[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 400.jpg (24 KB, 378x378)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>that time a black woman joined tears for fears
>>
>that time a black woman joined primal scream
>>
Problem is that Americans assume that racial segregation is the default and not an autistic thing americans did(ethnicities keeping to their own is a completely different thing)

A black british guy joining a white new wave band or a white boy in a second wave ska band weren't seen as a big deal in the Uk
>>
the big thing in british electronic music at the time was having white guys be the dj and having a black woman singer belt out the lyrics
>>
diversity hire
>>
File: Stone Roses 1996.jpg (93 KB, 615x409)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>that time 2 black guys and a paki joined The Stone Roses
>>
>>122605200
In fairness Aziz is a damn good guitarist, it’s just he was having to replace John Squire which was probably the hardest job anyone has ever had ever
>>
File: images (13).jpg (8 KB, 275x183)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>122602309
>that one time cure had a black drummer
>>
>>122605200
Nothing screams "it's so over" more than the '96 Roses. Fizzling out on third-rate festival stages the same summer Oasis did Knebworth. Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHH9f5rZ34

I'm glad they could all get together for a proper farewell in the 2010s.
>>
>>122602309
Seeds of Love is peak TFF
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>that time Zappa added 2 black women
>>
>>122602309
black women are based. i have used several black women singers in my band. they always deliver. they are great on the road too.
they take no bullshit and will not hesitate to get violent when people try to fuck us out of money. they are always down to ride my cock too which is great when you are lonely and stressed on a godawful tour. don't be a rockstar kids.
>>
>>122605937
He always had racially mixed bands, I can’t think of many albums or tours that were 100% white guys but I’m not a freak Zappa nerd so I’m not positive. The only thing he was a bit of a stooge about was not inviting women to join his groups, Ruth was the only woman to ever play with him, his reasoning was not that women weren’t musically available but that he was skeptical women could put up with the overall boys club vibe of the group and the grueling practices and tours. Still mysoginistic at the end of the day but he eventually added Ruth to his group so there you have it.

Never had black back up singers though, maybe on that huge 87 tour he lost a ton of money on.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.