people who only know a handful of acts talk about music.
>>
File: IMG_1894.jpg (923 KB, 1170x1198)
923 KB
923 KB JPG
She must have been truly, truly awful for the BBC to have the gall to criticise a female BIPOC.
>>
>>122584871
>>122584872
>>122585079
Wu tang clan member

Rza
Gza
Sza
>>
>>122585348
>The Nubian Queen, 34, didn't quite vibe with the overwhelmingly pale, male, and stale audience after a long weekend. However, Tristan, 22, a member of the LGBTQ+ for BIPOC appreciation society was impressed with the performance and hopes that next year, all 3 nights will have diverse headliners.
>>
>>122585281
nah she's on the wrong side of 25 and has been putting out music for like 10 years.
no one cared about her til she went bbc bimbo but its late in her career by pop whore standards, really a last ditch attempt that worked out
>>
>>122585484
I've literally never heard of this slut before two months ago
>>
File: nme.png (103 KB, 1768x444)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>noooo stop spouting false narratives
>>
File: 1640304123462.jpg (2.39 MB, 1857x2000)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
>>122585706
>NME
>>
>>122585166
God she is ugly, she has a song that samples Angeles by Elliott Smith. She focuses more on suckin’ fuckin’ and twerkin’ then he did I guess
>>
File: IMG_5346.jpg (479 KB, 1027x533)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>122584722
The A in SZA stands for Allah, I wish I was joking

I’ll never understand how a Muslim woman can go up like that and “sing” about niggerish things without wearing hijab
>>
>>122585778
stereotype is a banger
>>
>>122585778
wow... how does it compare to Rolling Stone for example? I know RS are giving 5 stars to random pop albums but I wonder about kpop stuff
>>
>>122585888
Are you sure it’s not a nation of islam reference? That’s a UFO new age religion
>>
>>122584722
expecting a big crowd for sza at glastonbury is like expecting a big crowd for blur at coachella. headline material, just at the wrong fest
>>
>>122585313
I went to hellfest
Metal bands (even babymetal) still draw HUGE crowds it's crazy. And all these nit so well known metal and hard rock bands still play in front of huge audiences
And people told me rock was dead and only pop acts thrive. That's a fake forced narrative
>>
>>122585313
another thing besides the genre is that she became famous only last year, headliners usually have years of success with the closest examples being Coldplay or Arctic Monkeys in the 2000s headlining two years after they became famous, but they were massively successful in the UK (and rock bands)
>>
>>122586103
that's not where the money is though, SZA's last album has 16 billion streams (500m a month), Babymetal's last album flopped but the ones before have like 200m streams
>>
>>122585313
>there is an audience but it isn't live
It's not even alive.
>>
>>122584722
Jesus. There were more people in the crowd when she was a literal who playing some cursed noon slot at her first Coachella, before she even had an album out.
>>
>>122586176
jewish faked listener counts
>>
Why is there a big difference between the number of streams on Spotify and the actual popularity?
>>
>>122586276
define "actual popularity"
>>
>>122586276
Because bots can’t attend concerts.
>>
>>122586276
Because she's more famous in USA, and not so much in UK

Many such cases. The band Morphine were literal who's in USA, while in my country they were huge and had a massive crowd the last time they performed here before Sandman died
>>
What were they thinking putting her on last? The English middle class who attend this thing would attend any slop the BBC put on for them if it was on the first day of the festival.
>>
>>122586323
yougov:

