[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>A Day in the Life
Why the fuck did John let Paul absolutely ruin one of the greatest song ever written with his pop bubblegum nonsense second half. What a fucking atrocity.
>>
the "somebody spoke and I went into a dream" part is one of the best parts of the song, though.
>>
>>122588265
pleb detected
>>
>>122588265
Filtered
>>
>>122588265
retard
>>
>>122588345
>>122588342
>>122588308
>>122588290
ok monarchists lol
>>
>>122588265
it wouldn't be as interesting if it was only John's half
it only works as a composition that dwells between psychedelic pop and british grandma music
it's the quintessential Beatles song for that reason
>>
>>122588290
this, fpbp, OP sucks cock
>>
>>122588265
They were both half-songs tied together to make one of the greatest songs ever. It wouldn't be as great without Paul's part
>>
How about the chorus to 50 ways to leave your lover by Paul Simon though. Completely kills the melancholic mood established by the verse. Not saying the song doesn't need a change of pace for the chorus because the role filled by this school rhyme bullshit is understood. Just wish it was something better
>>
>>122588265
i like it, one of the best parts of the beatles is that they never got too ponderous to lose their sense of humour and lightness. john's solo stuff suffers from this and i say that as a johnfag
>>
>>122588265
why the fuck do artists do things i dont like? absolutely ruins my day and i hate it
>>
paul actually makes this song interesting, its fine with johns part but Paul pulls out his best granny shit for this one
>>
>>122588425
for that same reason Baby You're a Rich Man is one of their most quintessential tracks
>>
>>122588265
Am I the only one who always liked Paul’s parts the most
>>
>>122589317
john had the worst solo career not counting ringo
>>
>>122589488
ive always been a paul fag since I was 14 when i was briefly a john fan and realized paul's attitude and humor and his endless shit eating grin you can hear in his compositions along with his gentle soul he occasionaly brings out makes him the only rounded out beatle
>>
>>122589515
Paul had a knack for melody that the other members of the Beatles were sorely lacking. He was obviously the most competent songwriter, and it isn't even close.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.