[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1371.jpg (19 KB, 480x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Economy collapse?
GM going under?
A black president?
What are you talking about man? Come on, me and Arab got something new for you to listen to. Clear your head of all that nonsense

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TfRgt5zcgtE
>>
>>122593395
2008 is not going to be kind to you
>>
Lmao, Arab, I remember this dude. They had a big falling out.
>>
>>122593395
How did Soulja Boy blow it so hard? He was all anyone could talk about in 2007. By 2008 he was a joke
>>
>>122594947
He was only ever popular in the first place because of a novelty song. He had no real legs to stand on.
>>
/mu/ needs to realize that soulja is kino
>>
didnt he go bankrupt trying to sell chinese game consoles?
>>
>>122593395
Posting kino
https://youtu.be/m-fL-vdcBWo?si=Ce1KHZEoJV_7BxUd
>>
>>122594947
He was really good at using emerging social media to market himself and his music. That also let him get his dance to stick which is what really made him take off. But once the next dance showed up, people noticed his music really isn’t good and that was the end of it. Iirc his first album sold decently but all the reviews for it said it was shit. Just a flash in the pan
>>
>>122595875
He bought someone else Chinese game consoles and then resold them at a higher price. Same box, name and everything. Just reselling something that wasn’t that hard to get
>>
The mid to late 00s was full of one hit wonder pop rappers like this guy, Akon, and Chamillionaire.
>>
>>122596494
Akon was on a lot of features though
>>
>>122596026
I like how in late 00s rap videos the pinnacle of wealth is a Dodge Charger/Magnum or Chrysler 300. You got one of those and you were doing big things
>>
>>122596494
Akon maintained a few years of relevance. Chamillionaire never made it past one, but it was big enough to get Weird Als attention.

Shop Boyz are another one
>>
>>122594947
He was like a proto meme artist. The song in the OP is a good example where he is yelling as loud as he can into the mic. It caught on, but once the joke wasn’t funny anymore he didn’t have much else going for him
>>
>>122596494
Akon was huge, he was everywhere for a few years. Totally not in the same category.
>>
>>122593395
Why the fuck did Soulja Boys main side rapper person decide to call himself fucking arab thats like if I decided to become a rapper and I called my name Black or Hispanic or something
>>
>>122596494
Akon had several hit songs and sold a few albums well.
>>
>>122600493
his government name is “Abrahim Mustafa”, so one of his parents is from east Africa

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.