US 57% fame 34% popularity
UK 30% fame 15% popularity

so yeah it's partly that
>>
>>122585778
grim
>>
SZA most famosu album SOS is music for lonely, autistic, depressed people. Not normie sheeple that go to Glastonbury to take selfies.
People who listen to SZA are in their own homes
>>
>>122586438
So is Coldplay but they drew a crowd and were actually quite good. Cope harder, sole SZAutist on /mu/.
>>
Feel bad cos she's unironically better than Dua Lipa and better than Coldplay's recent output (Coldplay's set was banging though)
>>
I really hate the British media's obsession with Glastonbury. The more they cover it the more dickheads turn up the next year and the worse the line-ups get. I also hate the reviews, how can you review a band from what you see on TV? There's a vastly different experience from sitting in your armchair to being in the live audience. Fuck the BBC and the Guardian.
>>
>>122586752
very true
full of tarqs as well
>>
>>122586176
Streams mean nothing if you can't convert it into tickets and merchandising. Live success is an indicator of your long term potential - any young artist that can pack venues, whether they're 3k halls or 10k arenas, is always going to have a loyal following that can be milked even 20 years later. See The Libertines, Supergrass, Manic Street Preachers, Suede... this woman will be regulated to support slots and 100-capacity tents at random bumfuck festivals in 25 years time, assuming she's still in the industry at all
Also Glastonbury is English middle class territory, very few listen to black artists unless its talented 70s guys like Nile Rogers or big boys like Jay Z
>>
>>122586462
Coldplay is a staduim rock band, literally made for a headlining slot.
>>
>>122585178
More like Doja Bacteriostat.
>>
>>122586042
Nah she’s a Muslim that got bullied into not wearing her hijab after 9/11 lmao

She’s like one of those Somali women with her bug eyes, long head and protruding teeth. She truly is an ape
>>
Pop was always a studio first, live performance second genre. Even back in the day nobody ever thought the Supremes or Petula Clark were a better live act than The Who.
>>
>>122586752
Yeah it's weird seeing the BBC News front page covered in Glastonbury stories. I know they air it but imagine if they did that shit for Download or Latitude or whatever? Then again the only "news" I heard about it was seeing Mannequin Pussy play another festival this weekend and the singer was complaining the BBC was calling their band "Mannequin P"
>>
you ever heard how Bon Jovi wanted to tour with pop acts like Bryan Adams but their tour manager insisted they tour with metal bands instead because they had a more solid audience?
>>
>>122587814
>Pop was always a studio first, live performance second genre. Even back in the day nobody ever thought the Supremes or Petula Clark were a better live act than The Who.
lol ok Gramps. back to the rest home with you to banter the Paki nurse about the time you saw the Supremes back in '66.
>>
No shit a fake streaming artist has 0 real audience.
A "generational talent" says Pitchfork. Kek!
>>
>>122587814
Supremes had regular residencies at clubs. Sure, The Who were wilder and more exciting, but that doesn't mean The Supremes were bad.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2) (1).jpg (115 KB, 1280x720)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>122584722
I never listen to her solo work but whenever she is a feature i usually love her performance
Genuinely brings a tear to my eye how she sings in All The Stars, i fuckin love that song
>>
>>122587932
What's the deal with the nigras in school uniforms? They were in that turgid Childish Gambino video too.
>>
>>122587971
Probably to symbolize their youth and innocence maybe thats usually why young people wear school uniforms in anything
>>
>>122587821
The worst thing is people treat it like it's some magical experience. This just encourages more and more plebs to attend who just want to take selfies at the Pyramid Stage. There are also a lot of people breaking in due to fomo.
>>
>>122585484
Naw they boosted the shit out of her advertising and gave her Arianas press tour when Ariana underperformed so bad. Giving Ariana bot streams, releasing like 16 versions of everything, adding her music to bundles attached to other things, putting bundles of her music on sale for like 99 cents etc. They got the streams up but still no one was talking about her or the new music so she quietly backed off and they put Sabrina in, who is the nice white girl version of Ariana anyway. Cute and smol and oversexed
>>
>>122588046
Yeah the fomo is out of control. Plus speaking from my own experience of going to non-Glastobury festivals, I imagine the magic ends for most people by day three. When you're tired, hungover, constipated or have diarrhoea, trying to kill time because the only band you want to see is not on for another four hours so you queue up for yet another beer or sit through some set you don't care about.
>>
>>122584941
>one of those black people shoved in your face
in the USA yes. in the UK she is not really shoved anywhere. just a rando beyonce clone.
>>
>>122585467
this year was diverse: friday was whore roasties, saturday was lgbt+, sunday was non-white
>>
>>122585778
long march through the institutions
>>
Why is it that American music is so terrible these days?
>>
>>122585778
lmao just going all in on getting clicks from teenage rabid fans
>>
>>122588843
after effects of the 2008 recession
>>
https://youtu.be/WNLlzbMOMLE
>>
>>122584722
I had never heard of her so I was over at West Holts watching Justice. Amazing set but felt like they had compression messing with the sound. The drops never felt like drops and the volume was really quiet.
>>
>>122584722
surprised Glastonbury is still going
>>
Thus spoke Zarazua
>>
>>122588843
Post good not american music made these days
>>
>>122589033
It's the biggest UK festival by far and one of the biggest globally behind Coachella, it won't be going for a while
>>
File: 86574.jpg (29 KB, 422x352)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
old lad here
glasto was fucking amazing in the 90s.
only normies bought tickets back then, everyone else just walked in for free.
almost never went to watch the big bands/stages, spent all my time off my nut in random rave tents and hippy fields.
You could literally walk up to anyone there and be instant friends.
It was all great until scouse subhumans found their way down and they had to put up a big fence to keep them out.
Still I thank God everyday that I was a teenager back then and not current era
>>
>>122586830
>Streams mean nothing
ok boomer
>loyal following
>See The Libertines, Supergrass, Manic Street Preachers, Suede
spotify followers:

