[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pin.jpg (227 KB, 3000x3000)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
FL Studio is for making "beats".
Ableton is for making music.
>>
>>122801617
fruityloops is iconic software that defined the sound of early 2000s urban music in multiple countries.
ableton is optimized for making landfill techno or house releases.
max/msp is for making music.
>>
>>122801617
I make beginner tier AC/DC wannabe shitty guitar music in FL Studio thoughbeit.
>>
>>122801617
both ableton and fl studio were tossed in the trash constantly by protools and cubase users, so i don't know why ableton users have gotten a superiority complex about it recently. both have unconventional workflows not suited towards traditional studio work.
>>
File: file.png (145 KB, 602x339)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
for me, its bitwig with tens of thousands of dollars worth of pirated vst
>>
>>122802376
based
>>
Renoise and most trackers are for beats.
>>
>>122801617
And Pro Tools is for making money.
>>
>>122801617
And you are for making neither.
>>
>>122801617

Logic is for making HITS
>>
Reaper is for chads who only track instruments. It's the best and it's $60 bucks flat. You can do plugins for direct-in guitar. I program virtual drums on it. I recommend it to anyone who wants to do rock music from their bedroom. Trust me, you need nothing else if that's your genre. Of course you may have to pay more for the plugins but it's like 1/8th the price of other stuff.
>>
>>122803929
>using drm tools just because other people use it
oh no no no no lmaoooo
>>
All DAWs basically do the same thing. If you are wigging out about your DAW choice you are getting sidetracked
>>
>>122803985
if you want to make a living in music then learn to use the industry standard, if you're a little faggot dicking around with a daw making shit no one will ever listen to then use whatever you want
we both already know you're the latter
>>
>>122803976

Reaper is good everything tho and is literally the best daw out there

Anyway, here's the most based opinion: FL just sucks, Ableton's only redeeming quality is Max4Live, Cubase is an example of unnecessarily overcomplicated UI and thus shit, Pro Tools is an industry standard because literal boomers had nothing else. And yeah, it's overcomplicated shit too
>>
>>122805105
unless you listen to mumblerap, 99% of the music you listen to from the last 30 years was made with pro tools

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.