[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

There's always queen/king of [genre]. I don't really hear people call Taylor this label though.
What's the actual answer? I don't want fake answers like:
>b-because she sucks >:(
Millions love her. Why aren't THEY calling her queen of pop?
Does she have too many genres? Does queen/king of pop just sound lame? Is she above such a generic label?
>>
>>122598553
Not music related.
>>
>>122598553
the culture would never call her queen, because she sucks.
her fans would never call her queen, because they mostly see her as a teenage girl who's just like them.
/thread
>>
>>122598569
Shit answer.
>>
she's one of my queens as an agp trans
>>
>>122598553

ever see Rollerball? the first one from the 70s. The big company didn't really like that everyone loved Jonathan.

They don't like that she's bigger than her competition combined. And they don't really like that she's bigger than they are. They don't like that she can say "screw you" to Hollywood and make their own deal with AMC, bypassing the studio. Etc, etc. Taylor Swift couldn't have gotten where she is now without the help of big MSM, but she has vastly surpassed what big MSM push has been able to get for anyone else ever. In that Top 40 Pop category, she's the biggest by far, so big that it's really kinda pointless to talk about anyone else in that category except as distant also rans.

big MSM wants to be the important one, wants to be seen as the important one, but with Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift is the important one.
>>
Because her fans think she is THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. There are no kings or queens in their world, just one woman to consoom.
>>
>>122598613
Good answer.
>>
>>122598553
She's taking up too much oxygen and making it hard for people to launch any kind of music career worth anything. The Taylor Swift machine is giant, cloying and suffocating. Big picture, Taylor has taken more than she's contributed to music. Brazenly copies off her contemporaries to chase trends and every protest she's lodged against a big power was done so with the intent to line her own pockets. Not very representative of a queen, especially a coastal elite who was handed the keys to a career from a very early age, unlike Madonna from Street Rape, Michigan.
>>
>>122598668
Based Taylor Swift.
>>
>>122598553
Once she outsells madonna in a year or so they call her queen of pop
>>
>>122598680
Off topic but Madona has a song I love (Angel) but my aux always plays that song at a softer volume than the rest of the songs. How do I fix this?
>>
>>122598553
She doesn't really have the hits for it. The last big one was Cruel Summer which came out in 2019.

No Fortnight was not a hit
>>
>>122598787
She has consistently had a few mega hits every few years since like 2008 bro
>>
>>122598553
She's regularly labeled both queen and king.
>>
She's the queen of basic white women
>>
>>122598602
>They don't like that she's bigger than her competition combined. And they don't really like that she's bigger than they are.
They've been wanting to make a country turned pop star for decades. Or folk turned country. Last one was Shania, but she lost her voice.
If they regret it now, they created their own monster.
>>
>>122598862
Only her retarded fanbase remembers those mediocre songs. Nothing close to a classic
>>
>>122598553
That's because we're beyond peak pop.
This isn't the greatest age for pop or rock for that matter.
Those genres had their heyday up to the 90s.
I mean the king and queen of pop were already settled by the time the 90s hit. They were MJ and Madonna. No revisions.
>>
She doesn't have any memorable songs.
Stats alone don't make someone a great figure in music.
You can game the system to get great stats with the streamers, social media, touring, promotion, paid studio mercenaries.
But that won't make you great in music.
Don't mistake great stats in bullshit charts with memorability or musical quality.
>>
>>122598553
She can still be the queen of cottagecore and LDR cosplay. I think the public would have zero issues awarding those belts. Pop and country have long been established, kiddo.
>>
>>122598787

she's number 1 on the album chart right now. About 6 of the top 50 albums are Taylor Swift.

She absolutely crushes all top 40 pop females all time. You can call her queen of music.

On the year Hot 200 albums, Taylor Swift is

1, 9, 10, 13, 20, 26, 43, 46, 50

3 of the top 10
9 of the top 50

crazy, record setting numbers, pretty much just like last year 20-30% of the album chart is Taylor Swift, multiple years.

Any female top 40 pop is third tier and inconsequential compared to Taylor Swift.
>>
>>122600685

they're always trying to do something, but Taylor Swift is one of the few who vastly exceeds what MSM is capable of doing.