SZA 21m
Libertines 877k
Manic Street Preachers 688k
Supergrass 607k
Suede 480k

pretty sure this already multi-millionaire woman wouldn't trade places with your forgotten bands
>>
>>122590589
All those bands have and will continue to have books written about them (well except perhaps for the Libertines, who were derivative and only had one good album), artistic credibility, regular collab work and streets named after them in their hometowns. They're all millionaires living happy middle class lives with wives and kids, still making royalty £££, selling 50k+ vinyls/albums a year off the back catalogue alone (their fanbase still buys records), plus reissues, plus several million from solid UK/Ire/US tours. Hardly forgotten. There are loads of examples of bigger acts who disappeared completely.
What is this American slop generators legacy? Beyond your first £5 million, money doesn't matter so much to the mentally well-adjusted. I can't see her or her peers enjoying life as middle aged OnlyFans models in 15 years time
>>
>>122588172
>When you're tired, hungover, constipated or have diarrhoea, trying to kill time because the only band you want to see is not on for another four hours so you queue up for yet another beer or sit through some set you don't care about.

Boo hoo cry more you big baby
>>
Radiohead
Glastonbury 2003
National Anthem
Still unbeaten

https://youtu.be/2po0vONeApg?si=T4bk2Hgdyw27MQTV
>>
>>122590589
How do zoomies like you still not understand that bots exist and think their online numbers indicate real popularity? Even 70 years ago payola was (and still is) a thing.
>>
>>122590882
It would probably be more telling if you could see streams of SZA from the UK as opposed to worldwide
>>
sza popularity is completely fabricated, just like lizzo. no one actually listens to these people lol
>>
>>122586103

Babymetal - that's a bit of the exception that proves the rule - because it's got its choreography. But there is real metal in there. Cute teen girls dancing and real metal.

>fake forced narrative

it's Jews lying and Jews bribing others to lie. It's the Shitmerican Way.

The term "narrative" is new, invented by Jews to replace "Jew lies"

The media, owned by Jews, is not supposed to craft stories, they're supposed to report. That's how it was in real America, Shitmerica has Jew crafted Narratives.

Yes, rock and metal are big. It's more exciting music. People will travel long distances to see a lot of it.

Jews will pummel people over and over with the top 40 trash (straight white men over 18 have learned to completely ignore all that), spending a lot of money and using scarce resources to get people to know and like the trash they're selling. And it doesn't work. Or, to some extent it does, but their return on investment is small.

"Hey fellow fat middle aged Jewess also in charge, why don't we spend $50 Million on making this singer/dancer famous to people who haven't figured out how to ignore us, we can get $25 Million back."

"I'll ask the thinner Jew Faggot what he thinks, Ok, he said that that's a loss of $25 Million but that's ok, because we're just employees and we all have great golden parachutes.:

The people in charge of the big things in Shitmerica are garbage. They're the ones at fault.
>>
>>122587821

for me, it’s Leeds (or Reading if your souf)

the carnage at that festival in the pre-smartphone era is some of my favourite teenage memories
>>
Jan Wenner admitted that white rock dudes were the most interesting interview subjects.
>>
>>122586176

the money is LIVE.

