[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: show.jpg (771 KB, 1419x937)
771 KB
771 KB JPG
Are there any good venues in LA that aren't pozzed, specifically for punk shows and the like?

Something like Resident Advisor but for punk and metal or alternative or anything interesting is also helpful

Any major scene is welcome to be shared, I just asked for LA because its the nearest major city near me and I don't want to die a shut in
>>
>>122597795
>punk venue
>non pozzed

pick one lol
but in general the way to sniff out your local underground scene is either ask around at record stores for any cool shows coming up, or see if there's any gig flyers or posters at said record stores, then look up the promoters of those gigs and follow on instagram
>>
>>122597795

this is a fun game. new twist on the game, you're asking for possibly good shows, in la, punk shows and the like.

here goes, looking at pollstar, LA market.

Jul
Redd Kross at Alex's Bar
Redd Kross
Alex's Bar
Long Beach, CA

Jul
The Early November at The Observatory
The Early NovemberHellogoodbye
The Observatory
Santa Ana, CA

From Autumn To Ashes at EchoPlex
From Autumn To AshesDead AmericanStateside
EchoPlex
Los Angeles, CA

Jul
The Church,The Afghan Whigs at The Theatre At Ace Hotel
The ChurchThe Afghan WhigsEd Harcourt
The United Theater On Broadway
Los Angeles, CA

Jul
Goldfinger at The Wiltern
GoldfingerSave FerrisUnwritten LawUrethane
The Wiltern
Los Angeles, CA
>>
>>122597795
>pozzed
Whenever you get around to asking around in real life, I hope you use the word "pozzed" like you did here just so you have to explain the meaning & etymology of that word to people. I dare you.
>>
>>122600090
It's when homosexuals intentionally infect themselves or others with an STD for clout. The same way libshits do with self-abnegating socio-political positions.
You gonna get me cancelled now? Hit me with a skateboard?
>>
>>122600319
No. Pozzed refers to any means of contracting VD. It doesn't have to be intentional, especially since the only people who do such things did it because they melted their brains with meth.
>>
>>122597795
uhhh yea come south to my shows in sd
>>
If I want to see live music I gotta go to Brooklyn. All the venues in Brooklyn are owned by the same person but it's always a good time, some 50-60 people packed in a little bar. Always something good playing. Live musics not so bad,
Especially if you really like the band then it's well worth a trip to see them perform.
>>
>I don't want to die a shut in
>is worried about things that are "pozzed or not"
lol

lmao

roflcopter, perchance.
>>
Alexs Bar in LBC, 1720 DTLA, Bellweather DTLA, Zebulon Silver Lake, Permanent Records Cypress Park, Baked Potato Studio City.
>>
>>122600468
Umm yes and OP was asking about gay sex shows not some music shows. That is what punk means after all.
>>
>>122600058
>>122600820
all pozzed im afraid

>>122597795
venues you should support are the teragram ballroom and the venice west. two places that aren't afraid to host artists cancelled by the woke mob

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.