[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does /mu/ like Mastodon?
>>
/metal/ hates it
they always insult me when I post it
>>
>>122804410
Because it's nuMetal. Anything after the 80s is shit according to them.
>>
>>122804410
AND STAY OUT, REDDITOR
>>
>>122804505
you're the only silly one here for acting all high and mighty
>>
>>122804390
Yes,

This time, this time
Things'll work out just fine
We won't let you slip away
>>
All the albums up to blood mountain are 10/10 peak metal.
>>
WHITE WHALE
>>
>>122804390
>>122804657
It's an anti-Semitic album.
>>
>>122804729
why did nobody tell me mastodon was ns buttmetal
>>
https://www.deathmetal.org/review/mastadon-cold-dark-place-really-sucks/
>>
>pop music but angry
pass
>>
Mastodon/Feist – Feistodon

Somewhere out there, someone in a Sonic Youth t-shirt smoking a cigarette wedged between his pinky and ring finger came in his pants. By teaming up with singer-songwriter Feist, Mastodon have released their most hipster pandering product yet. Covering each others songs reveals the true ethos behind these abominations – weepy garage rock. You can throw down-tuned instruments and “loud” drumming at this thing all you want, but this is just Weezer covering an Alanis Morrissette song from both sides. Similar to other flavor of the month sham peddlers Boris, Mastodon is all ironic posturing first, band second.
>>
Crack the Skye is a fucking masterpiece, would pay good money to see that played in full
>>
Yeah, its pretty nice.
>>
>>122804428
there's nothing numetal about mastodon
>>
>>122804390
they had a shirt for blood mountain with a yeti fighting a sabretooth tiger, kinda cheesy but loved it
>>
>>122806283
>there's nothing metal about mastodon
fixed
>>
>>122804410
That must mean it's good
>>
>>122804428
But they also call anything made before the 90s diapershit
>>
>>122806377
Explain why.
>>
letting the drummer start singing was the beginning of the end. CtS was a good one-off record (for the most part) but everything after that has been (mostly) watered down radio rock slop.

some damn fine riffs before then though
>>
>>122806439
it's buttrock for reddit beardos
>>
>>122806456
Okay but explain how
>>
>>122804390
I liked the first 3 albums
Hate the direction the band went after Brann started singing
>>
>>122806462
sounds of buttrock and craft beer drinking reddit hipster beard twirling emanating from the speakers when their music is played
>>
>>122806443
/thread
>>
>>122806504
Ok but how
>>
>>122806511
ask them how, they are the ones who decided to make it that way
>>
>>122806521
Lmao you're a subjective faggot that can't actually explain why the sound of a band is bad without shitting out buzzwords. You're not too different from a redditor, you know?
>>
Their first 4 albums are pretty awesome, can't really speak on their other albums because it was around the same time I was getting a little bored of metal.
>>
My personal ranking:
Remission>Blood Mountain>Leviathan>Crack the Skye>Early EPs>Once More Round the Sun>[power gap]>The Hunter>Emperor of Sand>Hushed and Grim
I don't listen to anything below the power gap regularly
>>
>>122806530
cope. mastadong is buttrock a la qotsa, foo fighters, etc., and not metal. maybe their downtuning threw you off or something?
>>
>>122804410
They are the ones who suck hard, that's why they are not compatible with it
>>
Even though Billy is a huge libtard, they are one of my favorite bands. Going to see them live in august.
>>
>>122805490
Possibly the most autistic site on the internet
>>
>>122806588
They are metal albeit
>>
>>122806220
They are very committed to playing that album live, when it first came out and during anniversaries. Saw a full play of Crack the Skye twice and it still holds up as one of the best shows I've been to.
>>
>>122806537
Remission > Leviathan > Crack the Skye > Blood Mountain > the rest
>>
>>122806763
>>122807125
Are they good live nowadays? Every time I've seen them (granted it was in festivals where they had 45 min slots before the headliners) their sound hasn't been very good, and their singing left something to be desired.
>>
>>122804390
I'd love to smoke chronic dank with them and watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The movie of course, LINOLEUM KNIIIIIFE!!
>>122805556
I liked Fiestodon, a nice moment. But maybe that's just cause I saw Feist open
for Bon Iver in 2012 and that'll forever be one of the greatest shows I'll ever see

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.