However it's not hard to spend $1 Million to get people to play streams. And you get much of that money back from Spotify.

https://spotifypanel.com/

1,000,000 Spotify Plays. One Million.

$160.00. One Hundred and Sixty Dollars.

A shit ton of plays for almost nothing.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of different services who take your money and get you streams.

The charts are all fake.

If $160 gets you 1 Million.

$160,000 gets you 1 Billion.

And you get money from Spotify for those streams. Spend $160K, get 1 Billion streams, get some of that money back.

That's how the music biz works now.

Except that live acts get paid a lot per show, if it's real music played by real musicians, and the band has real fans.
>>
>>122586184
>It's not even alive.

The bots love it.
>>
>>122586276

it's cheap and easy to

BUY

SPOTIFY

PLAYS

you can use google or another search engine to find hundreds of choices to spend $hundreds to get Millions of streams.

I put a link in a different post. $160 for a Million.

Here's a different link. Always good to see what the prices are - the prices are falling.

https://artistpush.me/collections/spotify-promotion

here, more expensive. 1 million spotify plays for $699. 1 million REAL spotify plays + organic listeners. $1,499.
>>
>>122586294
>bots can’t attend concerts

and people who listen to top 40 pop don't want to attend concerts. (unless Taylor Swift)
>>
>>122590882

the only kind of Payola that is good is the Payola that is illegal.

Local Bands should be able to give the Local DJ (or MD/PD) money or coke for spins.

But that's not ok. Only big companies can arrange elaborate payola schemes so that local bands can't get locally famous.
>>
The actual reason there was hardly anyone there is not because no one knows her or don't like her music, it was more than likely due to the England Vs Slovakia football game taking place at the same time.
>>
>>122585778
Formula of Love deserves it.
>>
>>122584722
I was at glasto with a bunch of lgbt and they all thought she shouldn't be there and most boycotted out of spite.
>>
>>122590996
>telling if you could see streams

you can buy streams for cheap. Not really telling.

A couple weeks back there was a thread about why the black keys and jlo and charli all had problems selling tickets. One of the industry people said something like "we can look at stream counts but we have no clue if those are actual people, actual fans" 1) there's a ton of buying streams, and 2) Shitmerica has a ton of retards who just put on a "basic retard" playlist and have no idea what they're listening to and people who listen to the "basic retard" playlist don't go to shows.

Rock bands aren't spending money to create illusory numbers. They have real fans and make real money live.
>>
>>122584901
sza had a few viral tiktok songs. not a good foundation for a fanbase.
>>
>>122592340
Why? Is she rastafari or hotep or something?
>>
>>122590589

Spotify Followers from Japan

Can you buy them?

Yes you can.

If you wanted to buy 21 Million Spotify Followers, how much would it cost?

https://artistpush.me/collections/spotify-promotion/spotify-followers

100,000 Spotify Followers - $699.
1 Million - $7K
10 Million $70K
20 Million $140K
30 Million $210K

So, by spending $210K, you can get more Spotify followers than Sza.
>>
>>122589379

The UK has a lot of stuff. For the last 60 years, the UK and the US have made most of the music, especially hits.

Ozzy Osborne (UK) is currently #1 on the active rock charts in the US, with Crack Cocaine.
>>
>>122588843

Like almost everything if something is terrible, it's because of the Jews.
>>
>>122588283
>long march through the institutions

Gramsci - Communist

"Lets take the music industry jobs and give them to middle aged fat Jew dykes"
>>
>>122585888
She used to be so much prettier.
>>
>>122588991
Sound issues all over the shop this year. Even the big acts on the Main stage were plagued by it
>>
>>122592249
The England match was over way before she came on stage
>>
Fantastic effort thread btw

>>122588926
Just say Obama
>>
>>122585166
Damn what happened to GZA
>>
>>122584722
no one knows who she is in this country apart from apparently teenage girls
>>
>>122585393
i genuinely waa finkin diss when i heard that sza was headlining kek
>>
>>122585888
she was such a qt before
why are women so dedicated to making themselves look as bad as possible
>>
>>122592364
this but unironically. I personally like some of her songs, but most artists today will have millions, a billion streams. doesn't mean shit when it's all tiktok shit.
>>
>>122584901
sounds like fake streams
>>
It's just bad booking. She would've done great on a different slot. Must've gotten that Blackrock money 'innit.
>>
File deleted.
>>122585166
Damn!
>>
>>122585888
From sugar to shit baka
>>
Why didn't Glastonbury choose Avril Lavigne as the headliner?
https://youtu.be/-66fWsPnG_U
>>
Yes, it means rock music is not dead.
>>
>>122587821

