[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Image 10.jpg (82 KB, 735x642)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Have HiFi headphones ruined your enjoyment of music? It has for me. I just hear the mixing and the sound for what it is. It just sounds like shit. I am not capable to hear music for what it is anymore.
Has this happened in your /mu/nt?
>>
>>122903828
You're listening on a shit pair of headphones or bait
>>
>>122903831
I have Focal Bathys, HD800s and Airpod Maxes.I have also had DT 900 pro x's which I hated and then returned.
Goin back to cheapo headphones does not help the sound after what I experienced.
>>
>buys studio headphones that are supposed to highlight mistakes in mixing (such as sibilance) for regular listening
>my music sounds shit now!!!
yup, that's how it works, you fell for the meme
>>
>>122903828
EQ. Harman 2018 target plus some extra bass. Check out AutoEQ.
>>
>>122903828
use speakers and enjoy za tunez.
>>
>>122903828
How do you use them, and what do you have in terms of files ?
>>
I have two pairs of nice headphones and I just got a DAP. I've never enjoyed music more in my life since getting nicer equipment. Sound's like you've got a skill issue bud
>>
>>122907108
Why is it everyone here is a condescending asshat ? You might have gotten to know trivial shit that everyone know, but you are not a "Master gate-keeper" because of that.

Now >>122903828
Answer this >>122907086
>>
>>122907125
Sorry I didnt mean to come across as an asshat, just making a joke. You obviously don't have a skill issue, just what >>122904214 said. You're probably just noticing all the rough bits of songs now.
>>
>>122907367
I am not the OP and I have barely novice knowledge in the field of HiFi, I know enough to know though, that if you want to use them for a clearer listening experience it is smart to invest in a proper audio medium or "Proper*" DAC even, and for a starter in HiFi it might be smart to start off with a program that makes the audio playback exactly like it should through either ROON or Audirvana before throwing at the steep learning curve of Foobar (Simply), to learm how audio playback need to be centered around making sure that your input/output sources are playing the same "ratios**" as they should.
**It's not enough to buy a Hifi headset and then expect the audio to "magically" turn clean on an MP3 file. Or that your FLAC file or .WAV-file in various varieties will be playing back magically by themselves without help. You will always, at and above, CD-quality flac files uou will need to know if they are first off 16/24-bit, if there is KHz that need to be adjusted in the sampling rate so you do not play a 24-bit 44.1KHz file at 16-Bit 48Khz as an example.
*proper DAC mean pricetag out of the question, if it can "translate to your needs that need be catered to, check the market for budget at first to figure out if it for you
**Ratio are explained from**
This is the smaller bits I have learned so far, I hope it can help the OP
>>
>>122907552
Yeah sorry for the broken English but it's the pregabalin making those mistakes
Rephrasing a whole part of the text ;
>**It's not enough to buy a Hifi headset and then expect the audio to "magically" turn clean on an MP3 file. Or that your FLAC file or .WAV-file in various varieties will be playing back magically by themselves without help. You will always, at and above CD-quality level, or for FLAC files need to know if they are first off 16/24-bit, and if there is KHz that need to be adjusted in the sampling rate so you do not play a 24-bit 44.1KHz file at 16-Bit 48Khz as an example.
Then there is "The law of Two's", but that is a WHOLE other story

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.