[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0990.png (1.64 MB, 1000x1000)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
Tell me one drum moment in all metallica
>>
>>122601379
I don't really like drums.
>>
Frayed ends of sanity
Drum fill after solo
Simple and cool
>>
The one when Lars goes ba-dum-tssssss
That was one for the history books
>>
The double kick break in FFWF is cool. Sure it's slow by today's standards, or even 1986 standards, but I can imagine it got a lot of younger bands inspired to do better.
>>
Double kick leading into the breakdown before the solo of One.

Lars is an asshole with limited talent who did way too many fills but he had his moments.
>>
whiplash. coke-fueled late '80s insanity.
>>
landmine has taken my sight
>>
>>122601379
Sad But True does the job. It doesn't need to be more.
>>
Where the wild things are bridge
>>
>>122601379
Disposable Heroes section 4 minutes in. Tastier than your favorite thrash band's entire ouevre put together
>>
Motorbreath intro
>>
Hit the lights intro, specially those gentle cymbals just before the riff starts
>>
The entirety of S&M2 for being the worst drum performance in history
>>
>>122601379
the intro to Harvester of Sorrow
>>
most drums on first four albums are more interesting than any rival band of the time, because as flemming said, lars thought tactically where each fill goes, how they had to be special and such. also dynamics, leaving explosive drumming for pinnacle moments. it was very progressive thinking and he could go easily 60 minutes 200 bpm slamming the drums live so it had very little to do with lack of ability. he went all out as shown on damage inc, fight fire, you can see it on live videos during the 80s, point was to just be more creative about the flow of the songs and some legendary fills can be found in blackened and freyed ends
>>
>>122604088
No he couldn't. Dyers Eve was entirely spliced because he couldn't do it. Talented at arranging, sure. Talented at drumming, sure, but not what you're saying.
>>
>>122601379
1. One double kick lick as others have said
>>122601467
>>122601550

2. For Whom The Bell Tolls Tom matching riff part and tom snare fills in verse. These were quite nuanced for 1983 heavy metal and its closest to a shuffle Lars gets.

3. Disposable heros again matching riiff with Toms but its in weird time signature. This song is an impressive drum performance thruout especially for 1985.

4. Dyers eve max thrashing speed Lars can go (with lots of help from tape editing)

5 St Anger trash can snare sound. Its very distinctive you must admit.
>>
>>122604294
you should realise dyers eve double bass was incredibly challenging for the time, specifically for the bpm it was at, just 10 or even 5 less would have been doable and all drummers today record that exact way which has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
>>
>>122601467
AJFA was his peak drum work, and he knew it because he proceeded to fuck over Newsted so his drum tracks could get more spotlight
Damn I hate this guy
>>
>>122601379
There's this one really sloppy sounding double kick fill near the end of the song And Justice For All that always sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise pretty tight song
>>
>>122604374
Also the toms on enter sandman and snare+crash licks

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.