[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1624902951480.jpg (148 KB, 1124x1106)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
For musicians that play in front of people, how do you keep your anxiety and nervousness in check?
Ive played two shows with between 20-30 people each and my heart was thumping out my chest and moved not groove but to not have my legs shake... I didnt really mess up or anything but god is the feeling awful... the first show i was vomiting and dry heaving out of nervousness.
any tips or thoughts???
>>
>>122898535
u have to keep going
music is counting on you to keep it alive
you have to keep playing
>>
>>122898535
I've seen your butthole
>>
>>122898535
play tons of shows. theres nothing else. i had crippling agoraphobia and social anxiety in my middle and HS years and i even had anxiety about playing certain gigs far from home. but after like a decade, i just got used to it. so just play shows
>>
>>122898535
Yeah just play a ton. play a lot. get the muscle memory so locked in that it doesn't matter what you're feeling you can play that shit perfectly.

if you're confident/competent with your instrument that's the basis of everything
>>
>>122898535

Let the music guide you.
>>
>>122898556
Are you replying yo Jennifer Lawrence?
>>
>>122898535
i personally give no fucks about people looking at me or so, just keep in mind the thought that nobody is actually there, the whole place empty, it will help.
or also imagine that you are just practicing, either with your band or in your room alone. helps as well.
much luck anon
>>
>>122898535
Lots of musicians secretly take beta blockers for this. Doesn't fix the anxiety, but does mask the symptoms, which is enough to stop you visibly spilling your spaghetti. Not fun either so doctors are generally willing to prescribe them.
>>
File: 1629515488513.jpg (19 KB, 489x616)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
never had any doubt. always felt the elevated stage was where i belong. in fact it is the reverse... i get anxious when i am in a crowd.
>>
>>122898535
once you get old you stop giving a shit
>>
>>122898535
I'm a misanthrope, so I don't care about what others think. I play for myself.
>>
>>122898535
You get used to it. Maybe don't look at the crowd at first, just fix your gaze at a level just above them or look at your bandmates.
>>
>>122898535
do a practice rehearsal half an hour beforehand
get your nerves out in private, then be fearless on stage
>>
>>122898535
Why are the drawings in part 2 so shit?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.