I am pleased that Mannequin Pussy is making news over there in the UK.

pol should be generally enthused about Mannequin Pussy. Fresh Punk Sounds, hard, top reviewed. Pitchfork BNM is what pol was 10-15 years ago, and it's BNM. The newest indie rock that really rocks and is good. Something that you can go see.

https://youtu.be/r-YStcxi4kQ?si=2PS9leOGQuoLEalV
>>
>>122587821
https://youtu.be/_jD4Z0Ht-KY?si=x154J7hxTUV2lvnV

Outback Fest 2022 - Mannequin Pussy
>>
>>122587834

but, he's right. Top 40 Pop has always been seen as inferior and inconsequential. For 12 year old girls hearing their very first songs, fat middle aged women and (some) fags.
>>
>>122588071

You are talking about a style of music that people don't pay for, don't go to see live.

There might be 10 pop tours going on simultanously and 5 are cancelled for underperformance? Not good. Meanwhile there are 10 rock shows a night in every city.

MSM - which has no real connection to top 40 pop, they might like it, but they could easily completely ignore it and go back to the model of The Archies - could shine the light on rock acts that are touring, which would cause the number of people at the venue to go up, perhaps seatgeek tix go up in price - all of that helps the band and/or Live Nation.

A major label wouldn't spend the money to get a rock band on top 40 pop radio (that often). It costs a lot of money to bribe who you need to bribe to get a top 40 pop hit, and you don't sell records for $10 anymore. Live Nation has a stronger incentive to pay the bribe money. Live Nation probably thinks that Live Nation isn't going to be broken up because they're acting like a monopoly, so they think they probably have a long future booking bands into venues. Spending money on giving hits to bands who love to tour and tour very often is likely to be for the benefit of Live Nation.
>>
>>122589379

https://youtu.be/GgyQufB1Yic?si=EfzZ4Sz566vONHaC
>>
>>122585166
It’s obvious that she’s super self conscious about how she looks. Weird vibe. I actually like her though. She’s got a phantom on the ghetto/Roy Orbison thing going on. Don’t forget she’s wearing a wig too lol
>>
>>122585888
she was pretty, and then paid to hit the wall harder and earlier than normal
many such cases

sad
>>
she hurtin
>>
>>122592442
>believes everything he reads
go back to /pol/ dipshit
>>
File: joos.gif (201 KB, 680x340)
201 KB
201 KB GIF
>>122592489
>Like almost everything if something is terrible, it's because of the Jews.
>>
>>122590882
>boomer pretends to understand how streaming works
sad
>>
>>122585166
thats a shame, she was great as the bald guy in stargate
>>
>>122587825
were you a hero in the war gramps?
>>
>>122599555
no, but I served in a company of heroes
>>
>>122589379
https://youtu.be/Pudux9RKL9I
>>
>>122590589
This just proves his point even more. Streams aren't a main factor when it comes to gigs
>>
>>122584901
Bots don’t attend festivals. The streaming numbers are a total fabrication.
I have never even heard of SZA
>>
>>122584871
Bogged female rapper
>>
>>122590589
>proves boomer anon point
Thanks for your service Capt Zoomer
>>
>>122586830
They are more liberal types no? It's the lower classes who dislike BAMEs, vote reform party etc
>>
>>122590589
Found her id folks. Tell us about yourself SZA what sort of music do you make?
>>
>>122590838
Karna police live was even better imo
>>
>>122591578
Lizzo is a nigger bitch singer whose songs contains vocabulary such as fuckin, suckin, twerkin for those who don't know. She quit music recently for *coughs* body shaming and targeted abuse. Good fucking riddance.
>>
>>122591578
https://youtu.be/WL2n_8pII9s
>>
>>122592476
>Crack Cocaine.
sounds a lot like Perry Mason

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.