[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Rate_Your_Music_logo.svg.png (89 KB, 1200x1200)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
did this thing aged well?

https://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time/deweight:live,archival,soundtrack/#pos3

1 to pimp a butterfly
2 ok computer
3 in rainbows
4 wish you were here
5 madvillainy
6 in the court of the crimson king
7 kid a
8 good kid, maad city
9 loveless
10 the dark side of the moon
>>
People like to shit on Kendrick but 3 Radiohead albums is way worse.
>>
100% agree with all of it.
>>
1 No
2 Yes
3 No
4 Yes
5 No
6 Kinda (or Red)
7 Yes (Personally better than OK Computer)
8 No (But it is better than TPAB)
9 No
10 Maybe

Abbey Road and Marquee Moon are Top 10
>>
>>122889700
It's a pretty ridiculous list when you type it out like that. I got so used to seeing it on the website that I didn't realise what it was actually saying.
That Apple Music top 10 might even be better, but I suppose that's just because it was curated and RYM is democracy.
>>
>>122889738
This, it's all around probably the worst list on the internet for that reason alone.
>>
I wont say anything about Kendrick because I really haven't listened to him that much, but having In-fucking-Rainbows so high is an insult. I also don't get the extreme jerking off of ITCOTCK when Crimson made much better albums. Also Madvillainy has no business being so high on the Hio-Hop charts. That should be the place for Illmatic or ATCQ

>>122889738
this. The #1 place of every yearly chart is reserved for the Obligatory Radiohead record minus a couple exceptions.
>>
>>122889863
>most of the best music of all time is made by american black people
how does this make you feel
>>
>>122889903
Madvillany is the best rap album of all time.
>>
>>122889963
>baiting for racist replies
it shouldn't matter since it's not what real blacks listen to. kendrick lamar and michael jackson have the whitest fanbases on the planet and that's a fact.
>>
>>122889700
1 shit
2 mediocre
3 even more mediocre
4 passable
5 dc
6 shit (red is better)
7 nice but should be ranked #70
8 really dc
9 nice but should be ranked #19
10 lmao terrrible boomer pick, syd-era Pink floyd is best floyd

RYM is usable only if you ignore BOTH the top charts and the users
>>
tpab is overrated pretentious american trash and only Alright and Blacker than Berry are good
>>
>>122890853
this.
rym is a good database and that's all
>>
one of the problems i have with rym is that list lmfao, it proves how the internet changed music criticism so much. trust me, that money store record does NOT deserve to be on 37 of albums of ALL TIME and not should not be higher than marquee moon, blackstar or station to station. internet recks heavy in this list alone and now stands as a way for why the same predictable albums are on every topster/chart possible instead of being unique.
>>122889700
the only albums on this list i like and agree can be high up are loveless, wish you were here/floyd picks, good kidd (although this one should not be that high up lmfao, in a rap one maybe) and crimson king.
>>122890902
>>122890853
>RYM is usable only if you ignore BOTH the top charts and the users
otherwise yes, the site is a fantastic database for any music but it's users and top lists are abysmal.
>>
File: GRwQphnX0AIUE_2.jpg (77 KB, 941x989)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>122889700
>top 10 albums of all time
>not a single classical music recording
>>
1 No
2 Sure
3 No
4 Sure
5 No Opinion on this type of rapping music
6 Yes
7 Yes
8 No
9 Yes
10 No
>>
>>122891632
Including classical releases seems to defeat the point slightly. If you like Beethoven's symphonies, then your top list could technically just be ten different albums playing the same nine pieces by equally competent orchestras.
>>
>>122890902
if that's all you're using rym for, you should really just use discogs
>>
1 nope
2 ok
3 nope
4 ok
5 meh
6 ok
7 nope
8 better than TPAB but not top 10 material
9 nope
10 ok
>>
>>122889700
They overrate nip gook music, it’s absurd
>>
>>122892251
They overrate it by having 3 Japanese albums in top 200. 2 of them by shitmans - group nobody in Japan cares about anymore.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>122889700
Objectively correct
>>
>>122889700
>0 albums from 50's
>1 album from the 60's, the greatest decade in music
dumb zoomer
>>
>>122889700
>TPAB
nah
>Ok Computer
good album, not top 10 though
>in Rainbows
weaker than OKC
>wish you were here
not my cup of tea
>madvillainy
I'm not gonna listen to it
>in the court of the crimson king
acceptable placement, for traditional purposes
>kid a
much worse than OKC, IR, bends
>gkmc
nope
>loveless
9-15 is a reasonable placement
>dsotm
fine

albums that deserve top 10 placements instead:
>Pet Sounds
>Clube Da Esquina
>Forca Bruta
>Vespertine
>>
Don't care, I just use the site to keep track of my collection and new releases
>>
>>122891980
You're seriously underestimating how much goes into classical interpretation. No two performances sound the same to a trained ear.
>>
File: 1712340736671330.png (955 KB, 1045x1157)
955 KB
955 KB PNG
do goys have worse taste in music or movies?
>>
>>122895067
all of these are cinema classics
>>
File: char2t22.png (1.59 MB, 1000x1018)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
that is just the /mu/core chart which is just an aggregate of all the albums music pubs said were good. because both mu and music pubs are irrelevant on the internet nowadays there considered rym-core. i really wouldnt consider the best of chart on rym to be "rym core". the list of albums that avant titans have curated is far more indicative of the taste that avant teens and newgen users try to emulate. theres two different worlds on rym it feels like. this thread is just ranking the mucore list for the millionth time.
>>
>>122895845
>one bladee release
>its a shitty bootleg that whacks all of his early singles into a three hour long compilation, regardless of popularity or quality
>chart has none of his albums, despite their thematic cohesions or reasonable runtimes
jej
>>
>>122895902
the trve rym core charts are mostly about posturing taste. the process of selection is the same type of droning mucore plebs do when they make their charts but instead of radiohead its fucking stockhausen.
tho i do like the bladee city compilation because i like having all those singles compiled into a single whole.
>>
>>122892324
60s have to step aside for 70s, 80s and 90s in that order, and then is in close contest with the 2000s
>>
>>122895067
Much better list than RYM.
Now let's see Sonemic's top movie chart
>>
>>122891523
The Money Store was really good though, not their best work, I would have put steroids up there, but it's still a great album.
>>
>>122889700
10. DSOTM - Average, the death of Pink Floyd
9. Loveless - Overrated fuzzy pap
8. Good Kid - Haven't listened
7. Kid A - Good, not great
6. Crimson King - Good, Red is better
5. Madvillainy - Haven't listened
4. Wish You Were Here - Good, their last album I really give a shit about
3. In Rainbows - Good
2. OK Computer - Great
1. TPAB - Couldn't finish. Monotonous
>>
>>122889700
None of those are in my top 50, but there's at least three I can get behind.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.