[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cover.jpg (444 KB, 1200x1205)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
How do you guys feel about Arghoslent?
>>
File: a2025532116_10.jpg (419 KB, 1190x1200)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
riffslop for chuds. Check out this instead, it's a band the guitarist was in previously.
>>
I really love Hornets of the Pogrom.
I actually prefer this Arghoslent Worship project though. You will probably like it if you like them. Usurpr is the name
>>
>>122901987
That's what the drummer was in previously
>>
We love Arghoslent here. Their lyrics, and Grand Belial's Key's, should be taught in schools.
>>
>>122903125
>here
Where is that exactly?
>>
I like that they are unique, in aesthetic, riff style, mostly the way they bring together different things to make their own thing. I have some Argho and GBK merch. Good example of standard recepie death/black metal that has a heart in that the songwriting is priority over individual riffs
>>
>>122904076
>songwriting
by this I mean, I think most guitarists could write a more complex/brutal riff than any individual argho riff, but few could write a whole song that works altogether as well
>>
>>122904089
Their songs have the same structure literally every time. GBK has some varied structure. Arghoslent songs are always fast chorus-verse and then a slow part. Not hard to win the game when you write pop songs
>>
A Metalarchives review says they’re not even death metal and just steal riffs from Iron Maiden. I wouldn’t know because I don’t listen to Iron Maiden
>>
One of my favorite melodeath bands even though they just play maiden riffs instead of your standard swedish melodeath, but they are still good especially the first album
>>
>>122904136
They sound barely anything like Maiden, they sound like Running Wild with some songwriting stats reduced in favor of extremity
>>
The problem with a band that sounds like
>Heavy metal but with death-metal elements
Is that you mediate both until you have nothing exceptional about either one. You can't just copy and paste blastbeats over an Iron Maiden riff, it'd obviously sound like dogshit. Most melodic death metal bands have way more going for them than just sounding like heavy metal. They usually rely on blastbeats less, while Arghoslent spams the shit out of them. They take the catchy lead guitar harmonies, Arghoslent has no catchy melodies or harmonies.
Heavy metal riffs usually sound like the same thing, if you didn't pay attention to all the melodic context they feed into in the song. Death, thrash metal have riffs. Heavy metal has melodies. Pick one.
>>
>>122904211
Does “melodeath” refer specifically to those bands that use heavy metal riffs? Because obviously some melodic death metal doesn’t at all
>>
>>122904463
It's a shaky term
Most classic Swedish melodeath is better than Arghoslent, imo
It's a simplification to say that that stuff is just heavy metal with a few extreme bells and whistles, most bands take huge influence from heavy metal harmonies though, while usually having epic song structures.
>>
>>122903984
Latin America, where the main guy behind those two bands is from too btw
>>
>>122904076
>>122904089
This makes no sense at all what the hell are you talking about, if anything Arghoslent is the other way around. Strong riffs but lackluster songwriting
>>
File: 6w.webm (1.6 MB, 640x800)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB WEBM
>>
>>122904463
its what ABBA would have sounded like if they were a death metal band
>>
>>122904211
>Arghoslent spams the shit out of them
I'm not a massive Arghoslent fan but I really don't hear this, like AT ALL. Their drum parts are fairly varied. This sounds like you're talking out of your ass
>>
>>122906073
>born 1973; New York City, New York, United States
>lived in Argentina from 1999 to 2000

Why do you people always lie?
>>
>make a nice thread
>doesn't post links
You guys really can't make things right. Eh?
>>
>>122906194
There's tons of blastbeats lol, are you just listening to their newest or what
Listen to Incorrigible Bigotry or stuff from before that
>>
File: Argentina.jpg (8 KB, 302x167)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>122906711
>>
Hornets is 10/10, rest of the discography is good but not great. Newest album was a massive letdown. Fucking awful production.
>>
>>122906711
nigga he's an argie stop coping.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.