[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0001.jpg (20 KB, 650x366)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>ITS ALL ABOUT LE CHORDS AND CHORD PROGRESSIONS MAN
>BM7 INTO D9A12 I V IV MAN
Why did jazz turn music into soulless chord theory bullshittery? I swear, 12 equal tone temperament was the end of fine composition. I can bet you your favorite composer did not use chord theory bullshittery
>>
her face looks weird. i mean her facial gestures... and what's she trying to convey with that face expression? Why facial gestures from cgdct-sol anime are so poorly developed? Most of it look like royalty free designs or art simulacrums.
and what about that pink dyed hair? is she a literal bitch for it then?
Also what is that heavily moe oriented aesthetic trying to convey exactly? And what's the endgame of this aesthetic? Am i the only one who find that kind of aesthetic pretty annoying? I'd like to gun her face after rap*ng that smug bitch.
>>
>>122881155
People heard that chords have functions and decided that was how music worked. Now you've got people who will insist that the dominant "leads" to the tonic and then play them both in fucking root position and just slide the whole thing down. Teaching people to think of music purely in terms of vertical harmony completely obscured the tension-resolution processes of voice leading that lead to the functions of those relationships in harmony in the first place.
Now look where we are. Bunch of nerds with zero taste comparing "progressions" where they stack endless extensions on top of each other with zero regard for the movement over time of voices.
>>
>>122882444
Bocchi is my spirit animal and I'll not stand for this insult.

Also, she is NOT AT ALL smug or a bitch
>>
>12 equal tone temperament was the end

Return to tradition and SOVL

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nCkyxMYJfOrmiyvqPG0Yrg05t6_0piZ78
>>
>>122882583
how can we fix music
>>
hey ho
>>
>>122881155
>Why did jazz turn music into soulless chord theory bullshittery? I swear, 12 equal tone temperament was the end of fine composition. I can bet you your favorite composer did not use chord theory bullshittery.

I can't stand jazz musicians and their arrogant wankery. Most of them wouldn't even know how to spell a IV11b7 chord.
>>
>>122881155
>animoe poster
>shitty opinion
wow
>>
>>122888351
>t. jazz "musician"
>>
>>122888387
go back to the real general faggot
>>
bump
>>
>>122888351
>anime hater
>thinks he has any right to complain on an anime site
Wow-er, still!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.