Trump / Swift 2024
>>
she’s a crossover artist, but only for women. men do not listen to Taylor swift unless they’re trying to get laid or appease a girlfriend. everyone listened to Michael Jackson
>>
>>122601666

digits there.

No doubt that music, especially music pushed hard by MSM, has gotten worse. The classics were a long time ago.
>>
>>122601806

No, Taylor Swift is pop and is clearly bigger than either MJ or Madonna. But no one cares about titles, and Taylor Swift is queen of music at this point, there's no reason to say she's just pop, she started with country, she could do a rock album, or multiple rock albums.
>>
>>122602079
Bigger in a shittier age for music doesn't say much.
We've living in a cultural wasteland and what she and others produce is sonic waste, not music.
Rehashings of 80s stuff updated with modern production done in the latest trendy package, just nothing that will be remembered beyond this decade.

So you can keep inssisting ooh no she's much bigger because everyone listens to that single megastar in a cultural wasteland. Yea because there is no functional musical scene, only a bunch of psychopaths like Swift who learned how to game the system and score all those stats, now in a crepuscular age for music when it's much easier to become viral among the great dumbified masses

I mean someone like Kanye was able to become big and he can't even sing or play any instrument, as far as I know
>>
>>122602079
>No, Taylor Swift is pop and is clearly bigger than either MJ or Madonna.
what are you talking about, no she’s not
it’s not even possible right now for a musical artist to have more reach than back in the 80s or 90s
>>
>>122601828

Well, of course we know that top 40 pop has always been garbage. So, sure you are likely to be able to find fault with someone who is creating music in a genre that is known for sucking. Top 40 pop is garbage, but Taylor Swift has completely crushed all the top 40 pop females ever. 9 of the top 50 albums - on the year. Absolutely crazy album sales. Actually sells a lot of physical, too. Sells maybe 1-5 M vinyl lps every year. This week she had the 2 album in vinyl sales, and had about 50K sales over all her albums.
>>
>>122602079
Taylor is nowhere close to what MJ was in his heyday and she's still playing catch up with Madonna commercially. Time to put the negroni down and realize that these gulfs exist even with the benefit of the internet and countless reissues of singles and albums. Taylor has almost doubled over her entire discography and still cannot surpass 20 years into the game.
>>
>>122602131
Yes culture has become worse and people have become dumber.
So they buy more dumbed down shit
Idiocracy is already here, it's no longer a movie.
And Swift knows it, she knows how to cook this lowest common denominator rehashed crap stolen from previous artists to preset it as the latest grand synthesis in pop

And it doesn't impress me one bit
>>
>>122602033
>everyone listened to Michael Jackson

false

straight white men find out before they're 20 how to completely ignore and shut away top 40 hits. When almost everybody says they don't know a Drake song, but like his meme poses, they aren't lying. Straight white men over 18 (and probably 14) know nothing of top 40 pop. Any argument would be about whether a certain ethnic group counts as white. The whiter the white, the more they like rock and country, and in really cold parts of the world there are a lot of metal bands - Scandinavia mostly.

Black men are more likely to listen to Michael Jackson than Taylor Swift.
>>
>>122602114

Taylor Swift will still be doing stadiums if she isn't VP or Pres at the end of the decade unless she wants to do otherwise. All the others go away as soon as they stop having hits on the radio unless their type of top 40 pop had more instruments than choreography.

Top 40 pop has always been trash. Most radio versions of the rock things aren't as good as the indie versions. We know this. Happy 12 year old girl songs for 12 year old girls and (some) fags. Sad roastie songs for sad roasties. Not as much of that today, CHR was a better format than top 40, they should go back to CHR and squeeze down and away all the hype given to top 40 pop and give it to the top acts on the other formats who draw big numbers live.

Top 40 pop is 12 year old girl music "the first song I really liked". It shouldn't be hyped as something good for adults. The 12 year old girl market seems pretty stationary, they could hit it with anything and the 12 girls would like it (in theory). "Well that was Megan Traynor with "My Ass (look how big it got), here's Lorna Shore with "Animal grunts and squeals"."
>>
>>122602285
I'm a hapa and never heard Drake. I think? Must be the Scandi side.
>>
>>122602123

totally wrong. Taylor Swift is, right now, shattering all records, live and on billboard album chart, as well as everything else.

