[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (457 KB, 828x581)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
On a lot of more obscure 80s/90s songs they seem to have these specific drum machines that aren't the typical 808 or LinnDrum
Is there any way to identify them? Like Shazam for drum machines? Is my best bet just asking on boomer forums like gearspace?
>>
>>122889187
If you listen to genres where drum machines are common you'll learn to recognize the sound eventually.
>>
>>122889187
no one is going to build an app 100% dedicated for something so niche. yes gearspace or similar forums are your best bet.
also keep in mind that there's always the possibility of some songs using custom modular drum sounds or modified drum machine samples, which could lead to a vague guessing game from the part of people who had no involvement in the original recording. off the top of my head, i believe that on Thriller, they used a modified Linndrum (or whatever drum machine it was) by changing some chips from a different model for particular drum sounds like congas or something, so just going by the sound, that could lead to some confusion to pin down the drum machine.
>>
>>122891837
>gearspace
shout out to all my crackas who remember when it was called gearsluts
>>
>>122891837
>no one is going to build an app 100% dedicated for something so niche
I am
>>
>>122889187
If the drums sound like a drum machine it’s a drum machine
>>
>>122889187
I think it would be easier to look up "what drum machine was used in xyz song". there can't be that many.
>>
>>122895206
this, op.

also haunt youtube for vids playing machines - must be a good number out there. or hunt lik sample archives

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.