[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 128417-the-weeknd-orig-1.jpg (265 KB, 2000x1334)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>Mogs all pop artists
>Revolutionised R&B
>Does not have a fanbase full of teenage girlies
>Enjoyable music
Why does /mu/ hate him?
>>
I totally didn’t see this guy getting that huge.
I thought his style was kinda neat, the drugged out, depressing ass R&B. I first heard him via Juicy J, lmao.
>>
>>122584831
Was there ever anyone like him who is so ubiquitously popular while still being not all that relevant? Maybe like back in the 50s or something with people like Bing crosby
>>
>>122584831
Need it or keep it?
>>
I just think his songs are garbage for the most part. I like a couple, but I just have no idea how people like his stuff so much. That blinding lights song is just a meh song yet it's the most streamed ever?
>>
The most freemason slop ever. His first album was good when he was doing something interesting. He sold out fucking hard.
>>
>>122585699
he makes a simpleton's idea of 80's music for people who have never actually listened to music made in the 1980's. it's the most dishonest coward garbage anyone has ever made but of course zoomers lap that shit up because they don't know shit from shit.
>>
>>122585840
yeah but I actually like pop music and I genuinely like most stuff from popular artists, but him I just can't get into aside from a couple songs like Starboy, and it just confuses me as to how he got so big. If he was just some upper-middle tier artist then I could see so, but not generational best.
>>
>>122584831
>>Enjoyable music
lol
>>
>>122584831
/mu/ has shit taste and would rather "talk" (and by talk I mean coom) about whatever female artist that's popular nowadays like Billy Eyelash or something. You know this already.
>>
>>122587186
That is what the shills try to force upon this board I think you mean
>>
>>122584831
As far as mainstream pop music goes, he's the best by a wide margin.
>>
All of his songs sound like stuff i've heard before a thousand times
>>
>>122584831
He's contemporary dollar store MJ, and I know my words are not original.
>>
Brent Faiyaz mogs him
>>
>Revolutionized R&B
>Is a Michael Jackson ripoff
>>
>>122584831
im pretty sure his fanbase is entirely teenage girls and normies who listen to what evers on the radio, do you remember that episode of american dad?
>>
>>122584831
Give it time. Even MJ wasn't widely adored and respected until early to mid 90s. Similarly the weekends earlier work will be most praised but won't be a house hold name for a few years. He may at some point eclipse MJ but now I'm just talking out my ass. Still, wait and see at the very least he is on pace
>>
>>122584831
>that haircut
tell this nigga that he's amhara not some bantu dweller of congo forests
>>
I don't hate him. The best concert I've ever been to was The Weeknd on the Starboy tour.
>>
>>122589915
Well MJ is dead, so gimme The Weeknd
>>
>>122584831
Knock off Twin Shadow at the beginning.
>>
>>122585840
>implying his max martin written songs wouldnt have been huge in the 80s
disingenuous
>>
>scuffed michael jackson
no thx
>>
>>122594870
>Well MJ is dead, so gimme poophead
Fuck you
>>122594858
You've been to too few concerts then you dumb fucking cunt.
>>
File: 1668691585902438.jpg (17 KB, 276x276)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>likes dream pop and post punk
>made second best mixtapes of last decade (behind Exmilitary of course)
>unashamed womaniser while still not having anything outright creepy come out about him
I like him, seems like an interesting bloke to talk to
>>
File: I_feel_it_comin.png (186 KB, 810x550)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
This track was great and the video was kino and if you were filtered by it you are ngmi
>>
>>122589915
MJ if he was a real nigga
>>
File: IMG_5111.jpg (61 KB, 750x750)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>122584831
mogged by Lacy. Lacy mogs all RNB and pop slop
>>
>>122584831
This a 6ix God board
>>
>>122584831
Is op a faggot or just making things out of his ass
>Mogs all pop artists
No they're equally shit, also joji is better imo
>Revolutionised R&B
Not really revolutionised, but just made it more mainstream
>Does not have a fanbase full of teenage girls
Lmao he does
>Enjoyable music
Trash.
>Why does /my/ hat him
COZ HE SUCKS.
>>
/mu/ is a Drake board

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.