Taylor Swift is well beyond all top 40 pop. There are rock bands who have been playing stadiums for many decades, Paul McCartney. Hard to know exactly how to compare the legend rock bands with huge numbers, Elvis, Garth Brooks, to Taylor Swift, but TS romps over other top 40 pop. Neither MJ or Madonna did anything particularly impressive live in terms of numbers. The Jacksons Victory tour either got cancelled or didn't do well, and that was supposed to be the huge post Thriller tour. Madonna mostly played arenas.
>>
>>122598686
Raise the volume
>>
>>122602143

We know that albums don't get sold much anymore.

It seems that you would like to count physical album sales.

Live is more important than recorded in terms of the money. Taylor Swift's tour is by far the biggest in history. By the end, something like 3-4 Billion dollars Neither MJ nor Madonna have dominated the charts the way Taylor Swift is right now, and has continuously been for well over a year.
>>
>>122602467
If everyone who makes music died, except Swift, she would probably break even more records
She really has a lot of competition that is stopping her from realising her true value
>>
>>122602201

why would you want to look for quality on top 40 pop radio? It has always been garbage. And yes, everything in the US only gets worse.

Taylor Swift is just more likeable especially to her core fans, female 12-35 or so. They sure do spend a lot of money on her.

Idiocracy was better than today. Go to Starbucks and get a blow job. Not bad. "I was already in there" gets you out of jail. The government is paying to chop dicks off. The current reality.

We have Planet of the Apes, the Terminator and Skynet, Robocop, the Hunger Games, Twelve Monkeys - etc etc which are the not so fun movies that are similar to today.

Nobody should be saying that top 40 pop is good, but just that Taylor Swift is the most popular at it, ever, and that there is nobody current that's anywhere near as big as she is, in the world of top 40 pop. She's Jonathan, bigger than the system.

Trump / Swift 2024
>>
Aretha Franklin is the queen, she ain't ded yet. Bless your hearts.
>>
>>122602432

The straight white man develops the ability to completely tune out and ignore top 40 pop. Also many other radio formats. I'm not suggesting mixed race or non white males can't also have the ability to avoid top 40 pop. It's just that northern european straight white males do. You could have gotten it genetically from a Scandinavian side.

Drake is the guy in the meme, the top picture is the "oh, no, I don't want that, I don't want to even see it get away" of Drake and the bottom picture is "welcome, now you got it, now I'm happy". So you might not know any Drake songs, I don't, but you should know the guy on the meme. He's wearing a red jacket.
>>
heh, well i'd rather call her 'bean' LOL
>>
>>122602615
>She really has a lot of competition

no she doesn't. what is remarkable is how much bigger she is than any of her peers. 3-5 x bigger. Having such a big gap between the top one - Taylor Swift - and the 3rd tier, with, I don't know - Sza played Glastonbury as a headliner, no one showed up - would she be in consideration for 3rd tier after empty tier?

Who really cares, we know that Taylor Swift is the best at top 40 music, money wise, and that nobody else is close, and that top 40 pop is and has always been trash music for 12 year old girls. And it actually kinda fucked up to spend time talking about music designed for 12 year old girls. You're intentionally listening to music for 12 year old girls? Do you eat dog food or cat food? Is there some guy on youtube eating cans of cat food and telling us what to eat? "fancy feast shootout"
>>
>>122602615
>If everyone who makes music died,

they would sign the casts of Nickelodeon and Disney live action teen sitcoms. I think they're going to do that anyway.
>>
>>122598553
because is a goddess
>>
>>122598553
The go gay for tay tay psyop hasn't taken over yet, I'd lick the cum out of her pussy. She's my queen.
>>
>>122602467
>>122602817
what in the zoomer revisionist history bullshit are you trying to pull lmao? you must be 16 or trolling. Michael Jackson has sold over 500 million albums, and his cultural power was top down. if you had access to MTV in the 80s and 90s you were going to be watching Michael Jackson music videos regularly, regardless of who you were. it is literally impossible for the music industry to capture as big of a market thanks to the internet

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.