[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ujnftllosnk11.jpg (127 KB, 1080x943)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Why is she so overrated?

She's so mediocre compared to even other contempary pop artists even Justin Beiber has a better discography and he's gotten way more hate.
>>
>>122585953
People hate Taylor Swift’s music because it challenges and forces them to slow down, digest and engage deeper with what they’re audibly consuming. Instant gratification is ruining our ability to fully appreciate music
>>
File: 1689525608069381.webm (1.79 MB, 1280x720)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB WEBM
>>122586022
>>
>>122586022
This is pretty good.
>>
>>122585953
I'm going to submit that it's becuase her lyrics tap into the zeitgeist of women, specifically emotional heterosexual relationship stuff
The music is inoffensive and mostly irrelevant - - in fact, it's better off for being bland because the focus is squarely on lyrics
You can play it for anybody and it won't offend their sensibilities. It's basically "literally me" for the largest possible demographic of women

It's as simple as that. Beyoncé, huge as she is is inherently counter-cultural ("you don't like it becuase it's not 'for you'")
Taylor succeeds by being for the largest demographic with zero transgression

She will go down in history as a top recording artist but her songs will not remain in rotation.
>>
How is she overrated? Pop music is popular -> she's a popstar -> currently the most popular one because the others are even worse/not as good -> everything she outs out will be popular because everybody already knows her name
Simple as that, pure inertia
>>
>>122585953
She started off with more money since she grew up rich and privileged, and she has the entire mainstream media kiss her ass 24/7, probably because she pays them to do so. So yeah, I attribute it to just higher initial capital.
>>
>>122586022
Nah, I don't think "I hate all my ex-boyfriends because I'm too much of a narcissist to take responsibility for my own relationship failures." has a deeper meaning.
>>
>>122585953
She's an amazing businesswoman and is really good at making her fans feel like they have a very intimate relationship with her through the music, and so they engage with her music in a much different way than they do with other pop that they just dance to and listen to because it makes them feels good.
>>
>>122585953
She saw what Pewdiepie did with his active attempt to cultivate a parasocial relationship with his fans and just copied it. I actually respect Pewdiepie more though because he openly admits that's what he did and doesn't even try to deny it, while Swift tries to act like she's anything but a cutthroat.
>>
>>122588210
That's what bothers me the most about Taylor Swift - the fact that she's completely fake in everything she says and does. If she would just admit that she's a narcissist who exploits her fans, I would have no problem with her, but she pretends to be some pillar of the community.
>>
>>122585953
Its palpable to your average woman because her music and lyricism have themes that deflect a womans ultimate weakness, taking accountability in relationships and life decisions.
>>
>>122588335
Men don't want women to take control or accountability in their relationships or decisions
>>
>>122588270
Narcissists have little self awareness and no empathy. They may have a lot of awareness of how they manipulate people yet be blind and deaf to why that is wrong. It matches their need for narcissistic supply. They occasionally inadvertently admit to lying and deception.
She's just the white Beyonce.
>>
>>122589397
Beyonce is not narcisistic. Especially these days, where she just fucked off from the limelight and releases album with 0 hype behind them. Her music is rubbish tho.

Taylor Swifty is extremely narcisistic and petty, and holds grudges for ever.
>>
>>122589611
>and holds grudges for ever.
It actually really struck me how her latest album had lines about her high school boyfriend just being kind of shitty. That was 20 years ago now and she's still writing songs about it.
>>
>>122589611
>Beyonce is not narcisistic
lol
>>
>>122589611
>Beyonce is not narcisistic
Whatever you say Jay.
>>
File: E0QvyNwXoAIpZJp.jpg (30 KB, 320x364)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>122586022
>People hate Burger King's food because it challenges and forces their insides to slow down, digest and engage deeper with what they're consuming

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.