[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1698697283556.jpg (361 KB, 1400x1050)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
heh...listen kid...word of advice, don't start a band...you'll get fucked in the poopy by the music industry heheh...the bastards are gonna use you like a fleshlight...maybe a purple sporky one...giraffe! zoot suit!

not me though i'm freakin cool and smoke a cigarette also buy my records
>>
>>122595810
He was marketing towards other retards. The target demopgraphic for who buys Zappa Albums probably thought this was the most le heckin badass thing ever. That's why they were listening to Zappa and not The Index or The Deviants.
>>
>>122596944
yea why arent people listening to {forgotten band noone gives a shit about}
>>
>>122596944
Zappa still top 50 guitarists.
Where’s lou reed on the list?
Thats right. No where.
>>
>>122598057
Nobody remembers or gives a shit about Frank Zappa you retard,The Index are arguably one of those bands that has a bigger following due to the internet same with The Deviants. I would say at this point all three are equally obscure though.You thinking "normies" care or know who Zappa was only shows how sad your life is.
>>122598138
What the fuck are you referencing though? He made several Rolling Stones lists when I checked and some local rock radio list type things and is also definitely also featured on a lot of RYM lists. They're in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and The National Library of Congress too I'm pretty sure. Also in terms of recognizability The Velvet Underground clearly rank higher in a modern context. Your own personal top 50? Realistically CAN is also more popular than Zappa at this point btw. Zappa is an artist who aged very poorly and thus unless you're over 50 you're probably not going to recognize or care about him.
>>
>>122598057
Objectively CAN,Jimi Hendrix,The Velvet Underground,Shocking Blue,and Magma at very least all have more visible modern day fanbases than Zappa does especially fucking Jimi Hendrix. The Dead does aswell. Zappas Music aged poorly and is generally pretty one dimensional so it simply didn't as much.
>>
>>122598179
>shocking blue
You’re basing fanbases off of Spotify listeners aren’t you? No one knows who the fuck the are apart from that song

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.