[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Fuck
Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, Tidal….
Fuck them all.

Where can I download music with metadata in a reasonable resolution per space ratio?
I have .FLAC files, but my library is going to occupy 100GB, that’s not cool. Is there any source to download in 256kbps with metadata?
>>
>>122601904
checkout firehawk52 guide and use qobuz downloader to download 320kbps mp3. That should be reasonable and good enough for 99% of people including you
>>
>>122601904
Download flacs using slsk.
Convert those flacs to opus or aac (if you use Apple devices) using foobar for example.
>>
>>122601904
post headphones first
>>
>>122601904
>have .FLAC files, but my library is going to occupy 100GB, that’s not cool
jesus fucking christ, you can get a 1tb hard drive for like £30... life must be hell for a poorfag
>>
>>122601904
I have 120GBs of flac music, a bit over 9000 files and I never feel i have much music.

Just get a basic extra hard drive, you can find some cheap ones too
>>
>>122601904
Storage is no longer as expensive as it was
>>
bump
>>
>>122601904

buy more storage.
>>
>>122604741
I want to listen to it on the go, I have an iPhone.
>>
>>122604984
buy an android and be happy.
>>
>>122605061
I have one, but it is worse than my iPhone and doesn’t have a slot to expand the memory.
>>
>>122602120
I have an external storage, but it’s not what I need.
>>
>>122602105
Foobar? I have no idea what it is. Is there a Terminal command to convert it from .flac to .acc?
>>
>>122605367
Have you tried looking it up? It's a windows program with a GUI that can convert a bunch of files with a few clicks.

Since you have an iPhone you'll probably want to convert to AAC. You need to either install iTunes to do that or you can extract the files you need from the iTunes installer (follow the steps in user_none's reply: https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/yiy9m0/comment/iun6nu7/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button).
You'll need to put the extracted files in the encoder folder within your foobar installation (I recommend going for a portable installation). Also install Foobar's free encoder pack (you can find it on their website). Now you should be able to convert to 'AAC (Apple)'.
>>
>>122605308
i can smell the curry
>>
File: IMG_2471.jpg (60 KB, 800x800)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>122606043
Whiter than you xD
w/love from VENICE [LEGION]

>>122605816
There's a simpler way to convert from different formats. On unix-based OS:

```
ffmpeg -i input.flac -c:a aac -b:a 256k output.aac
```

Anyway thanks for explaining.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.