[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Emo is the greatest genre to ever exist. it helped create so much good music and inspired a whole generation defining subculture even if completely pushed by corporatism towards disaffected teenagers. Plus alot of bands still hold up, whether it be first wave ones like rites of spring embrace or moss icon second wave like the promise ring capn jazz sunny day real estate, jimmy eat world? and of course even mall emo like the used hawthorne heights thursday and my chemical romance and epsecially brand new made incredbile music. jesse lacey, whatever you think of him personally, is one of the best songwriters of his generation. and even the new wave of emo like a decade ago was great like modern baseball and you blew it! i haven't gone to shows much in a while but i'm sure the scene is still going strong bands like hot mulligan seem to be doing well and people love free throw. anyway whatever you think is real emo its all mostly goddamn good to me. especially classics like the get up kids jets to brazil and the aforementioned bands of course among others. i still call taking back sundays first album emo and that also deserves mentioning. anyway thank you, signed by the me :)

Thank god I had to look for a picture for this in that time i thought that i must not put this out there without mentioning Skramz. Pg. 99, Saetia, Funeral Diner, CityCop. and Orchid as well as The Saddest Landscape are all incredible. also on an unrelated note may I close, finally, by saying American Football sucks and had 2 good songs, and you know which ones i'm talking about. absolute snoozers, how capn jazz was so groundbreaking must be down to that promise ring guy or something cause Owen sucked ass too
>>
>>122899441
you are absolutely right anon
>>
>>122899528
goddamn right i am, thank you anon
>>
>posts a non emo album
very gud
>>
"Write me a pretentious prompt about emo from the perspective of an emo fan that only knows the first 5 bands that pop up on google search. Add slight contrarianism."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FB4ztKjIUo
best emo I've heard recently.
>>
I mean yeah, but Jawbreaker isn't emo
>>
>>122902151
Yes, they are
>>
>>122902180
>are you out there
>do you hear me
>can i call you
>do you still hate me
;-;
>>
>>122902012
>Write me a pseudo-snarky reply by an Indian man who doesn't know how to greentext or what the word prompt means
>>
Besides Little League, I really don't get this album
>>
>>122899441

was never the same once Blake got his throat fixed
>>
>>122899441
epicly retarded post, epicly unrelated op image
>>
For me, it's Condition Oakland
>>
>>122899576
>>122902151
>>122902285
Yeah Jawbreaker weren’t entirely emo, but they had some monumental emo tunes and they really inspired it. Not just on Dear You btw. Their debut already had some emocore vibes here and there
>>
I didn't like Texas Is The Reason for the longest time, but suddenly they clicked and I love them
>>
>>122899441
Emo is fucking shit and for queers. I can’t stand it.
>>
>>122902697
>emotional honesty bad
>>
you guys are retarded jawbreaker IS emo
>>
File: jessefaggey.png (1.87 MB, 1896x1484)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>122899441
Nice try

Jawbreaker is a great band. Brand new is shit
>>
>>122902202
I only really like the three covers, the rest is just alright
>>
>>122904411
>AC/DC
>No alcohol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKc_Ej8RiVs
>>
>>122902984
emotions are for women and faggots. which one are you?
>>
motley crue is known for playing emo before any of those you mentioned formed .
>>
pinecone ■ was known for playing emo before any of those formed .
>>
mice ■ is very old
>>
>>122899441
just wanted to say im seriously into jimmy eat world at the moment
emo can seemingly do no wrong
>>
>>122899441
You all just introduced me to Cap N Jazz a week ago, and now a few others. There is another band called Hella that is considered math rock. When I listen to the Cap N Jazz album they sound similar in a way. Is Cap considered math rock? Maybe closely related? Or am I retarded?
>>
>>122904599
>this autist thinks he's some kinda alpha male
>>
>>122905998
no you're right. Capn Jazz pioneered that style of emo. The mathy kind of stuff that was called twinkly emo. Of course Hella is a lot more abrasive but they're pulling from the same book to get their individual sounds
>>
Nobody over 20 listens to emo.
Literal teencore.
Grow up.
>>
>>122904599
Do zoomies really?
>>
>>122908027
Do you really think everyone you argue with on here is a zoomer
>>
>>122908086
Only zoomies fall for that alpha male bullshit about never expressing emotions
>>
>>122908100
>implying boomers didnt peddle it for 50 years till they all got addicted to opioids
>>
>>122899441
None of these bands were emo but they were liked by emos
https://strawpoll.com/LVyK2xV25Z0/
>>
>>122899441
HAIL EMO
HAIL OUR PEOPLE
HAIL VICTORY
>>
>>122906453
Except me! I still blast Circa Survive or Saosin to this day. Except, I think those are post-hardcore, not necessarily “emo”.
>>
Why did subcultures die?
>>
It’s one of the only genres I listen to anymore.
>>
Bump
>>
Emo and post-hardcore are my favorite genres of all time. Hardcore too although thats not really in the same lane. Raw emotion
>>
Saosin is still one of my favorites even now

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.