[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
>>122672375
He sucks and I literally can’t think of any other current day rockstars so going to have to disagree here bob.
>>
>>122672375
technically he's a genius, but he also understands how to make a song sound good
yvette never really understood the latter though she more technically impressive than tim

but these are exceptions, and the genre they're in is a big exception overall. Music in general is worse.
>>
There are no rockstars in this generation.
There are rock larpers
>>
so true
t.op
>>
>>122672660

still are tons of rockstars. So many that they're competing with each other. Nobody is going out of their way to make one rockstar bigger than the others, because why, so there are many rockstars. Old ones, new ones, middle aged ones.

(((the people in charge))) don't like rock. The music (((they))) like isn't liked by any but 12 year old girls and some fags. And they don't go see live music.

Some think Henson is a rock star? Maybe, but there are others who are actually well known.
>>
>>122672375
Better than what? Getting a root canal without local anaesthetic? I suppose but just marginally so.
>>
>>122672375
>fist as big OP picrel's head
>machined his own guitar, too heavy for others to play
>hasn't learn any new chords or how to strum since he was 13
>steals macho man's gf. also dumps her too
This is a rockstar bro.
>>
>>122672416
>he also understands how to make a song sound good
name at least 1 good song by him
>>
>>122672375
Who is this faggot
>>
>>122672375
>Polyphia
>"""""rock"""""
>Tim Henson
>"""""rock""""" guitarist
>>
>>122672887
champagne
>>
>>122672375
>Stands in one place on stage and can't move because his music is too technical to play if you look away from the fretboard for one second.
This is not a rockstar. People go to shows for the excitement of seeing musicians perform their music, and the crowd relies on the physical movements of the performers to help them loosen up and enjoy the experience.

Zoomers just fucking stand there in one spot on the stage looking at the ground while they perform their music. These live shows are perfect for filming on your iPhone, but not for losing yourself in the moment and having fun.
>>
>>122672995
Is there anything that actually rocks? I think he's very talented and even catchy (unlike some who started off on youtubers), but why is it rock or metal adjacent?
>>
>>122672753
>t.op
more like >b.ottom
>>
>>122673080
Mostly because of who he knows desu, he's well connected in the guitar community and technical music community so he's done shit with guys like Steve Vai and the remains of Dragonforce.
Most of polyphia's stuff has a faggy quality to it, there's no avoiding it, but they ape metal shit and flash \m/ at every show. I like them though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JNmz17gnMw might be close

Overall I'd say they're really more like "what if guitars made hiphop"
>>
>>122673147
I've always seen them as a mix of hip hop, electronic, and pop in technical rock form
https://youtu.be/2hln1TOQUZ0?si=tKdp3PDl2RUV_in4 I've seen people say this is their rnb song too, I like because they don't sound like traditional rock and metal
>>
>>122672416
>yvette never really understood the latter though she more technically impressive than tim
Kek. 0/10
>>
>>122672816
root canals feel good
>>
mk.gee > your favorite guitar player
>>
>>122672375
>One of the rockstars of this generation
>Doesn't even rock
>>
>>122674592
what do you take issue with, yvette?
>>
>>122673147
Tim has definitely put his holes to work to help give his career a boost. He's too pretty to get away with not doing it.
>>
>>122672782
you have to be famous to be a rock star, moron
the only people famous for playing rock music are boomers like dave grohl
>>
>>122674592
PUTA
>>
Tim's a faaaaaag
>>
>>122673147
>ego death
damn that's deep as fuck. Spiritual masterpiece
>>
>>122673147
Steve Vai really makes all the difference here. It only starts rocking with him. The other guys are great and groove.. but rock leads are another beast entirely. To me it the best of it sounds chaotic and like man harnessing electricity. You could be a shitty guitarist or a virtuoso, but it has that common quality. It's not all the clickety clackety noises.
>>
>>122672416
I feel like you have that backwards. Henson's strikes me as much more impressive. My issue with Polyphia is that their songs always feel cluttered, like a series of demos stuck together into one song. The ideas are never really explored fully. Playing God is great, but jumps all over the place. Ego Death feels soulless until Steve Vai's bit. Neurotica is alright, but feel like it has a dozen pointless effects. It's the musical equivalent of tiktok.
Yvette Young seems less technical, but her music gives the proper amount of time to each part and actually makes me feel something. https://youtu.be/05nLVdevhPQ?t=42
Comparing the two is a bit difficult since Polyphia is prog and Covet is math rock/midwest emo. I also dislike electronic music so it's hard for me to seriously listen to Polyphia.
>>
>>122679674
>Polyphia is prog
>all songs are in 4/4 and straightforward as fuck
Just because it got shitloads of notes doesn't make it prog
>>
>>122672887
sweet tea
>>
no person younger than 20 cares about rock
>>
>>122679674
why does yvette keep losing her bandmates
>>
They have no taste, they should listen to jazz and learn how to build a tune.
>>
>>122672375
Tim Henson's guitar playing is cool to look at but sounds like shit. He also looks like pussy and is trying to make up for it with shitty neck tattoos
>>
>>122672375
>doesnt post a rock star
>are better
better what?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.